77again

Matteo Pelicone Rome Olympic Ranking Tournament

32 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Man, those stands are empty.

There looks to be 200 to 300 people on the side that the cameras are not facing.   Probably mostly wrestlers, coaches, and moms and dads. They have shown that side a few times. The side that is in view from the cameras filming the match have nobody sitting there. I assume by design. 

Even so, it is a bad look for wrestling to have nobody in the stands on the side that you are filming. They might consider flipping that around so it looks like someone is enjoying watching our sport. 

29 minutes ago, LJB said:

bo isn't beating anyone of consequence at 97... why he was allowed to waste any USAW funds to go out there is a tad bit annoying to me... 

like so many have offered previously, get in or out and him at 97 is definitely not in...

and i am beginning to lean towards cox having an easier match with snyder than taylor right now... 

That was my takeaway as well.  Bo at 97 seemed kind of silly to me, and I'm a bit surprised USAW went this direction.

52 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

PS-Still think Nickal is at worst our #2 for OTT, behind Snyder only.  If Cox goes 97, then I believe he'll be our #2 then Nickal.  I don't see Snyder losing domestically when it counts.

Say what you want.  Until proven otherwise, he is my Cap.

I think Cox beats Snyder and I would have said this even before this tournament.

8 minutes ago, Sublime607 said:

I think Cox beats Snyder and I would have said this even before this tournament.

I understand what points you may have, and the fact that they are logical.  I would even admit that at this point Cox would be a betting favorite.

That being said, Cap is Cap.  Someone needs to take the shield from him by beating him before I will actually believe otherwise.

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I understand what points you may have, and the fact that they are logical.  I would even admit that at this point Cox would be a betting favorite.

That being said, Cap is Cap.  Someone needs to take the shield from him by beating him before I will actually believe otherwise.

Fair enough but Cap seems to let himself get pinned ever so often and its concerning.

Just now, Sublime607 said:

Fair enough but Cap seems to let himself get pinned ever so often and its concerning.

Yes he does. Yes it is.

It is also why I believe Nickal may be his biggest threat in a one-off series, however in a best of three I don't believe anyone defeats him domestically come OTTs.  Not Cox or Nickal.

59 minutes ago, LJB said:

bo isn't beating anyone of consequence at 97... why he was allowed to waste any USAW funds to go out there is a tad bit annoying to me... 

like so many have offered previously, get in or out and him at 97 is definitely not in...

and i am beginning to lean towards cox having an easier match with snyder than taylor right now... 

Now we're getting ridiculous.  USAW isn't supposed to use funds on any of our guys that aren't top 3 in the world?  Then what are our lightweights doing in Italy this weekend?  

Nickal no doubt appears undersized at 97kg, but on his worst day he's our 3rd best option at the weight class.  

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Yes he does. Yes it is.

It is also why I believe Nickal may be his biggest threat in a one-off series, however in a best of three I don't believe anyone defeats him domestically come OTTs.  Not Cox or Nickal.

Cox has a pretty good record in best of threes actually (Dake/Taylor) lol

2 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Now we're getting ridiculous.  USAW isn't supposed to use funds on any of our guys that aren't top 3 in the world?  Then what are our lightweights doing in Italy this weekend?  

Nickal no doubt appears undersized at 97kg, but on his worst day he's our 3rd best option at the weight class.  

he hasn't proved that at all... and he FF out against our second best option today... it was a waste of funds sending him there for that to happen

1 hour ago, LJB said:

One injury at 2 weight classes could change a to ton of things for our country, leaving Bo as perhaps our best option.  He just won U23 worlds as well.  Putting funds into a guy who is an age group world champ doesnt seem that idiotic to me

1 minute ago, LJB said:

he hasn't proved that at all... and he FF out against our second best option today... it was a waste of funds sending him there for that to happen

The forfeit I'm not going to disagree with, I don't like that move.  The rest, you're just being petty.

If you seriously don't want USAW supporting Bo Nickal, then I want to see you get on your soap box and complain about all the other guys we sent that haven't "proven it" yet, too.  

Why are we pretending to know the reason for the forfeit?  How do we know Bo is refusing anything?  How do we know NLWC coaches made the decision?  How do we know.....?  We don't know anything other than he forfeited.

As for using the funds for him to go, how do we know Gadsen, Cox,  or someone else was offered first but unavailable..for whatever reason?  Alot of unknowns for some of you who are forming such strong opinions.

Edited by Lurker

8 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

The forfeit I'm not going to disagree with, I don't like that move.  The rest, you're just being petty.

If you seriously don't want USAW supporting Bo Nickal, then I want to see you get on your soap box and complain about all the other guys we sent that haven't "proven it" yet, too.  

he's clearly not interested in giving himself the best chance to make the team... that can not be debated... if he really thought he could challenge for the weight then he should have wrestled snyder... and if it was anyone's call other than zaddick's to FF, then it was an almost criminal waste of limited funds...

get in or get out... 

if zaddick called for the FF, then i am totally off base and clearly USAW does not mind wasting my money... 

3 minutes ago, LJB said:

he's clearly not interested in giving himself the best chance to make the team... that can not be debated... if he really thought he could challenge for the weight then he should have wrestled snyder... and if it was anyone's call other than zaddick's to FF, then it was an almost criminal waste of limited funds...

get in or get out... 

if zaddick called for the FF, then i am totally off base and clearly USAW does not mind wasting my money... 

And you know what gives him the best chance to make the team?  The only thing that's clear is that he wasn't interested enough in earning ranking points to step on the mat against Snyder in a repechage match at this point.  

3 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

And you know what gives him the best chance to make the team?  The only thing that's clear is that he wasn't interested enough in earning ranking points to step on the mat against Snyder in a repechage match at this point.  

if he decided not to wrestle, then he wasted my money... if carl decided he shouldn't wrestle, then carl wasted my money... so on and so forth...

the only exception i will concede is if the national team coach decided he should FF... that is literally the only person can justify making that call... 

and as evidenced already in this tourney, USAW does not have a problem with US wrestlers competing against each other at this tourney...

furthermore, if bo actually thought he could wrestle snyder, then have snyder FF to him... somehow i don't think that would have happenned...

51 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Cox has a pretty good record in best of threes actually (Dake/Taylor) lol

Yep and I think Cox has improved more and more where Snyder has seemed to level off. It's a fair argument either way untill a match actually takes place.

Edited by Sublime607

12 minutes ago, LJB said:

if he decided not to wrestle, then he wasted my money... if carl decided he shouldn't wrestle, then carl wasted my money... so on and so forth...

Do you really think 'carl' makes those decisions?  That would have never crossed my mind.  I'm not sure if you're serious or just having a go?

1 minute ago, Mphillips said:

Do you really think 'carl' makes those decisions?  That would have never crossed my mind.  I'm not sure if you're serious or just having a go?

to be honest, i don't have a clue whose decision it was for bo to FF... 

but, if it was anyone other than the head coach of team USA, it was a waste of money sending him there... anyone who sends in membership dues to USAW should be annoyed...

26 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

We all like to give Cael a hard time, but 1) he does what is in the best interest of the people he is hired to coach and 2) I highly doubt he told Nickal to actually duck but I have no idea. It's one thing to rest your guys for NCAAs but this is a whole different ball game. This whole thing smells pretty fishy and we are probably never going to get a straight answer.