Sign in to follow this  
Fletcher

tOSU - where's Hayes and Singletary?

2 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

Noticed Ke-Shawn Hayes and Singleton were not in the line-up against ASU. Are they injured? Lost challenge matches? Other?

Singletary is out for the year.Hayes might be out for year as well and looking for a medical

Anyone think Hayes would just hang em up, seems like he’s had 4 -5 years of bad luck and injuries.

if anyone is an example of having been better off going somewhere else its Hayes, if he could have wrestled the weight class best suited for him he d probably be an AA already.

Ke-Shawn came all the way back from injury and then reinjured his shoulder at the MSU open at the beginning of the year.  

Singletary got hurt in his first match at CKLV (that he won) and hasn't been back since.  Ryan said last week that it's more serious than they initially thought and he likely wouldn't be back training for another 4 to 6 weeks.  With that in mind they'll likely go the medical redshirt route with him and not rush him back.  

Hayes seems to be out of favor with Ryan or just too injured to go. In Ryan's latest interview he didn't even mention him as an option at 157 and instead said Kinner is trying to get to 157.

During the ASU dual one of the announcers mentioned that Hayes is gearing up for a run at the Olympic team. Dunno if there was anything to that tidbit or if it was uninformed idle chatter. Probably the latter.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

In all fairness a medical then a run at 141 next season would make sense.

Allows time to adjust and drop the weight off healthily.

I think we're back to there being no spot for him again.  Decatur will almost certainly move up to 141 next year and I don't see Hayes beating him out.

1 hour ago, pamela said:

During the ASU dual one of the announcers mentioned that Hayes is gearing up for a run at the Olympic team. Dunno if there was anything to that tidbit or if it was uninformed idle chatter. Probably the latter.

Hard to believe he can make an Olympic team when he can't crack the starting lineup.  I know freestyle and folk are different, but still....

2 hours ago, DocBZ said:

Hayes seems to be out of favor with Ryan or just too injured to go. In Ryan's latest interview he didn't even mention him as an option at 157 and instead said Kinner is trying to get to 157.

Because Hayes is injured 

41 minutes ago, Gantry said:

I think we're back to there being no spot for him again.  Decatur will almost certainly move up to 141 next year and I don't see Hayes beating him out.

I think Hayes would smash Decatur. Terrible style matchup for Decatur. 

On 12/10/2019 at 7:01 PM, BobbyGribbs said:

I rarely feel bad for wrestlers but Hayes is one of those that I do feel bad for.

his redshirt freshman year he got injured for the year I think in November, his TS sophomore year lost to McKenna and had to bump up to 149, his RS junior year he lost to Micah Jordan in the wrestleoff and had to bump up to 157 which he was too small for, and this year he had pletcher at 141 and Sasso at 149 which he can’t beat either.... I think he’ll get a medical RS even if he wrestles this year whenever healthy since he got injured so early his RS freshman year..... of Sasso bumps up to 157 next year Hayes can slot into 149.