Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

Cassar - done for year

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Jeff Byers (the PSU play by play announcer) said in his podcast that Cassar is done for the year.  Not official but as close to official as we will get at this point.  Nevills will start in his place.

Like not breathing done or just not wrestling done?  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Jeff Byers (the PSU play by play announcer) said in his podcast that Cassar is done for the year.  Not official but as close to official as we will get at this point.  Nevills will start in his place.

Don't worry PSU fans, he will qualify for a 7th year. He will be competing against kids that were in elementary school when he graduated high school. That's what he loves about these college wrestlers. He gets older, they stay the same age. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hammerlockthree said:

What do you think the Cael Nevills conversation was like....

Cael: Hey Bob.

NIck: Its Nick coach.

Cael: Oh yeah sorry...so are you busy the next 3 months? 

You mean Seth...

Cael: Seth, right.  I knew that.  Anyway, remember when I promised you were in our future plans and convinced you the best course of action for you would be to take a grey shirt, then red shirt, then hit the mats running in 2020/21?  

Seth: Yes...

Cael: And then went to Hungary to convince a younger better replacement to transfer to Penn State and take your spot?

Seth: Yes...

Cael: Well forget all of that.  You're ready to go right now, it's time for you to win a title. See you at Rec Hall on Friday.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Well... we'll know it's true if Nevills suits up in blue and white on Friday.  

No, all we'll know is that Cassar isn't wrestling in the match on Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Jeff Byers (the PSU play by play announcer) said in his podcast that Cassar is done for the year.  Not official but as close to official as we will get at this point.  Nevills will start in his place.

No he didn’t he said he had no contact with the team for weeks and had no inside information but based on what he saw he thinks Cassar is out for the year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

No he didn’t he said he had no contact with the team for weeks and had no inside information but based on what he saw he thinks Cassar is out for the year

Correct.  Byers said that "early indications" were bad; he offered no sourcing and little elaboration other than emphasizing that it was the same shoulder as prior serious injuries; and said he hadn't talked to anyone in a couple of weeks.  

I suppose that the original post isn't technically wrong in its assertion that this is "as close to official as we will get at this point," but that's not really saying anything, since one never gets any relevant information about injuries from official sources authorized to speak for that program.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BHawk91 said:

I'm not buying this injury.  I think Carl is just saving him until the end of the year to give PSU a shot at another title.  Its the biggest duck job in the history of the NCAA or maybe even the universe.

Why would he need to fake an injury to save him for the end of the year?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, BHawk91 said:

I'm not buying this injury.  I think Carl is just saving him until the end of the year to give PSU a shot at another title.  Its the biggest duck job in the history of the NCAA or maybe even the universe.

Pfft, not likely. PSU wrestlers wrestle few enough matches as it is. Joseph is 4-0 this year, and we're already well into the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Pfft, not likely. PSU wrestlers wrestle few enough matches as it is. Joseph is 4-0 this year, and we're already well into the season.

I know it's not college, but he did wrestle 4 really tough matches at the Bill Farrell. That takes a toll on the body.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2020 at 11:30 AM, ptz305 said:

Don't worry PSU fans, he will qualify for a 7th year. He will be competing against kids that were in elementary school when he graduated high school. That's what he loves about these college wrestlers. He gets older, they stay the same age. 

He does have another year. Article in local paper says it is unlikely he will use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...