77again

Matteo Pelicone Rome Olympic Ranking Tournament

2 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Giving Bo a lot of respect there. If it’s 4-3, I will be super impressed and jump right on the Nickal 2020 bandwagon. Snyder will have 25 lbs on him and has trained with him for several months. No element of surprise in Bo’s favor. It’s a tricky first meeting to call since Snyder can be off at times and Bo is so athletic he can pull off a big move against almost anyone (but Cox, who is just as athletic). I’m thinking 4-5 point gap in Snyder’s favor when all is said and done. If Snyder can get a push out against Sadulaev, what can he do to Bo? I’d think a 1 TD and 2 push out advantage is not far from a fair line. 

yeah 3 was my initial instinct, but then I re-watched his match with J'den (and some u23... I know U23 is U23....), and then all the recent Snyder matches I could find ....
and I just don't see Snyderman creating his own TD's.

I can definitely see Bo shooting without an angle late and having to give up just from Snyder's hip pressure, but I could also see him turning the corner and getting one of his own..

My initial prediction of 6-3 felt good, but  I don't know man, I don't see Snyder scoring much, and don't see Bo just getting railroaded to the edge.
 1 point match mark it!
If its not... eh well... least I'm committed  (I do think Bo can win in my heart, and I AM NOT A BO FAN. I feel it needs to be said again)
But in my head, Snyderman doesn't lose often, and is used to the weight, and is a world/olympic champ... blah blah blah... he should win.
But Bo looked pretty solid against Jden, and most of Jden's scores were some badass athleticism/speed that I'm not sure Snyderman has.

But you're right on the size.  I think the size is just such a hurdle.

Just now, wrestlingnerd said:

I’m a Bo fan but God wanted Snyder in Happy Valley for a reason and it wasn’t to beat Bo by 1. 

Lol fair. :)
Note I just rewatched Cox vs Taylor 3 for the first time in ages, and I remembered the meme of Cox sliding across the mat while Taylor chased him and somehow thought that factored into the ending.
I had totally forgot he eff'd his knee then fell behind, on criteria, and then scored the final 2. for the win.  Cox has had some damn battles to make the team. Then he gets who? Zillmer the  next year.... that had to be nice. :)
I hope some legend (multiple years of success guy) is born this year, but I reckon it can only be Yainni or Bo.... Well I guess Gable... but he feels just as likely to switch to MMA as Bo.... Maybe a light weight? Spencer? Bring on the trials

Just now, wrestlingnerd said:

Could finally be JO. 

Just the greatest most unstoppable ever... for 1 season....
That would be some legend stuff. I genuinely can't see him keeping it up (Beyond the Olympics), but if he ran through the world for Olympic Gold after his whole situation.... That'd be a great ending for him.

1 minute ago, wrestlingnerd said:

If Jamil Kelly can be peak Jamil for one season, so can JO. I’m rooting for him. 

Jamil was the ultimate darkhorse

Going to be hard to top that, but as you said, he has all the talent in the world and is more than capable of putting it all together.
Enjoy the show.  (PS  randomly  interested in the women's bracket these next 2 days, we sent some talent. Love watching Tamyra and Adeline snatch souls, wondering how Hildebrandt looks at her new weight as well )

3 hours ago, ugarte said:

i thought he looked better than the norwegian in their match. he had a two or three takedowns waved off as slips that seemed more like the norwegian trying to wriggle out of a lock than real throw attempts. hancock looked frustrated by the calls.

i finally got around to watching hancock's semi... i would agree with those "slips"... baldauf used those tactically... when he started to get in trouble, just go for a failed arm spin "attempt"... can't fault him, but, i feel like a different judge and chair sees hancock catching him instead of slips...

even so, hancock had an opportunity to win that, but, rushed his throw late in the match and went to his back... he had plenty of time to cinch that properly, but, rushed it... even if he just secures the takedown instead of going big for 4, he still has an opportunity to gut him for the win... 

either way, it was a good match by both...

and as mentioned before, just looking at a score and making some half-assed determination of where a wrestler is at is silly at best...

1 hour ago, spladle08 said:

Just rewatched that Dake vs Cox match 3..... jesus how close was Dake to the team that year.
Man I totally spaced on that. Ok, no more down this rabbit hole but i am going to watch Taylor/Cox because I just don't remember much other than sweat.

That's funny, I happened to rewatch that match about a week ago and also totally forgot how close match 3 actually was. Dake came so close to making the team, up at 86. 

