Jimmy Cinnabon

Northwestern has a good shot at beating Penn State this weekend

Unless Cassar miraculously is healthy I see Penn State losing to NW this weekend.  When was the last time that happened?

My predictions:

125: DeAugustino DEC Meredith 3-0 NW

133: Seabass DEC RBY 6-0 NW

141: Lee DEC McKenna 6-3 NW

149: Thomas DEC Verkleeren 9-3 NW

157: Deakin MAJ Bergy 13-3 NW

165: Joseph MAJ Oster 13-7 NW

174: Hall MAJ Morland 13-11 NW

184: Brooks DEC Jessen 14-13 PSU

197: Davison DEC Conel 16-14 NW

HWT: Heyob MAJ Hoopes 20-14 NW

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Unless Cassar miraculously is healthy I see Penn State losing to NW this weekend.  When was the last time that happened?

My predictions:

125: DeAugustino DEC Meredith 3-0 NW

133: Seabass DEC RBY 6-0 NW

141: Lee DEC McKenna 6-3 NW

149: Thomas DEC Verkleeren 9-3 NW

157: Deakin MAJ Bergy 13-3 NW

165: Joseph MAJ Oster 13-7 NW

174: Hall MAJ Morland 13-11 NW

184: Brooks DEC Jessen 14-13 PSU

197: Davison DEC Conel 16-14 NW

HWT: Heyob MAJ Hoopes 20-14 NW

Hwt Seth Nevills

Could happen. We have already seen that winning duals isn't the top priority at PSU whereas for their opponents it is the pelt they want on their walls. With Cassar and Conel out for the season do they forfeit those weights ala the ASU dual?

Unlikely, given it is a home match and they can always find a rostered athlete who has busted his butt to give an opportunity to.

Also, is Rasheed ready to go yet? Perhaps that powder remains dry until Big 10s. It seems likely that Nevills will go at 285, which can shift the balance.

Finally, Lee by decision, Joseph by major and Hall by major would definitely be worst case scenario. I would think 3 pins would be more, but not most, likely. At least 2 techs and a major seems most likely.

21 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Could happen. We have already seen that winning duals isn't the top priority at PSU whereas for their opponents it is the pelt they want on their walls. With Cassar and Conel out for the season do they forfeit those weights ala the ASU dual?

Unlikely, given it is a home match and they can always find a rostered athlete who has busted his butt to give an opportunity to.

Also, is Rasheed ready to go yet? Perhaps that powder remains dry until Big 10s. It seems likely that Nevills will go at 285, which can shift the balance.

Finally, Lee by decision, Joseph by major and Hall by major would definitely be worst case scenario. I would think 3 pins would be more, but not most, likely. At least 2 techs and a major seems most likely.

Says Rasheed is cleared and in the lineup moving forward.

Edited by jchapman

Before you answer that, I did some ciphering. Per Wrestlestat Hall, Joseph, and Lee have a combined two matches in their aggregate careers against wrestlers ranked as low as the NU wrestlers they will face this weekend where they were held to a decision.

Lee (#1) faces McKenna (#143) (fyi, its Alec not Joey). Lee has faced 13 wrestlers ranked between 72 and 139 and has averaged 5.06 points against them.

Joseph (#1) faces Oster (#39). Jospeh has faced 17 wrestlers ranked between 20 and 37 and has averaged 3.94 points against them.

Hall (#1) faces Morland (#41). Hall has faced 22 wrestlers ranked between 20 and 40 and has averaged 4.82 points against them.

So, if you were to set an over / under based on those histories and combinations you would set it around 14 rather than the 9 you pre-suppose.

So my question is are your predicting only 9 points for them OR hoping for only 9 points from them?