Sign in to follow this  
HokieHWT

Lottery Win

A few weeks back there was talk about what to do if you won the lottery, which programs would you start up, etc.

Well last night after the gun fire I went to WaWa for some tea and Copenhagen. About 3 hours before my wife and I wrote our New Year’s Resolutions. One of mine was giving up scratch tickets. On my way to the store I remembered I had a $20 winner in the glovebox and figured I’d cash it in and buy one more and call it quits.

Well I won $20,200 ($13500 after taxes). I want to give back to the community a little, maybe $500-1000, rest goes to the foundlings college funds.

Where would it do the most good? Anyone know any inner city programs or youth clubs that need some help?

7 minutes ago, HokieHWT said:

A few weeks back there was talk about what to do if you won the lottery, which programs would you start up, etc.

Well last night after the gun fire I went to WaWa for some tea and Copenhagen. About 3 hours before my wife and I wrote our New Year’s Resolutions. One of mine was giving up scratch tickets. On my way to the store I remembered I had a $20 winner in the glovebox and figured I’d cash it in and buy one more and call it quits.

Well I won $20,200 ($13500 after taxes). I want to give back to the community a little, maybe $500-1000, rest goes to the foundlings college funds.

Where would it do the most good? Anyone know any inner city programs or youth clubs that need some help?

Willie's legal fund  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, pamela said:

Congrats! A $20 winning ticket for $20200 in 2020! 

That's nuts!  Assuming you aren't pulling our leg here Hokie.  If not then congrats!  I'm sure other posters can chime in on worthy places to give some money.

In a similar vein, Jim Brown does amazing work for Wrestling For Life - doing exactly what you are looking for.  Gets shoes, gear, etc to wrestling programs that don't have the money to fund themselves as well as getting tickets for youth wrestling teams to attend college duals. 

Lots of info here and a big thanks for giving back - https://www.wrestlingforlife.org/

Edited by Gantry

I just emailed Beat the Streets Baltimore, they are even looking for a head wrestling coach but it’d be tough getting there three days a week from 230-6PM working 7AM to 3PM. I work 90 minutes from home and Baltimore is halfish way.

7 hours ago, HokieHWT said:

Send the money to me and I'll make sure it does the most possible good...

7 hours ago, HokieHWT said:

You're a good dude Hoke.  Hope the money goes to a good place....can't believe they took $7,000 in taxes.  Seems criminal.

12 hours ago, JBluegill133 said:

You're a good dude Hoke.  Hope the money goes to a good place....can't believe they took $7,000 in taxes.  Seems criminal.

I’ll get most of it back after write offs for work, travel, kids, day care, mortgage, losing lottery tickets, etc