77again

Matteo Pelicone Rome Olympic Ranking Tournament

5 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Good win for Hildebrandt looks excellent down a weight

Been super impressed with her improvement and focus the last couple years.  She's fully dialed in and the results are showing that. 

The only extra thing Bo’s match against the Iranian could’ve used was the Iranian standing over Bo and patting him on the back while helping him up like a toddler after he quickly 10-0’d him. 

I wonder if Bo would’ve enjoyed that same sportsmanship that he so often offered in college. 

2 hours ago, pamela said:

I wonder how J’Den Cox is feeling about his chances to make the Olympic Team after today’s results. 

Maybe this will convince he needn't go down to 86.

As sucked out as he was, and given his performances, in 2016-17, with day before weigh-ins, it's hard to imagine he'll be himself at either the Trials or Olympics (assuming he even makes it to Tokyo).

Like I said, Bo would get outclassed at 97. He was probably outweighed by 20lbs or more. Part of me hopes this defeat will give him a reality check and cause him to drop to 86. 
I mean Snyder also got outclassed. I dont think this adds any weight to the prediction of Bo being "not enough" for 97kg

2 hours ago, spladle08 said:

I've genuinely wondered if he's in this 100%, I mean who am I to speculate at his commitment. but with the MMA thing looming and such large hurdles to be our rep, seems like a bit of a waste of time, and I wonder with Snyder there, if he really does Big Brother Bo in the room,  is Bo just going through the motions halfheartedly?
I'm not saying that is what happening, just throwing out a reasonable string of thought

I wondered that as well, until he tore through U23 Worlds.

Given the road to near future World and Olympic teams, however, I'm back to wondering again.

Just now, spladle08 said:
4 minutes ago, AZ_wrestling said:
Like I said, Bo would get outclassed at 97. He was probably outweighed by 20lbs or more. Part of me hopes this defeat will give him a reality check and cause him to drop to 86. 

I mean Snyder also got outclassed. I dont think this adds any weight to the prediction of Bo being "not enough" for 97kg

He was getting pushed around and generally outmuscled against Yergali. Anyone with eyes could see he’s too small for this weight class, anyone with a brain knew it beforehand.

2 minutes ago, whaletail said:

I wondered that as well, until he tore through U23 Worlds.

Given the road to near future World and Olympic teams, however, I'm back to wondering again.

How could he be?  He's already set an end date on his wrestling career.  He has an agreement in place with American Top Team to open an MMA gym in Happy Valley. 

I have no doubt he's putting full effort into his training, but sticking one foot out the door and planting it in cement just can't be the best approach to reaching the pinnacle of wrestling success.

He was getting pushed around and generally outmuscled against Yergali. Anyone with eyes could see he’s too small for this weight class, anyone with a brain knew it beforehand.
Damn, taking a firm stance.

Yes we all knew he was under sized.
Yes (scroll back) I too saw that shootout match as a just sad sad reflection of his potential at the weight.

However. He lost to the best guy there, and it's his first venture up to 97kg. Obviously he doesnt have time to pack on muscle but, it's an eye opener for him, I'd anticipate better future showings. I do have greater doubts he unseats Snyderman for the spot on the team. But... this doesnt swing me decisively off his ability to compete.

Bo needs go proper weight. He can not  handle some of the stronger wrestlers . Just tough caught with 2 world champs below him.

Big Bo fan, he goes 97 KG im rooting for Snyder not good for our team . 

IMHO

Frank

Fascinating watching Bo, who has been so dominant at the NCAA level and even U23, get absolutely horsed.

Way too small for 97.  I don’t understand if he is transitioning to MMA after the Olympics (or trials) why wouldn’t he just go at the weight class he’s best suited.  Hard to make an argument that, at least in the near term, that 97 is where he should be competing.  

With time I guess he could add the weight/muscle, but not if he’s making the move to MMA.

how can snyder's par terre still be this bad?

no technique at all... it is so frustrating... he has been "coached" by some of the best in this country and no one has got him to use even decent technique on a gut?

45 minutes ago, AZ_wrestling said:

But, but, but...he's a U23 World Champion!!!!