77again

Matteo Pelicone Rome Olympic Ranking Tournament

1 minute ago, de4856 said:

I have to wonder how come we aren’t doing better.

The second one is, I know it’s only the first day of the Women’s competition,.....I really thought that we were going to have a lot more success

I ask this every few months, and compare it with soccer.
We literally have all the resources in the world,  yet it's as if we are just watching videos of other countries to train. It's amazing we cant field a competitive squad. I am in no way an expert, but its like: X wrestler from country Y who can only train with buckets of sand... takes us to the woodshed and I'm over here like HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!

Secondly on the women's side, aside from Stock losing (who did not look herself all day)... none of the other results were overly surprising (A couple girls got robbed)
I expected Tamyra, Adeline, Hilde, to bring home golds....
a silver and 2 golds would be similar....  if neither of them make the finals tomorrow I will say "Hey, whats going on".... but all is well.

Excited for a little mens FS. Hell I'm excited for the draws.

Well, I only saw Mensah’s finals match, and she looked like she was solidly in control until she gave up that takedown and then I’m not sure what in the heck happened. Maybe Tamyra has the flu, maybe she just ran out of gas, or maybe her opponent has a great gut wrench. Or maybe all the above. I would also say that it does look like Tamyra has to work on her Par Terre defense. 

1 minute ago, de4856 said:

Well, I only saw Mensah’s finals match, and she looked like she was solidly in control until she gave up that takedown and then I’m not sure what in the heck happened. Maybe Tamyra has the flu, maybe she just ran out of gas, or maybe her opponent has a great gut wrench. Or maybe all the above. I would also say that it does look like Tamyra has to work on her Par Terre defense. 

I was having a discussion with somebody else before the loss happened.
I said despite her destroying this finals, shes been off the whole tourney, just hasnt  looked herself.
Then she got rolled up... and I felt like it was my fault :)
She is still the best in the world, I just think it was a combination of things we will never be made aware of. :) Olympic champ to come

Our overall par terre is atrocious though, and it’s a viscous circle; we have very few athletes who excel there, so everyone doesn’t have to raise their defense to that level. We get rolled up overseas way too much to be explained by blaming folk style, though that doesn’t help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone explain how Chamizo would get the 1 seed over Sidakov? How can that be that the back to back reigning champ gets anything lower than the one seed? Didnt chamizo fail to medal last time out?

Edited by BTC

Can someone explain how Chamizo would get the 1 seed over Sidakov? How can that be that the back to back reigning champ gets anything lower than the one seed? Didnt chamizo fail to medal last time out?
Chamizo took Silver the last time out, losing to only Sidakov.
The year before he took 5th, losing to Sidakov and Burroughs.

Apparantly, whether its bans, injury, or whatever... Sidakov is limited in what he can attend.

But the reigning medalist from the previous year start with a set amount of points. Obviously gold with the most, then silver, then Bronze.... he is confident he will compete and win the same (if not more) than Burroughs, and apparently definitely more than Sidakov. (Not sure why Sidakov is limited)

Sidakov is obviously currently #1 by being the champ, but by choosing not to compete as much, you lose that privilege, hence why the ranking series events should encourage guys to participate more.

Both Nickal and Snyder win by tech in prelim round.  Nickal over Germany. Snyder over Kazakhstan

Coming up is 1/8 finals.

Next up is Mohamadian of Iran for Nickal.

Snyder has Turkey. 

Snyder gets behind 4-1 to Turkey (off of a 4 point counter from Kyle's shot) to win 12-4

Zillmer wins 2-2 on criteria over Andriitsev of Ukraine. A good win for Zillmer. Andriitsev has been around forever with lots of success. 

Mohamadian of Iran vs Snyder in 1/4 finals. Mohamadian was impressive against Nickal. Very quick on his shots. Snyder is obvious favorite but should be a fun match. A Snyder win will eliminate Nickal.  

Can someone descibe Nickal’s loss?  All TDs?  Get gutted?  Laced?  Scramble exposure?  Etc.

Nickal and Snyder could still meet if the Iranian makes the finals.  

That said, rooting for Snyder to make the finals.

4 minutes ago, nom said:

Can someone descibe Nickal’s loss?  All TDs?  Get gutted?  Laced?  Scramble exposure?  Etc.

Nickal and Snyder could still meet if the Iranian makes the finals.  

That said, rooting for Snyder to make the finals.

Was taken down with a single leg and then gutted twice. 6-0. Then lost another TD. Can't remember last two points.