headshuck

Steveson vs Parris in 8 days

Steveson is and should be the favorite right now.   

Have these two ever actually met? 

Among the top Div. I heavies, I recall that Cassioppi and Parris met at high school nationals a few years ago, with Cassioppi winning pretty soundly, although both have since made great leaps in size and skill. Is there any point of comparison with Steveson?

42 minutes ago, Sheerstress said:

Steveson is and should be the favorite right now.   

Have these two ever actually met? 

Among the top Div. I heavies, I recall that Cassioppi and Parris met at high school nationals a few years ago, with Cassioppi winning pretty soundly, although both have since made great leaps in size and skill. Is there any point of comparison with Steveson?

Cass wrestled a 220lb guy who had never wrestled freestyle before that tourney when Cass was going on like his 12th triple crown.

Edited by nhs67
Fat fingers...

10 minutes ago, SetonHallPirate said:

Update: Steveson is NOT going to Rome...will be available to wrestle Parris.

Been saying that since last Friday.  Thanks for the confirmation, folks didn't want to believe it.

Here is the way I see it as of right now.

Parris has a small chance right now. That is if he comes out and is able to hit his dump a few times and can somehow stop Steveson from scoring at will after that.

I don't see him out-athleting or out-horsing or out-classing Steveson.

18 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

I predict a stallfest 3-2 type match. That's what nearly always happens in highly anticipated HWT matches. 

Or if Gable wants to send a message that “he won’t be denied” this year then he may try to steam roll Parris and make sure the rest of the top HWTs know they won’t touch him.   Either it works and the title is about a lock.  Or an act of athletic amazement occurs, Parris scoring off the move, crowd goes crazy, Gable battles back to take the lead, and then he just stalls out after leaving some small glimmer their could be hope.  Yeah your versions probably right, but a person can dream.   

Edited by MadMardigain

19 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Is this the first time two junior world champs have matched up in NCAA competition? 

Hall and Zahid were both finalists, as were Spencer and Vito, but I can't recall two champs offhand.  If it's happened it had to be pre 1990's.  

Good stats

we did have Dhesi (junior gold for Canada) vs Snyder (junior gold for US), Parris (but before Parris won junior gold), and Gable (junior gold for US). He wrestled a bunch of other medalists too  Wood (cadet silver), Hemida (U23 Silver), Butler (junior bronze), Coon (senior silver Greco, junior bronze in both styles),  and probably others 

2 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Good stats

we did have Dhesi (junior gold for Canada) vs Snyder (junior gold for US), Parris (but before Parris won junior gold), and Gable (junior gold for US). He wrestled a bunch of other medalists too  Wood (cadet silver), Hemida (U23 Silver), Butler (junior bronze), Coon (senior silver Greco, junior bronze in both styles),  and probably others 

Great call on Dhesi, I wasn't even considering junior medalists from other countries.  How myopic of me. 

Would have loved to see Lewis and Hall match up but that ship has sailed.  Spencer and Daton we should see in freestyle but I don't see Daton going to 125 in folk next year--can you imagine if he did though... drop to 125 to try to challenge Spencer for his 4th...