VakAttack

Iowa-Purdue results

125: Spencer Lee (Iowa) over Devin Schroder (Purdue) (TF 15-0 2:53)

133: Austin DeSanto (Iowa) over Travis Ford-Melton (Purdue) (TF 16-1 3:24)

141: Max Murin (Iowa) over Parker Filius (Purdue) (Dec 6-1)

149: Pat Lugo (Iowa) over Nate Limmex (Purdue) (MD 8-0)

157: Kaleb Young (Iowa) over Kendall Coleman (Purdue) (Dec 4-3)

165: Alex Marinelli (Iowa) over Tanner Webster (Purdue) (Fall 1:51)

174: Michael Kemerer (Iowa) over Dylan Lydy (Purdue) (Dec 8-4)

184: Abe Assad (Iowa) over Max Lyon (Purdue) (Dec 5-2)

197: Jacob Warner (Iowa) over Christian Brunner (Purdue) (Dec 8-2)

285: Tony Cassioppi (Iowa) over Thomas Penola (Purdue) (Fall 2:00)

Iowa with another shutout win.  What is the season record?  That's three for Iowa.

Edited by VakAttack

4 minutes ago, HoundedHawk said:

Purdue, with highly ranked wrestlers, only manages one offensive score.   It was a TD on Young.  

Spencer just crushed his highly ranked guy.  

Warner dispenses their highest ranked guy.  It has to be discouraging.

I’m sad. 

3 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Are Iowa fans ready to accept you guys are in the drivers seat to win a team national championship this year? This is the year for Brands and co. to step on everyone’s throats in March. Anything less would be a disappointing result imo. 

I have accepted that, but PSU is still a legitimate threat. They could realistically have a finalists at 133, 41, 65, 74, and 97 and also AA at 57, 84, and HWT. Is Iowa favorited right now? Yes, but PSU will have closed the gap by the time Big10s roll around. They will be a much better looking team by then and this will be a tight NCAAs IMO.

13 minutes ago, southend said:

At least Indiana scored several offensive points Friday night. But the strong only get stronger in D1 wrestling.

I think that’s more on Iowa overlooking IU. They definitely weren’t as crisp on Friday as they were Sunday. Kemerer looked night and day different.  

3 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I have accepted that, but PSU is still a legitimate threat. They could realistically have a finalists at 133, 41, 65, 74, and 97 and also AA at 57, 84, and HWT. Is Iowa favorited right now? Yes, but PSU will have closed the gap by the time Big10s roll around. They will be a much better looking team by then and this will be a tight NCAAs IMO.

This is fair. PSU is always a threat. But to me you guys are threatening for 9 all Americans, maybe even 10 depending on what Assad ends up doing (I personally don’t know that he’s a legit AA threat, but Brands pulled the redshirt for a reason and he knows way more than I do). I think you guys should have finalists at 125, 133, 165, and 174. At 197 almost anyone could make the finals opposite the heavy favorite Moore. Warner is right in that conversation. With the way Marinelli looks right now, and how he’s widening the gap on Wick, he needs to make the finals this year or it’s a let down. Making it and losing to Joseph there would be an understandable result. But he can’t roll into NCAAs with a 1 seed and end up in the mid to low AA range again.

Long story short, you guys have the horses this year. The last thing left is performing well in March and finishing on top of the podium. 

3 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Iowa is completely in the driver's seat right now. Hard to figure how they don't win it. 

Iowa is, but its really not that hard to figure out.

Rby makes the finals, and Desanto falls to 4. 

Lee wins it and Murin goes round of 12.

Lugo low AAs

Berge AAs and Young is low AA.

Joseph wins a title and Bull gets 2nd.

Hall wins it and Kem gets 3rd or injuried.

184 Assad wins two matches and Brooks is a high AA

Rasheed Shakur high AA or finalist and Warner is a low AA or round of 12

Cass finishes 3rd and Nevills finished 5.

In this scenerio Penn St would likely have a lead or at least be in striking distance with bonus. I dont see anything that out of line in this scenario.

Im suprised you have such little faith in PSU Tbar. I guess you just think when Caels back is against the wall his teams wont perform. Interesting.

