Bronco

Arizona State at Ohio State - Next Monday on Fox Sports1

1 hour ago, goheels1812 said:

All due respect to Zahid who is an absolute monster at 184, but Kolin Moore would hammer him. I’m thinking a comfortable major for Moore. I don’t even think it’d be entertaining for the fans. Just my opinion though. 

A major? Come on now, let's not get crazy.  

Just now, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

A major? Come on now, let's not get crazy.  

How about more like a comfortable 6-10 point win that’s never in doubt? I’m not all in on the major prediction or anything. But to me I think it would be similar to when Rivera bumped for Micic. Off the top of my head Micic won something like 10-4 or 11-4 or something like that. 

3 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

How about more like a comfortable 6-10 point win that’s never in doubt? I’m not all in on the major prediction or anything. But to me I think it would be similar to when Rivera bumped for Micic. Off the top of my head Micic won something like 10-4 or 11-4 or something like that. 

Fair enough.  I'd give Kollin the edge because of the size but I think it's a 1 score match, maybe 2.  Regardless both guys are excellent and already near the top of the senior ladder at this point in their respective weights. 

I just think we know Kollin and Myles have constant battles in the room and go back and forth.  We just saw Zahid beat Myles last month.  Plus I think Zahid's style in particular can negate some of the size advantage.  

Anyway... in terms of the actual dual, this could be extremely tight.  

Clear Favorites (ASU 2, tOSU 2)
Valencia
Pletcher
Moore
Hall

Moderate Favorites (ASU 2, tOSU 1)
Courtney
Sasso
Shields

Toss-up (3)

Ohio State needs to either win all the toss-ups or pull an upset to win. If Norfleet doesn't go that also helps their cause as Moore's bonus then likely cancels out whatever Zahid decides he's going to do to Hoffman. 

Wrestlestate has this 23-10 now with Singletary out... I think it's much closer than that.  Something like 17-16.  

1 hour ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Anyway... in terms of the actual dual, this could be extremely tight.  

Clear Favorites (ASU 2, tOSU 2)
Valencia
Pletcher
Moore
Hall

Moderate Favorites (ASU 2, tOSU 1)
Courtney
Sasso
Shields

Toss-up (3)

Ohio State needs to either win all the toss-ups or pull an upset to win. If Norfleet doesn't go that also helps their cause as Moore's bonus then likely cancels out whatever Zahid decides he's going to do to Hoffman. 

Wrestlestate has this 23-10 now with Singletary out... I think it's much closer than that.  Something like 17-16.  

The Buckeyes are going to lose this dual.  And I'm sad..

5 hours ago, treep2000 said:

The Buckeyes are going to lose this dual.  And I'm sad..

Same here but It'll be okay.  Covelli is already tarnished and I'm afraid we have a few years before we challenge for, "anything."   

Happy to be wrong on this.  Great job Bucks!

Edited by Mphillips
Wrong.

10 hours ago, Perry said:

Because it would be fun for the fans! I agree though, with the dual being in legit contention I do not see this happening. If it was going to be a blowout either way though I would support it

Yup, plus the whole DDM thing...

Jordan Decatur, fun to watch though the cut may have caught up with him late in the match as many expected. He looks ginormous for a 133.

Decatur dec. Kramer 5-3, ASU 3 - tOSU 3

Edited by pamela

I thought A.V. might very well lose to Romero.  Saw that coming just by looking at their results against common opponents.  Particularly vs. Skatzka last month - Valencia lost 10-1 and Romero lost 1-0 vs. Skatzka.

Yet the WrestleStat projection for that 174 lb match was A. Valencia beating Romero by an 11-3 Major Decision  Whatever that algorithm is that they are using at WrestleState it is SERIOUSLY flawed.

Edited by Bronco