Bronco

Arizona State at Ohio State - Next Monday on Fox Sports1

3 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

I wonder if anyone's shirt gets pulled for Ohio State. Speculation at 133. 

I kinda hope not.  If you're referencing Jordan Decatur that is.  I don't think it would be good for him, plus, if I recall correctly, he's been having some weight management issues.  

3 hours ago, treep2000 said:

I kinda hope not.  If you're referencing Jordan Decatur that is.  I don't think it would be good for him, plus, if I recall correctly, he's been having some weight management issues.  

the word is he can’t get down and stay at 133.

Edited by BobbyGribbs
But then again he is showing as potential 133 on the just released program info

Jordan Decatur is listed as an entrant to the F&M Open on 1/4... don’t know what weight (133 or 141) as they haven’t released that info yet.

The last time he wrestled was at the Cleveland State Open at 141, lost to Evan Cheek in the Semis, won 3rd on MFF

edit: if BobbyGribbs and the Ohio State probable lineup is correct, I would expect Jordan Decatur at 133 for the F&M Open

Edited by Fighting_Blue_Jay

On 1/2/2020 at 11:11 AM, Bronco said:

Each of these two teams has a # 1 ranked wrestler.  # 1 ranked Zahid Valencia at 184 lbs for Arizona State and # 1 ranked Kollin Moore at 197 lbs for Ohio State.

Pletcher is #1 as well.

52 minutes ago, JerryCallo said:

Looks like FloWrestling is reporting that Singletary is out for the year.  Wonder if this makes ASU the favorite over Ohio State on Monday?

ASU is the favorite anyway and based on rankings, Singletary over Hall would have been an upset. 

since it became clear that Quinn Kinner wasn't handling the cut as well as he had originally anticipated (in an interesting twist, Ryan said Kinner is actually working on going up to 157)

SAY WHAT?!! 

Ohio State is a freaking mess this year. 

47 minutes ago, OBXWrestler said:

since it became clear that Quinn Kinner wasn't handling the cut as well as he had originally anticipated (in an interesting twist, Ryan said Kinner is actually working on going up to 157)

SAY WHAT?!! 

Ohio State is a freaking mess this year. 

This is insane 

14 hours ago, JerryCallo said:

Looks like FloWrestling is reporting that Singletary is out for the year.  Wonder if this makes ASU the favorite over Ohio State on Monday?

What part of the very first sentence in this thread did you not understand?

" WrestleStat dual comparison projects Arizona State wins this dual 22-13"

WrestleStat is one of the best things to happen to D1 wrestling for the fans. Their algorithm actually does a really good job at predictions for Duals and head to head comparisons.

but back to the point of this thread...

Jordan Decatur entered at F&M open and looks to have made aweigh the (being that he’s actually in the bracket). Per the article, they are trying to get him up to the 15 match threshold for seeding purposes, so assuming (you know what they say) he wins the open, he’ll have a tough test in making weight in 2 days against a senior in Josh Kramer who is having a very good season and took RBY to the brink

if Decatur lives up to the hype coming into the season, it’s definitively another wrinkle in the 133 landscape

22 minutes ago, Fighting_Blue_Jay said:

WrestleStat is one of the best things to happen to D1 wrestling for the fans. Their algorithm actually does a really good job at predictions for Duals and head to head comparisons.

but back to the point of this thread...

Jordan Decatur entered at F&M open and looks to have made aweigh the (being that he’s actually in the bracket). Per the article, they are trying to get him up to the 15 match threshold for seeding purposes, so assuming (you know what they say) he wins the open, he’ll have a tough test in making weight in 2 days against a senior in Josh Kramer who is having a very good season and took RBY to the brink

if Decatur lives up to the hype coming into the season, it’s definitively another wrinkle in the 133 landscape

They've 10 duals remaining and looks like he will get 4 matches today if he makes the finals.Look for him at Kent St last chance in Feb to get his remaining match or matches

Ohio state seems like a chaotic mess this year. If kinner is going to 157 does that imply that keyshawn hayes career is pretty much over at this point?
He could most likely get a 6th yr waiver if he's interested.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, calot said:

They've 10 duals remaining and looks like he will get 4 matches today if he makes the finals.Look for him at Kent St last chance in Feb to get his remaining match or matches

How many matches does he get credit for?  Two or four?

• Champ. Round 1 - Jordan Decatur (Ohio State) received a bye () (Bye)
  • Champ. Round 2 - Jordan Decatur (Ohio State) won by tech fall over Austin Almaguer (Campbell University) (TF 16-0)
  • Quarterfinal - Jordan Decatur (Ohio State) won by medical forfeit over Ty Agaisse (Princeton University) (MFF)
  • Semifinal - Jordan Decatur (Ohio State) won by medical forfeit over Darby Diedrich (Brown University) (MFF)
  • 1st Place Match - Jordan Decatur (Ohio State) won by major decision over Sam Book (University of Virginia) (Maj 14-5)
Edited by klehner

1 minute ago, klehner said:

How many matches does he get credit for?  Two or five?

• Champ. Round 1 - Jordan Decatur (Ohio State) received a bye () (Bye)
  • Champ. Round 2 - Jordan Decatur (Ohio State) won by tech fall over Austin Almaguer (Campbell University) (TF 16-0)
  • Quarterfinal - Jordan Decatur (Ohio State) won by medical forfeit over Ty Agaisse (Princeton University) (MFF)
  • Semifinal - Jordan Decatur (Ohio State) won by medical forfeit over Darby Diedrich (Brown University) (MFF)
  • 1st Place Match - Jordan Decatur (Ohio State) won by major decision over Sam Book (University of Virginia) (Maj 14-5)

I imagine only two... Which sucks for JD, since the entire purpose was to get match volume.