Jimmy Cinnabon

Iowa pouring concrete over the coffin

8 hours ago, AZ_wrestling said:

Iowa has been given a gift with all the injuries on Penn St. They should take capitalize. There’s a good chance they won’t win for another 5+ years. 

They're team is pretty strong again next year.  After that, they will struggle.

On 1/11/2020 at 11:20 AM, TBar1977 said:

Let's face it, Iowa needs to win this year. PSU wants to win this year, but injuries look to be playing a large role in preventing that.  But............but, this can only go bad for Iowa. They are now a prohibitive odds on favorite to win. Barring a rash of Hawkeye injuries, anything less than a team championship will be looked at as an epic failure. 

Nice try.

16 hours ago, AZ_wrestling said:

Iowa has been given a gift with all the injuries on Penn St. They should take capitalize. There’s a good chance they won’t win for another 5+ years. 

No matter what happens this year, Iowa will be huge favorites next year if they stay healthy. 

I wrestle high school team that broke a lot of records. What happened was had some true blue chippers. The room grew as year went on as the whole roomed trained like them. Success breaded success. Group really got good. Team developed few D1 AA, Olympic alternate , few D111 national champs ect.

Iowa got it's mojo going and I am not in the know. But from outsider looking in. looks like there all being lifted to new levels.

" momentum"  no one beating Iowa this year. Guys like Lugo, DeSanto,Murnin all rising new level.

We new Lee,Marinelli,Kemmer be there. But the others will win it for them.

I was rooting against Iowa. Now rooting for them. Good for sport more exciting. Also I think I misunderstood the Brands, care about the kids. Maturity.

Frank C

Edited by cangemi

On 1/12/2020 at 9:54 AM, Boompa said:

They're team is pretty strong again next year.  After that, they will struggle.

Struggle as in what? A top four finish? Iowa doesn't finish off the podium very often.