goheels1812

Eierman Tweet

could just be trolling?  I mean technically the statement is true even with Murin.

Intermat rankings:

Lee - 1, DeSanto - 2, Murin - 7

I don't see anyone better

PSU: Meredith - NR, RBY - 3, Lee - 2

OSU: Picc - 4, who's their 133 again?, Gfeller - 10

NW: DeAugustino - 7, Rivera - 5,  who's their 141?

Wisconsin: Barnett - 18, Gross - 1, Moran - 11

5 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

could just be trolling?  I mean technically the statement is true even with Murin.

Intermat rankings:

I thought about that too. Maybe he’s just hyping up the 1-2-3 punch Iowa has with Murin in the lineup. Based on interviews that seems like something Eierman would do because he knows it would make waves, but not really have any meaning for him personally.

5 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Intermat rankings:

Then why not 1-2-3....10? That’s also true isn’t it? 

I don’t think he would be a step up this late in the season, unless he has been practicing folk for a month or so. 

Eierman’s style I don’t think allows for him to hop into folk and be successful. At his best he may be a favorite for the title this year, but right now I’d have him maybe 3rd but I’d like to see him against good people before solidifying it. He may not AA if he has only focused on free. 

He did not look good at the Open and Nick Lee smashed him. 

If he is in his normal folkstyle form, Iowa easily locks up the title. It would mean bevause ot Senior Nationals, Iowa gains a title (Eierman) and PSU loses one (Cassar). Would be pretty crazy

8 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

I don’t think he would be a step up this late in the season, unless he has been practicing folk for a month or so. 

Eierman’s style I don’t think allows for him to hop into folk and be successful. At his best he may be a favorite for the title this year, but right now I’d have him maybe 3rd but I’d like to see him against good people before solidifying it. He may not AA if he has only focused on free. 

If he is in his normal folkstyle form, Iowa easily locks up the title. It would mean bevause ot Senior Nationals, Iowa gains a title (Eierman) and PSU loses one (Cassar). Would be pretty crazy

I could not disagree more with this post.  The guy didn't just forget how to wrestle folkstyle after doing it his whole life-his style is really optimized for folk.  

Just now, Billyhoyle said:

I could not disagree more with this post.  The guy didn't just forget how to wrestle folkstyle after doing it his whole life-his style is really optimized for folk.  

His style is only optimized for folk if he trains it. Those little tricks he pulls off require excellent timing. He exposes his back often during the scrambles too it is how he beats the better guys. 

If he hasn’t been training them, he is in trouble. 

He was also losing against Mauller before he left Missouri too. 

He has regressed and/or isn’t improving like he was. He is focused on free. Most guys can’t be a Snyder, plus Snyder has a similar style in folk and free. Eierman does not. 

5 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

His style is only optimized for folk if he trains it. Those little tricks he pulls off require excellent timing. He exposes his back often during the scrambles too it is how he beats the better guys. 

If he hasn’t been training them, he is in trouble. 

He was also losing against Mauller before he left Missouri too. 

He has regressed and/or isn’t improving like he was. He is focused on free. Most guys can’t be a Snyder, plus Snyder has a similar style in folk and free. Eierman does not. 

It's January.  NCAAs isn't for 2 months.  How long do you think it will take him to get back to folkstyle?  A week?  2 weeks at most? You're acting like freestyle skills are useless in folk.  If anything, he may be a better folk wrestler now, since working on free has probably forced him to address some of his weaknesses and rely less on funk.  

28 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

I also disagree. him going for a title also helps his qualifying chances for freestyle it's really a no brainer on his part to jump in the Iowa lineup now or risk missing out on both

11 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

It's January.  NCAAs isn't for 2 months.  How long do you think it will take him to get back to folkstyle?  A week?  2 weeks at most? You're acting like freestyle skills are useless in folk.  If anything, he may be a better folk wrestler now, since working on free has probably forced him to address some of his weaknesses and rely less on funk.  

No I don’t think 2 months is enough time for him.

Hopefully we will find out 

1 minute ago, Sublime607 said:

I also disagree. him going for a title also helps his qualifying chances for freestyle it's really a no brainer on his part to jump in the Iowa lineup now or risk missing out on both

He may jump into the lineup. I don’t know if he will or not. If he does, I bet he doesn’t place higher than 5th. You in?

5 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

He may jump into the lineup. I don’t know if he will or not. If he does, I bet he doesn’t place higher than 5th. You in?

I'll take that bet he places higher than 5th with his eyes closed. TBarring injury 

Edited by Sublime607

19 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Can I be in on this too?  If he competes at NCAAs, Eierman must place top 4 or you win.  

9 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Eierman asked very plainly whether Lee and Dos Santos are the best 1-2 punch in wrestling.  To answer his question - no.  That would be Vincenzo-Hall.

I respectfully disagree. Simply because of bonus point potential

27 minutes ago, iGranby said:

I respectfully disagree. Simply because of bonus point potential

I was assuming "1-2" was referring to 125/133 but even if it's not, yeah in bonus point potential I'm not sure there's a consecutive one better than Lee/Desanto.   I'm not even an Iowa fan but Marinelli/Kemerer is pretty good too.