BigTenFanboy

Teske transfering

I mean... a walk-on came in and outperformed him, thus taking the spot he thought was his.

If you want to be technical, then two walk-ons have done that to him.

Let him get close to home. Happy and safe. If he doesn't want to win Natty Champs then he shouldn't be there.

1 hour ago, Mokoma said:

I'd say he's the best at that, and it likely is not close.  

I would think Koll's track record gives him one hell of an argument.  Tim Flynn is another one for what he did at Edinboro with very limited resources.  Hell, even at WVU he has done a bunch to turn them around.

Sanderson is the best HC in all of college wrestling.  That is irrefutable.  I just don't get why the PSU sychophants can't let anyone else be better, or even as good, at certain aspects.

Nick Saban has been the best HC in college football for quite some time.  But, that doesn't mean he is the best there is at developing talent.

Mike Krzyzewsi has been the best HC in college basketball for quite some time.  But, that doesn't mean he is the best there is at developing talent......

1 minute ago, MSU158 said:

I would think Koll's track record gives him one hell of an argument.  Tim Flynn is another one for what he did at Edinboro with very limited resources.  Hell, even at WVU he has done a bunch to turn them around.

Sanderson is the best HC in all of college wrestling.  That is irrefutable.  I just don't get why the PSU sychophants can't let anyone else be better, or even as good, at certain aspects.

Nick Saban has been the best HC in college football for quite some time.  But, that doesn't mean he is the best there is at developing talent.

Mike Krzyzewsi has been the best HC in college basketball for quite some time.  But, that doesn't mean he is the best there is at developing talent......

I consider Cael the best developer because he takes the most elite guys and makes them elite, elite guys.  He doesn't get the top recruiting class hardly ever (has he even once?  Nickal, Nolf, Nevills maybe??), yet he consistently churns out 4X finalists, 3X champs and guys that can bonus anyone else in college.  I'm looking at Taylor, Ruth, Retherford, Nolf, Nickal, Hall, Joseph, all just in the last 6-7 years.  We will see how the new group with Brooks, Beard, Starocci does, but I'm fairly confident they will be successful. 

10 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

I consider Cael the best developer because he takes the most elite guys and makes them elite, elite guys.  He doesn't get the top recruiting class hardly ever (has he even once?  Nickal, Nolf, Nevills maybe??), yet he consistently churns out 4X finalists, 3X champs and guys that can bonus anyone else in college.  I'm looking at Taylor, Ruth, Retherford, Nolf, Nickal, Hall, Joseph, all just in the last 6-7 years.  We will see how the new group with Brooks, Beard, Starocci does, but I'm fairly confident they will be successful. 

Is it your goal to be insufferable?  Penn State... the plucky underdogs. Right.  

Just now, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Is it your goal to be insufferable?  Penn State... the plucky underdogs. Right.  

How does my post suggest they are underdogs?

They get good recruits, as do several other programs.  They just currently take more of the top guys and make them really, really good.

4 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

How does my post suggest they are underdogs?

They get good recruits, as do several other programs.  They just currently take more of the top guys and make them really, really good.

"Cael hardly gets the top recruiting class (has he ever!?!?!)"

He gets the number 1 recruiting class every 4 years when he needs it to build his title winning core.  If he wasn't limited to 9.9 he'd get the #1 class just about every year.