Spladle 08, I have to take issue with your comment of you just don’t see SnyderMan creating his own TD’s. SnyderMan has made quite a career of facing the best in the world including Sadulaev, Gadisov, and Gatsalov, as well as a ton of other great wrestlers, so I have to believe that he will be able to generate his own TD’s against Bo. 

Spladle 08, I have to take issue with your comment of you just don’t see SnyderMan creating his own TD’s. SnyderMan has made quite a career of facing the best in the world including Sadulaev, Gadisov, and Gatsalov, as well as a ton of other great wrestlers, so I have to believe that he will be able to generate his own TD’s against Bo. 

100% Snyder is one of the best to do it, but his victories over the "better guys" arent in shoot-out high flying 10-5 matches

where he gets 4 different takedowns (which I understand is the nature of the weight)...

Hes difficult to score on and can usually nab one or 2 nice low single, or go behind takedowns per match and maybe a pushout.

Bo is going to be a little quicker and more difficult to score on from a speed perspective so I dont see the shot being as effective. Which negates his main takedown. However he is huge and moves forward so just based on that alone I see him scoring off pushouts and go behinds (when the smaller Nickal is stuck underneath)

I'm not disrespecting Snyders game, I said hes still likely to win, but Nickal hasnt done anything since debuting at the Senior level to make me think this isnt relatively close.

I mean he crushed the domestic field at 92kg, to earn the chance to wrestle the Great Cox, to 2 decision losses, then he crushed the U23 field... not saying give him Olympic Gold... but I'm saying hes capable of competing.

I had totally forgot he eff'd his knee then fell behind, on criteria, and then scored the final 2. for the win.

You fell victim to the propaganda spread by the Taylor mafia. After J'den got a feel for him in the first match and made adjustments, there was nothing Taylor could do to J'den but try and break his knee out of frustration.

Add for Bo and Snyder. Snyder has dominated domestic competition. His close matches have been with the best in the world on the senior level, and Bo is just not there. Snyder's pressure is incredible and hard to withstand for 6 mins. He is also every bit as hard to score on as J'den. I predict Kyle scores by go behind as Bo will get stuck underneath. I also think Kyle will get to a quick snatch single or his low single at some point. I would be very impressed if Bo scores any takedown on him. I don't think the result will ever be in doubt. People were claiming that size was a factor in Bo/J'den, it will be amplified here.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The rough go for Greco continues.
Tamyra having some closer bouts than expected.
See who is where in the coming 20 minutes and post it all.
Ali Ragen, Miracle*, Burkert*,  and ole Jon Stefanowicz wrestling for Bronze is all we got i think.
Tamyra will seal her ticket to the finals shortly as she leads her semis match

Edited by spladle08

42 minutes ago, skunk103 said:

Chamizo out of the Mateo Pellicone:

That's too bad.  Here's what I gathered:

-He feels like he's more or less a lock for the #1 seed at Oly's anyway so wrestling here isn't worth the risk

- (in reference to the Dake matchup) "Were you looking forward to it?"  The few seconds of shoulder shrugging after the question really say "No, not one bit"

- as a professional he doesn't have time to try and wrestle everyone that those on social media want to see him wrestle

I'm in no spot to agree or disagree with what he said, but it seems like the decision to not wrestle in Rome was made in his mind quite a while back.  

4 minutes ago, airmail said:

That's too bad.  Here's what I gathered:

-He feels like he's more or less a lock for the #1 seed at Oly's anyway so wrestling here isn't worth the risk

- (in reference to the Dake matchup) "Were you looking forward to it?"  The few seconds of shoulder shrugging after the question really say "No, not one bit"

- as a professional he doesn't have time to try and wrestle everyone that those on social media want to see him wrestle

I'm in no spot to agree or disagree with what he said, but it seems like the decision to not wrestle in Rome was made in his mind quite a while back.  

This is a case of the athlete even admitting it's a duck!

Man I want a better word than "Duck"... nails on a chalkboard to me

"Yeah I got the #1 seed locked up, nobody who can get seeded above me even showed up, so why compromise my knee" -F. Chamizo

"He's terrified of competition" -The Message Boards

It's the biggest tournament in Rome, Italy (His country) for crying out loud, of course he is at least there.

If JB showed up at the Ferrel and shook hands but decided not to wrestle, nobody would say one word about ducking.

Anyway, business decision. Love me some Chamizo, but sure wish he would've laced em up here.

"I'm not trying to win some tournament, I'm trying to win the Olympics" -Chamizo