headshuck

Steveson vs Parris in 8 days

We won't see a duck.

Parris, unless he is injured, will go every match.

Even then he might go(ahem-broken finger).

This being said Steveson has to know he needs to get a feel for Parris before NCAAs and he knows the more the better.

We'll see this match.

My two cents:

* I think Steveson wins a controlled match.  He's going to win the positional battles, and his athleticism can match Parris.

That said.  Parris is much improved over last season, which was improved from High School.  Parris has the ability to keep this very close/competitive.  There is an outside chance that Parris catches Gable and wins by a TD.  However, that same outside chance exists for Gable catching Parris and pinning him.  

All of the aforementioned scenarios exist, at some varying degrees of probability, but I'm saying Gable in a 6-3 type of match (this time).

Also to note, Parris' trajectory is still going UP.  Even if Parris loses, this may bode well for him come Big Ten's and subsequently NCAA's.  I do think this is the #1 vs. #2 in the country this year.

Looking forward to it!

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

We won't see a duck.

Parris, unless he is injured, will go every match.

Even then he might go(ahem-broken finger).

This being said Steveson has to know he needs to get a feel for Parris before NCAAs and he knows the more the better.

We'll see this match.

I think people are forgetting Gable is wrestling in Rome. Not sure exactly what the schedule is, but the event is 15-18. Good chance he isn’t back in the US wanting to wrestle on the 19th. 

I won’t be shocked if Parris wins and I definitely expect Parris to beat Stevenson at least once during his college career.

His progression over the last few years is pretty damn impressive and I expect Parris will have a decent size advantage over Stevenson in a year or two.

7 minutes ago, wamba said:

I won’t be shocked if Parris wins and I definitely expect Parris to beat Stevenson at least once during his college career.

His progression over the last few years is pretty damn impressive and I expect Parris will have a decent size advantage over Stevenson in a year or two.

Parris will beat Stevenson every time they wrestle, I'll bet the farm on it & I do actually have one.  

41 minutes ago, AZ_wrestling said:

I think people are forgetting Gable is wrestling in Rome. Not sure exactly what the schedule is, but the event is 15-18. Good chance he isn’t back in the US wanting to wrestle on the 19th. 

He isn't going to Rome,  as of last night anyway.

1 hour ago, AZ_wrestling said:

Not confirmed but rumors are saying Steveson is not going to Rome.

Him wrestling this weekend sort of would confirm that. He isn't allowing much time for acclimation if he leaves tomorrow night.

22 minutes ago, ionel said:

Parris will beat Stevenson every time they wrestle, I'll bet the farm on it & I do actually have one.  

Need you to calm down.

I want him to win, too, but the way Steveson dominated Hillger last night? Not so sure.

46 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

He isn't going to Rome,  as of last night anyway.

24 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Not confirmed but rumors are saying Steveson is not going to Rome.

Him wrestling this weekend sort of would confirm that. He isn't allowing much time for acclimation if he leaves tomorrow night.

Darn that’s a bummer. Was looking forward to seeing him against Zare.