Sign in to follow this  
HuskerMac

National Duals

Just now, SetonHallPirate said:

Well, there have been no plans to have it for the past three years. 2017 was the last year the event took place.

Yea thats what i was reading but i didnt know if there was any new news on it that i wasnt finding. 

Reason why they cancelled em?

2 hours ago, HuskerMac said:

Care to elaborate? lol sorry this is news to me.. Sad i know but i guess i havent really paid attention

Cael says he does be he doesn’t care about duals. To him they just get in the way of winning the grand prize in March. Suriano getting hurt against Oklahoma State was the nail in the coffin of the “National Duals Coffin.”

23 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

Dual meets, especially those not at home, have been deemed none important by a percentage of the top coaches.  

It’s funny that to actually see how strong a team is overall is to have a dual meet. Tournaments only tell you who has the most individuals that excel.

51 minutes ago, HokieHWT said:

It’s funny that to actually see how strong a team is overall is to have a dual meet. Tournaments only tell you who has the most individuals that excel.

Clearly true, but most AD still basically go off AA totals when deciding if a coaches should get a raise or keep his job. And many recruits only want to know if their coach can get them to nationals.  Winning duals or even putting butts in seats at them still seems to be secondary to the national tournament.  Until something else helps measure the size of a coaches back pocket most will always look past everything in the season but what gets their guts the best path at the tournament.  

Edited by MadMardigain

3 hours ago, MadMardigain said:

Clearly true, but most AD still basically go off AA totals when deciding if a coaches should get a raise or keep his job. And many recruits only want to know if their coach can get them to nationals.  Winning duals or even putting butts in seats at them still seems to be secondary to the national tournament.  Until something else helps measure the size of a coaches back pocket most will always look past everything in the season but what gets their guts the best path at the tournament.  

Curious where/what do you base that off of?  Not what I've observed at Univ level.