77again

Matteo Pelicone Rome Olympic Ranking Tournament

2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

He had his own head slaps,  pushes, and so on and so forth.  Happens in every match and is counter productive to whine about it.  Nurykau became more aggressive after Dake threw him off the mat.  Again, not worth complaining about.  If I were to complain, and I'm not, I'd say he did the same bush league maneuver to JB and Cox.

I'll have to re-watch the match, as I didn't notice anything beyond him throwing Nurykau off the mat (and I'm not sure I'd call the latter a throw).

Of course, as a huge Dake fan, I can't help but watch his matches through biased eyes, and absolutely acknowledge that some of his ref interactions are likely motivated by gamesmanship.

6 hours ago, whaletail said:

I'll have to re-watch the match, as I didn't notice anything beyond him throwing Nurykau off the mat (and I'm not sure I'd call the latter a throw).

Of course, as a huge Dake fan, I can't help but watch his matches through biased eyes, and absolutely acknowledge that some of his ref interactions are likely motivated by gamesmanship.

I just watched the match, it was a solid performance by Dake, but he has never been one who loves to wrestle bangers, an Nurykau was epitomized that.

In other news, why am I not familiar with Erylimaz from Turkey, I watched his match with Dake, and that little "throw" by type action, was solid. Tough dude and solid bronze, wonder if he will take the spot from Demirtas this year

Just watched our guys vs Bajrang.
Metcalf Jr. had a chance to win, but then realized he didn't solid match.
Mckenna, wrestled tough, I was impressed.
Just like last time JO looked superior but couldn't get it done. With that said. Last time it was because he gassed, I'm glad to see him continue to attack here.

also his win over Killicsalyan was very nice.

Just now, bnwtwg said:

Agreed that Colon looked good, but disagree about Fix. I thought he was more the aggressor in the Gilman match but neither was too interested in opening up.

Yeah I'm a big Fix guy. but you're right, it was just sub-par all around. Hopefully better showing next time out.
I'm not discouraged, just thought it was a bad tourney for him (obviously)

2 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Yeah I'm a big Fix guy. but you're right, it was just sub-par all around. Hopefully better showing next time out.
I'm not discouraged, just thought it was a bad tourney for him (obviously)

When was the last time he had a good tourney outside the US? Really, really hope Fix is not our rep. He won’t medal this year. 

1 minute ago, wrestlingnerd said:

When was the last time he had a good tourney outside the US? Really, really hope Fix is not our rep. He won’t medal this year. 

When it comes to somebody I am personally cheering for, please don't rain on my parade with facts I choose not to acknowledge.
And didnt he beat Ortega at Pan Ams or something last year. thats a solid showing :)
but for real, if Fix loses to anyone early in the tournament, I am going to immediately jump on the Spencer Lee wagon, just because I want to see....
Gilman, is too conservative, it's hard to win, back to back to back, matches like that.
If Colon, keeps form I wouldnt mind him.
Vitali is fun but no chance of a medal
Gross just will get taken down at will by somebody
Suriano (see Gillman)
Ok Done with hypotheticals....  Give me Lee or Fix

5 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

You guys are killing me with this Gilman is too conservative crap. If Gilman is too conservative then Fix is far and away more conservative and should be viewed as the lesser option. Seriously, go watch their matches against China from this weekend. 

Yeah, Fix looked like booty this weekend, and Gilly looked pretty good.
but "on the whole", we've seen  both in action a decent amount of times.
and if i told you either wrestler broke out to a 8-0 lead who would you pick?
if I told you one wrestler won 4 consecutive 4-3 matches... who would you pic?
THEY ARE BOTH GREAT WRESTLERS!!!!!! But Gilman (at least in the past) doesn't create much separation and goes for the "Score when i feel I have to" approach against top guys
It's 0 attack against him, just prefer people who consistently separate the score, and it usually takes me awhile to drop the moniker I've given guys 

Edited by spladle08