Sign in to follow this  
Dartsingle

Sick & Tired of the STALL ride

I think for the sake of wrestling, referres need to start calling stalling more often when guys are just dropping down to a leg and holding on. Ride-outs are essentially 30 seconds of who can hang on.

Obviously not something that refs should start to call at NCAA's; instead in the beginning of the season so that the precedent is set.

Tons and tons and tons of stalling today all over the place. My father, who hasn't seen many matches as he's gotten older, watched some of the tourney with me today. 15 minutes in, he asks, "oh, they don't call stalling anymore?".

Terrible.

Tons and tons and tons of stalling today all over the place. My father, who hasn't seen many matches as he's gotten older, watched some of the tourney with me today. 15 minutes in, he asks, "oh, they don't call stalling anymore?".

Terrible.

Every year they are going to start calling it more often.........

I hate more rules, but if referees are not going to call it and to keep them from getting involved a riding time point should only be earned if the top man receives "one swipe" for backpoints. The top man does not need to get backpoints, but one swipe by the referee at least shows that the top guy is trying to turn while on top.

I hate more rules, but if referees are not going to call it and to keep them from getting involved a riding time point should only be earned if the top man receives "one swipe" for backpoints. The top man does not need to get backpoints, but one swipe by the referee at least shows that the top guy is trying to turn while on top.

I would also like to see a change, where you cant force a stalling call by pushing to the edge, and cutting off the mat, to keeping your oponant from wrestling to the center .I don't know how you could judge intent, but in my mind, that pushing, without legitimate offensive scoring attempts, is not to be awarded either.