Crash

Olympic Tix in Japan

Depending on who makes the team, was considering dropping some serious coin and making the trip.

But as it turns out, tix are virtually impossible to get.

Disappointing.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Gantry said:

Cosport has some INCREDIBLY expensive packages, like 10+ grand expensive.  Maybe 15+ grand to get to all sessions?  I've pretty much given up at this point, demand has totally outstripped supply...

I see that now.  They don't even list a Wrestling package, would need to piecemeal the flex packages to make it happen.  i'm going to give them a call to see of they could customize a package for me and what it would cost.

My head is spinning a bit on the prices I am seeing for flights, hotel rooms, and Wrestling tickets.  Supply/demand at its best.

You can get tickets, don't go through the official packages because they'll tear you a new one.  If it were me, my first thing would be to start contacting people in Japan who don't work for the company selling tickets and seeing about buying them through a 3rd party vendor.  It's easier to go to the official source, but if you don't want to pay an arm and a leg then there's lots of ways to find tickets.  Same with pretty much anything, flights, hotel, etc.  When I was traveling overseas in 2018, I found incredible deals in Asia on hotels and stuff.  Found a great hotel in Dubai right across from Mall of the Emirates for $40 a night.  

If you look at the wrestling schedule at least for men's freestyle there is also a woman's weight scheduled.  The popularity of the women in Japan made the demand for these sessions increase.  In the past I had no trouble getting tickets for wrestling (96, 04, 08, 16).

10 hours ago, PAFAN01 said:

If you look at the wrestling schedule at least for men's freestyle there is also a woman's weight scheduled.  The popularity of the women in Japan made the demand for these sessions increase.  In the past I had no trouble getting tickets for wrestling (96, 04, 08, 16).

Tokyo might be harder than past Olympics due to the abundance of wealthy ticket buyers within a short distance from the venues. Toyko dwarfs Atlanta or Athens. It does not  dwarf Beijing, of course.

1 hour ago, NJDan said:

Tokyo might be harder than past Olympics due to the abundance of wealthy ticket buyers within a short distance from the venues. Toyko dwarfs Atlanta or Athens. It does not  dwarf Beijing, of course.

14 million people in Tokyo. Crazy