Sign in to follow this  
PA-Fan

Delgado's shots.

I really think so. He gets so godblessed deep with them too. It's crazy.

I thought the same thing when he was getting in deep on McD @ the BIG10s, makes it look effortless. I think if Mega can't keep him tied up, Delgado wins by at least 3-5

Delgado should not have been the 1 seed. He probably is the best guy at the weight though. If mega keeps it close he has a chance. If Delgado gets his shots off like he did at big 10's and more then, yes, mega would be in trouble. Something tells me mega will have a plan to slow Delgado down. For the psu fans in the other thread and this one we'll be counting megas shots against Delgado tomorrow seeing as how he's an offensive juggernaut and all.

Defensive plan for Megaludis is simple really, although probably difficult to execute. Stay very low (hand always on the mat or drop to a knee), collar tie and push him around. Not sure what he should do on offense though because I haven't seen much against the top guys.

I always thought putting Waters as #1 was suspect. I understand the reasoning, but it was a bit like Gonzaga getting #1 ranking in basketball. It's easier to avoid losses at certain weights if you're in an easier conference... in this case not in the B10, at least at certain weights -- e.g. 125, 133, 157, 174#.

Waters lost by a hair in double OT. That makes him a bad choice as #1 seed?

Based on this season, anything but the 1 seed would've been a joke. Clearly, he didn't wrestle a Big 10 schedule, but it's tough to call him out on a double OT loss to the highest-placing returner from last year still in the tourney. Waters is a legit 1 seed and right there with any of the other 125 top dogs.

I always thought putting Waters as #1 was suspect. I understand the reasoning, but it was a bit like Gonzaga getting #1 ranking in basketball. It's easier to avoid losses at certain weights if you're in an easier conference... in this case not in the B10, at least at certain weights -- e.g. 125, 133, 157, 174#.

It's funny cause back when seeding was up for discussion I said the same thing. Then I left the discussion when others were basically calling names and throwing out the "undefeated" card. Then Garnett was supposed to be 3d or fourth seed as well......

Look who's in the finals. B1G.

125 was too tough in the B1G to not take some lumps. Delgado and Megaludis are 1-1 this season and it'll be a fun match tomorrow.

Yeah, Waters lost a close fought battle, but I think that's the point. He would have had a few more battles like that in a tougher schedule.

Mega doesn't stand a chance. Delgado should have been the #1 seed all along and Mega wouldn't have ever made the finals.

He got a pretty lucky draw.

Whatever hater. Waters was undefeated and beat MM this year. Delgado was pinned by Megaludis in a dual, before beating him at Big Tens by decision. Waters earned the number 1 draw. Funny how Mega is 2-1 this season against Delgado yet you say "Mega doesn't stand a chance". Not to mention Delgado almost lost his quarter final match. This will be a close match and may the best man win.