goheels1812

Eierman Tweet

21 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I was assuming "1-2" was referring to 125/133 but even if it's not, yeah in bonus point potential I'm not sure there's a consecutive one better than Lee/Desanto.   I'm not even an Iowa fan but Marinelli/Kemerer is pretty good too.

Same here.  Give folks a reason for, 'conspiracy theory' though and they'll run with it.

4 hours ago, Sublime607 said:

I'll take that bet he places higher than 5th with his eyes closed. TBarring injury 

No. Not barring injury. If he shows up to NCAAs, it counts. 

If I win, this will be the best call since my early season Mekhi pick last year. 

Edited by Housebuye

4 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

Can I be in on this too?  If he competes at NCAAs, Eierman must place top 4 or you win.  

Ok fine. Might as well double down.   

I’ve never rooted against Eierman I don’t think. This will be weird. 

1 minute ago, Housebuye said:

Ok fine. Might as well double down.   

I’ve never rooted against Eierman I don’t think. This will be weird. 

It’s not unthinkable to see him losing in the semis to pletcher or lee then not having his head straight and losing to real woods or a pletcher/Lee and ending up in the 5/6 match 

1 minute ago, Antitroll2828 said:

It’s not unthinkable to see him losing in the semis to pletcher or lee then not having his head straight and losing to real woods or a pletcher/Lee and ending up in the 5/6 match 

Yup, especially if his entire plan is to use NCAAs to qualify. Any loss could mess with him. Not sure if it will, but it would make some sense. It also would mean he will never win an NCAA title

5 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Yup, especially if his entire plan is to use NCAAs to qualify. Any loss could mess with him. Not sure if it will, but it would make some sense. It also would mean he will never win an NCAA title

Even if he doesn’t come out this year I don’t think he wins 1 next year...and yea idk how Eierman would take a loss it’s not like he’s invested like the other Iowa guys, he’s been there like 2 months, could definitely see him semi slide

9 hours ago, Mphillips said:

Same here.  Give folks a reason for, 'conspiracy theory' though and they'll run with it.

Yeah I don't see where that quote even begins to insinuate that Eirman might be pulling his red shirt. I thought it was plainly obvious that it was for Lee and DeSanto. That's a great way to put it sir "conspiracy theory" and running with it. The more I think about it it is just like the most unbelievable stretch or reach

1 minute ago, ConnorsDad said:

Yeah I don't see where that quote even begins to insinuate that Eirman might be pulling his red shirt. I thought it was plainly obvious that it was for Lee and DeSanto. That's a great way to put it sir "conspiracy theory" and running with it. The more I think about it it is just like the most unbelievable stretch or reach

His tweet says 1,2,3? The conspiracy is the 3? As in he is the 3 at 141.

Eierman would be an instant title threat. What are some of you guys smoking? If he goes this year, the team race is over.

Eierman has never mailed it in after a loss at a tournament that I can recall. His freshman year, he lost a close one to eventual champ Heil, then to Meredith, and then beat two higher seeds to make 5th: Ashnault and Kolodzik. his sophomore year, he lost to Yianni in OT, then majored Nick Lee and lost to McKenna in the consolation finals. Last year, he only lost (another 1-pointer) to Yianni.  He has only lost to champs and finalists, and none are around this year. 

Lee recently making Eierman his love slave was a reflection of Lee making a jump, not Eierman suddenly sucking. You have to favor Lee in a rematch, but in folkstyle, Lee is not a confident pick. Some of Eierman’s best stuff, mat wrestling and Askren-influenced scrambling, is useless in freestyle.

8 hours ago, Housebuye said:

No. Not barring injury. If he shows up to NCAAs, it counts. 

If I win, this will be the best call since my early season Mekhi pick last year. 

I'll still take that bet. But he must show up to the NCAA tournament and start a single match. Seen way to many cases of guys qualifying when they get hurt in the conference semifinals or finals and becoming a last minute scratch forfeit the first round.

2 hours ago, ConnorsDad said:

Oh **** I completely missed that. What a dumbass. Sorry about that

*balloons fall from the rafters as, for the first time, a person on an internet forum admitted a mistake instead of doubling down*

Edited by ugarte

15 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Eierman would be an instant title threat. What are some of you guys smoking? If he goes this year, the team race is over.

Eierman has never mailed it in after a loss at a tournament that I can recall. His freshman year, he lost a close one to eventual champ Heil, then to Meredith, and then beat two higher seeds to make 5th: Ashnault and Kolodzik. his sophomore year, he lost to Yianni in OT, then majored Nick Lee and lost to McKenna in the consolation finals. Last year, he only lost (another 1-pointer) to Yianni.  He has only lost to champs and finalists, and none are around this year. 

Lee recently making Eierman his love slave was a reflection of Lee making a jump, not Eierman suddenly sucking. You have to favor Lee in a rematch, but in folkstyle, Lee is not a confident pick. Some of Eierman’s best stuff, mat wrestling and Askren-influenced scrambling, is useless in freestyle.

Wat.