Sign in to follow this  
Perry

Deakin

Just now, Konquest said:

Everyone is giving Pletcher (deserved) credit for going from solid AA to dominant #1, and that's great, but Deakin is just smashing all the top guys with ease this season.  He might be top 5 p4p this season. 

https://wrestlingbypirate.wordpress.com/2020/01/06/january-6th-2020-wrestlingbypirate-dual-impact-index/

1 hour ago, Konquest said:

Everyone is giving Pletcher (deserved) credit for going from solid AA to dominant #1, and that's great, but Deakin is just smashing all the top guys with ease this season.  He might be top 5 p4p this season. 

I think Deakin was dealing with an injury last year.

I will never in all my life understand how Ryan Deakin only weighs 157 pounds. When he steps on the mat this year it looks like a 174 doing whatever he pleases on a smaller practice partner. 

But with that being said he’s been nothing short of amazing this year. I’ve always been a pretty big believer in Hidlay, but I can’t see him closing the gap on Deakin. At this point if I had to choose Deakin or the field in the NCAA tourney, give me Deakin. 

Edited by goheels1812

4 hours ago, SetonHallPirate said:

Your site looks like a never ending ad.  I can't distinguish the real content from typical advertisement drivel.  While I respect what you are trying to do, put some effort into a link you provide.  I work in IT and web development if you need a wordpress site tossed up that can be comprehended.  Seriously - when people open the link, we don't know what to look at.  

2 hours ago, Iscored2onu said:

Your site looks like a never ending ad.  I can't distinguish the real content from typical advertisement drivel.  While I respect what you are trying to do, put some effort into a link you provide.  I work in IT and web development if you need a wordpress site tossed up that can be comprehended.  Seriously - when people open the link, we don't know what to look at.  

Or you could put effort into looking at the content on the site, nutsac.

If it is simple enough I can do it from a fone... then you need to stop, or at the very least slow down, and actually try.

Ffs. Figure it out. Dead simple.

7 hours ago, pennsyrules said:

And to think how Nolf smashed him when they wrestled last year.

Eh, Nolf smashed pretty much everyone.  I think the more unbelievable thing when looking at what he's done this year is he got beat not once but twice by Kaleb Young.

Edited by 1032004

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

Eh, Nolf smashed pretty much everyone.  I think the more unbelievable thing when looking at what he's done this year is he got beat not once but twice by Kaleb Young.

I can second this idea. Young is a nice wrestler, but Deakin is a much better wrestler. I was surprised at both of those losses. 

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

I can second this idea. Young is a nice wrestler, but Deakin is a much better wrestler. I was surprised at both of those losses. 

That's what I'm saying.  I can only estimate that Deakin had some kind of chronic injury or weight issue last season because this year he is just head and shoulders above everyone he's wrestled.  The Hidlay and Carr matches weren't really close, especially the match with Carr.  I feel more confident about him winning NCAA this season than anyone at 133, 141, 149, 165.

I’ll update my document, but this is further proof that junior world medals are an excellent predictor of ncaa success. 

Deakin making the junior team was a fairly big upset. He beat Yianni im the semis of trials. Then he won a world silver. Then he jumped levels twice. 

I still think Carr and Hidlay are in the conversation, but man I’m impressed with Deakin this year. 

1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

I’ll update my document, but this is further proof that junior world medals are an excellent predictor of ncaa success. 

At this point does Deakin have NCAA success compared to his pedigree/ranking?  I would say both his tourneys have been disappointments so far, always seems to be better in early January than in March.  Maybe that changes this year but for now I don't think you can say Deakin proves this theory.