33 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Iowa is, but its really not that hard to figure out.

Rby makes the finals, and Desanto falls to 4. 

Lee wins it and Murin goes round of 12.

Lugo low AAs

Berge AAs and Young is low AA.

Joseph wins a title and Bull gets 2nd.

Hall wins it and Kem gets 3rd or injuried.

184 Assad wins two matches and Brooks is a high AA

Rasheed Shakur high AA or finalist and Warner is a low AA or round of 12

Cass finishes 3rd and Nevills finished 5.

In this scenerio Penn St would likely have a lead or at least be in striking distance with bonus. I dont see anything that out of line in this scenario.

Im suprised you have such little faith in PSU Tbar. I guess you just think when Caels back is against the wall his teams wont perform. Interesting.

Come on Russel, Tbarr gets a ton of crap for being "ALL PSU ALL THE TIME." Here hes acknowleding that PSU is far from the favorite this season, so now he doesnt have faith in PSU? Kinda dismisses the narrative that he can only see things with Blue and White goggles...

10 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Come on Russel, Tbarr gets a ton of crap for being "ALL PSU ALL THE TIME." Here hes acknowleding that PSU is far from the favorite this season, so now he doesnt have faith in PSU? Kinda dismisses the narrative that he can only see things with Blue and White goggles...

No, I have stated it several times on here. He is spinning it that they are an extreme long shot, that way he can claim the greatest win ever if Iowa loses and dismiss Iowa's win if they do win. Its the way he has chosen to deal with the situation. 

Edited by russelscout

11 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

It is a very obvious schtick. Russell noticed it a long time ago. He is playing a game.  Ask him directly who he thinks is going to win. I bet he doesn’t say Iowa and that is with Rasheed just losing, Cassar gone and Berge not wrestling.......

2 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

It is a very obvious schtick. Russell noticed it a long time ago. He is playing a game.  Ask him directly who he thinks is going to win. I bet he doesn’t say Iowa and that is with Rasheed just losing, Cassar gone and Berge not wrestling.......

So you really think he believes PSU is still the top dog? Come on now...

You REALLY want him to think that way so it will fit your narrative dude...

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Just now, BigTenFanboy said:

Show me where he has predicted PSU's wrestlers finishes? He hasnt. Does he really believe they wont have at least 3 finalists? Does he really think Brooks what come along? No, he just says Iowa is a huge favorite over and over. 

1 minute ago, russelscout said:

Show me where he has predicted PSU's wrestlers finishes? He hasnt. Does he really believe they wont have at least 3 finalists? Does he really think Brooks what come along? No, he just says Iowa is a huge favorite over and over. 

Because... they are? Are they not?

5 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

You REALLY want him to think that way so it will fit your narrative dude...

Actually, it is simple cognitive and deductive reasoning. He has been banging the same drum really hard in several topics for a while now. Do you think he is doing it because he all of a sudden found respect for Iowa?  Come on man, you aren’t that dumb....

Edited by MSU158

Just now, MSU158 said:

Actually, it is simple cognitive and seductive reasoning. He has been banging the same drum really hard in several topics for a while now. Do you think he is doing it because he all of a sudden found respect for Iowa. Come on man, you aren’t that dumb....

You dont have to respect Iowa to acknowledge they are the front runners.

Just now, BigTenFanboy said:

You dont have to respect Iowa to acknowledge they are the front runners.

This is a waste of time. Until you ask Tbar directly and get a response there is no point continuing this with you. Have a good one. 

1 minute ago, MSU158 said:

This is a waste of time. Until you ask Tbar directly and get a response there is no point continuing this with you. Have a good one. 

Actually I had a conversation with him when it was announced that Cassar was done. Pretty much said this season is Iowa's to lose.

Furthermore you disagree then?

If you think Iowa is the front runner, you have to respect them?

Edited by BigTenFanboy

2 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Because... they are? Are they not?

By what metric? Yeah they are favorites, but Tbar ripped on the rankings for not being accurate, while also using them to say PSU are huuuge underdogs. Most people on this board, flo wrestling, and even HR folks know its going to be close and it is far from over. Dont you think its strange that Tbar is the one dying to say that its a done deal?