TBar1977

Scuffle Day 2 Thread

On 1/3/2020 at 5:17 PM, Housebuye said:

He mffd, but is fine I’m assuming. Half the damn tournament did that after a loss. It’s super annoying. 

Considering how poorly Joe wrestled I'd have made him wrestle the rest of the matches if I was John Smith.  Joe clearly needs all the practice he can get. 

I can't see Joe AAing at 174.

2 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Considering how poorly Joe wrestled I'd have made him wrestle the rest of the matches if I was John Smith.  Joe clearly needs all the practice he can get. 

I can't see Joe AAing at 174.

Report was injured that last match, you'd have him wrestle injured in a meaningless tourney.  That said, I also don't see him AAing even if healthy, wasn't that impressed with first two matches.

4 minutes ago, ionel said:

Report was injured that last match, you'd have him wrestle injured in a meaningless tourney.  That said, I also don't see him AAing even if healthy, wasn't that impressed with first two matches.

Of course if I had an injured wrestler I'd pull him from a tournament. That said he was Injured, but he finished the match anyway? Not buying it. I bet after he lost he just decided to hang it up for the day. Seems that's the "way" for guys who think they are hot **** these days and who lose before the finals. Don't want to risk an injury in meaningless conso matches.

Is it too late for Joe to go 165? He's clearly way subpar for 174, losing to a guy that's never even sniffed the podium, and badly at that (7-2). I'm not so sure he'd do all that great at 165 either.  OSU has some terrible holes in their lineup, and Joe sure isn't helping the cause.

33 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Of course if I had an injured wrestler I'd pull him from a tournament. That said he was Injured, but he finished the match anyway? Not buying it. I bet after he lost he just decided to hang it up for the day. Seems that's the "way" for guys who think they are hot **** these days and who lose before the finals. Don't want to risk an injury in meaningless conso matches.

Is it too late for Joe to go 165? He's clearly way subpar for 174, losing to a guy that's never even sniffed the podium, and badly at that (7-2). I'm not so sure he'd do all that great at 165 either.  OSU has some terrible holes in their lineup, and Joe sure isn't helping the cause.

LOL - too late to get to 165? He can barely get to 174. 

1 hour ago, TobusRex said:

I don’t know if Joe is even interested in cutting down to 165. Based on his demeanor on the mat and then reading some okie state boards he seems to have a pretty I don’t care, nonchalant attitude. 

4 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Yup. He's definitely come down with HEW

Good to know. Thanks for the info. 

I still don’t know if I’d consider him a threat for anything other than maybe a low AA at 165. I feel like so much of it is really up to Joe. The talent is there. Just not sure about the drive. If he decides he wants it maybe he can bring some fireworks at 165.

14 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

I don’t know if Joe is even interested in cutting down to 165. Based on his demeanor on the mat and then reading some okie state boards he seems to have a pretty I don’t care, nonchalant attitude. 

He can't go to 165, pretty certain didn't cert for it and should've never gone 165 last year.

Just now, ionel said:

He can't go to 165, pretty certain didn't cert for it and should've never gone 165 last year.

Completely agree. I’ve said this in many many threads. But chandler Rogers was done wrong by that staff. Wrestle off be damned that was a horrible way for his career to end. And hindsight is 20/20 but I really thing with an appropriate seed he would’ve had a better chance to AA than Joe with a 33 seed. 

4 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Of course if I had an injured wrestler I'd pull him from a tournament. That said he was Injured, but he finished the match anyway? Not buying it. 

Im assuming you think this guy was faking as well since he defaulted after the match. 

Cassar last wrestled at the U.S. Senior Nationals in an attempt to qualify for the Olympic Team Trials and injury defaulted after losing to Dom Bradley by 7-2 decision in the quarterfinals.

I have no inside info but certainly see the injury/dinged up as a possibility.

On 1/7/2020 at 6:41 PM, goheels1812 said:

Completely agree. I’ve said this in many many threads. But chandler Rogers was done wrong by that staff. Wrestle off be damned that was a horrible way for his career to end. And hindsight is 20/20 but I really thing with an appropriate seed he would’ve had a better chance to AA than Joe with a 33 seed. 

I'm a fan of wrestleoffs. But the fact is that Joe used the wrestleoff as a way to bail himself out at the last minute to make the starting lineup before NCAAs. Not good, a bad look for OSU wrestling, and a pretty bad way to treat Chandler Rogers. To his credit I've never heard Rogers complain, but he has every reason to. I think the chance that Rogers would've made the podium was pretty good.

23 hours ago, ionel said:

Im assuming you think this guy was faking as well since he defaulted after the match. 

Cassar last wrestled at the U.S. Senior Nationals in an attempt to qualify for the Olympic Team Trials and injury defaulted after losing to Dom Bradley by 7-2 decision in the quarterfinals.

I have no inside info but certainly see the injury/dinged up as a possibility.

It's a possibility, sure. But we're talking about Joe Smith, one of the least motivated wrestlers on the planet.  I think he may find his calling in competitive eating.