Bronco

Cael Valencia?

2 hours ago, Crotalus said:

When do you have to decide what someone's ceiling is? If you predicted Anthony's ceiling when he was drubbing Caldwall as a high school senior, you would probably say a world medal at least. But now even making a world team is never going to happen. So were we wrong on what his ceiling was or did he just fail to reach it?

That was the match that got me all in on his potential. Couldn’t believe my eyes. So dominant. We were just wrong on his ceiling.

Zahid has had a much steadier improvement curve. He also has a much more ideal weight class than Anthony who is probably too big for 74 and too small for 79 and way too small for 86. The one result that gives me some pause on Zahid is the absolute drubbing an injury-free Ringer gave him. 

6 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

That was the match that got me all in on his potential. Couldn’t believe my eyes. So dominant. We were just wrong on his ceiling.

Zahid has had a much steadier improvement curve. He also has a much more ideal weight class than Anthony who is probably too big for 74 and too small for 79 and way too small for 86. The one result that gives me some pause on Zahid is the absolute drubbing an injury-free Ringer gave him. 

Did you forget about the drubbing Zahid gave him?  And Martin taking him out then Zahid waxing Martin for the umteenth time. Win some. You lose some. Zahid was right there with Dake last year. 

5 minutes ago, gobraves101905 said:

Did you forget about the drubbing Zahid gave him?  And Martin taking him out then Zahid waxing Martin for the umteenth time. Win some. You lose some. Zahid was right there with Dake last year. 

Didn’t forget but Ringer was injured. I know, I know, but I really believe it. I do think the next one won’t be so one-sided but you still have to take a pause after that match. 

On 1/15/2020 at 7:56 PM, wrestlingnerd said:

Didn’t forget but Ringer was injured. I know, I know, but I really believe it. I do think the next one won’t be so one-sided but you still have to take a pause after that match. 

Was Ringer injured again today. Zahid led start to finish. Teched world silver medalist in the semis. 

Good match by Zahid. Turned around a brutal beating. Ringer wasn’t injured. I still remember the drubbing though. I only said it gave me pause, not that Zahid doesn’t have potential. I have said many times he is one of our young guys to watch. Olympic gold is a very, very high bar though. And Zahid has a style that can win big some days and be exploited in others. Look at his series with Ringer as one example. He is a  damn good gunslinger though. Very possible he’ll be a world champ in te future and have never denied that. 

48 minutes ago, gobraves101905 said:

Zahid beat Derringer in May 2018 for spot in Final X

Cael needs to continue the legacy and bring that trophy West.

Had Dieringer done anything in 2017 yet?  Who was the silver medalist that Zahid beat?

11 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Calling them ethnic is racist.

You're exactly right, Tobus Rex called them Mexican American and then assumed certain behavior would follow from it. He thought calling them Mexican American was politically correct as opposed to just calling them Mexicans, although that's what he meant.

If you were trying to bait me about using the term ethnic, you didn't, yet.

Edited by potentiallydangerous
Elaborate

2 hours ago, potentiallydangerous said:

You're exactly right, Tobus Rex called them Mexican American and then assumed certain behavior would follow from it. He thought calling them Mexican American was politically correct as opposed to just calling them Mexicans, although that's what he meant.

Your response indicates that was a lie.

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Your response indicates that was a lie.

Quite the contrary, but your reply indicates you still are missing the point, which is:

Those who inaccurately label others as racist based on the results of an election ought to avoid racist behavior which exposes their own hypocrisy.

Or to dumb it down, those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

1 hour ago, potentiallydangerous said:

Quite the contrary, but your reply indicates you still are missing the point, which is:

Those who inaccurately label others as racist based on the results of an election ought to avoid racist behavior which exposes their own hypocrisy.

Or to dumb it down, those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Triggered much, bruh?

It's just a forum.

6 hours ago, potentiallydangerous said:

Now you can read intent. Amazing!