77again

Matteo Pelicone Rome Olympic Ranking Tournament

1 minute ago, LJB said:

it is because he is not very good... his technique is awful... he is just big, that is all... his silver medal was a function of the draw of draws...

i can't believe schultz  lost to him... i don't anticipate that happening at trials again...

Haha fair. 
War Schultz.
I just want us to surprise everyone and build a decent team!

Unfortunately, LJB is right...His greco fundamentals are not high level at all.  Even on a basic level, he pushes in with his underhook and goes for a ride on anyone who can deal with his size. I definitely understand that it must be nearly impossible for him to legit train par-terre (because who is going to lift the dude?), but he seems genuinely shocked by basic stuff he sees in competition.  He could be solid if he cleaned up his pummeling and went for less loose-locked step arounds, but he needs better partners and greco-coaching.  Is he working with Robbie at all?

Meng is a tank.  Steamrolled Coon at the end & scored when he needed to.  Wish Coon could spend a few months training with Lopez and the other Cuban Heavy.  I could be wrong but I don't believe anyone in the US is going to give him the looks he needs to compete with these top guys.  

Edited by airmail

5 minutes ago, GoNotQuietly said:

Unfortunately, LJB is right...His greco fundamentals are not high level at all.  Even on a basic level, he pushes in with his underhook and goes for a ride on anyone who can deal with his size. I definitely understand that it must be nearly impossible for him to legit train par-terre (because who is going to lift the dude?), but he seems genuinely shocked by basic stuff he sees in competition.  He could be solid if he cleaned up his pummeling and went for less loose-locked step arounds, but he needs better partners and greco-coaching.  Is he working with Robbie at all?

this...

schultz had/has the same problem... when i would see him at the OTC he was having to roll with much smaller guys... there just was not anyone there to push him even a little... then got shocked when he wrestled someone as big as coon...

1 minute ago, spladle08 said:

I always wonder when it looks so easy for some of these guys when it matters you know.....
Like why was it this close

gassing with the heavies is a real thing... meng does that the first 30 seconds then he might legitimately die midway through the second period...

and let's be honest... coon gets rolled up quick when facing legit heavy talent...

1 minute ago, LJB said:

gassing with the heavies is a real thing... meng does that the first 30 seconds then he might legitimately die midway through the second period...

and let's be honest... coon gets rolled up quick when facing legit heavy talent...

Fair :)
So last of Greco tomorrow and some women
Then Bo over Snyder Friday and Zare beating the world.
Then finally the much anticipated Chamizo vs Dake
I'm in!

2 hours ago, spladle08 said:

I always think Hancock has the most potential of our guys, but it never pans out....
Guess I'm not technically wrong as we don't usually accomplish anything anywhere... but if I had to pick one of our guys to nab a Senior Level Greco Gold... he has to be the most likely to "put it all together"

i thought he looked better than the norwegian in their match. he had a two or three takedowns waved off as slips that seemed more like the norwegian trying to wriggle out of a lock than real throw attempts. hancock looked frustrated by the calls.

1 minute ago, ugarte said:

i thought he looked better than the norwegian in their match. he had a two or three takedowns waved off as slips that seemed more like the norwegian trying to wriggle out of a lock than real throw attempts. hancock looked frustrated by the calls.

Spot on playa.
I need to watch more Greco, because aside from our guys I literally know 4 names (I wish that was an exaggeration) and I judge guys like a college fan  coming over to freestyle for the first time.
"Well that foreigner didn't look that great, we should've been able to beat him"
Ok maybe I'm not that ignorant, I try to familiarize myself with everyone's credentials, but I don't know the "wrestlers to watch"
"up and comers"....
"bad technique vs good".... I'm such a greco moron.
I just observe where I think we are falling short and soap-box about it for gratuitous amounts of time.
I am part of the problem :)

9 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Spot on playa.
I need to watch more Greco, because aside from our guys I literally know 4 names (I wish that was an exaggeration) and I judge guys like a college fan  coming over to freestyle for the first time.
"Well that foreigner didn't look that great, we should've been able to beat him"
Ok maybe I'm not that ignorant, I try to familiarize myself with everyone's credentials, but I don't know the "wrestlers to watch"
"up and comers"....
I just observe where I think we are falling short and soap-box about it for gratuitous amounts of time.

NB: I know nothing about Greco.

24 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Spot on playa.
"up and comers"....

Going to plug Mr. Hand's Greco website.  They do great work keeping people informed:  http://www.fivepointmove.com/

2 minutes ago, AZ_wrestling said:

Have brackets for tomorrow been released?

Not on United World yet..... but could be somewhere else I reckon
Looks like they tweeted out the last ones right before the action this morning.
So might be an early morning thing here.

3 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Fair :)
So last of Greco tomorrow and some women
Then Bo may try against Snyder and if he does loses Friday and Zare beating the world.
Then finally the much anticipated Chamizo vs Dake
I'm in!

FIFY - Yes, it will be exciting.  Chamizo vs Dake will be good if both get to each other.  Both are fairly decent!!!  Ha ha!

mspart

10 minutes ago, mspart said:

FIFY - Yes, it will be exciting.  Chamizo vs Dake will be good if both get to each other.  Both are fairly decent!!!  Ha ha!

mspart

Haha, I've been trumpeting Bo over Snyderman a few months now, but recently watched some videos to reinforce my belief, and I guess I don't give Snyder enough credit for being huge lol.
It'll be a good one (For us fans)
I still think Bo has more ways to score, but that Tank of a human (Snyder), moving forward and wearing you out for 6 minutes, may be just a little too much for Bo Nick right now.
We shall see, nothing will surprise me.
But if I was forced to pick a realistic outcome.
6-3 Snyder.
4 pushouts/Shotclock +1 takedown
vs
1 takedown + Shotclock
Yeah I feel like thats a realistic expectation.... I think early in the bout we think its a match and then it becomes less of a match.
But it'd be cool if either of them just stomped a mud-hole in the other so we could speculate:
"This wrestler is going to give Sadulaev everything he can handle".....
But I'm sure it'll be around a take-down or 2 match, with the majority of the points being "1's"

Edited by spladle08

37 minutes ago, mspart said:

mspart

Just rewatched one more time, I'm changing my prediction to 4-3
I think I gave Snyders aggression too much respect, he doesn't do a lot.  And Bo is big enough.
Ok no more predictions. just enjoyment, bring on the rasslin

Giving Bo a lot of respect there. If it’s 4-3, I will be super impressed and jump right on the Nickal 2020 bandwagon. Snyder will have 25 lbs on him and has trained with him for several months. No element of surprise in Bo’s favor. It’s a tricky first meeting to call since Snyder can be off at times and Bo is so athletic he can pull off a big move against almost anyone (but Cox, who is just as athletic). I’m thinking 4-5 point gap in Snyder’s favor when all is said and done. If Snyder can get a push out against Sadulaev, what can he do to Bo? I’d think a 1 TD and 2 push out advantage is not far from a fair line. 

Just rewatched that Dake vs Cox match 3..... jesus how close was Dake to the team that year.
Man I totally spaced on that. Ok, no more down this rabbit hole but i am going to watch Taylor/Cox because I just don't remember much other than sweat.