77again

Matteo Pelicone Rome Olympic Ranking Tournament

5 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Wow.... Next stop, NJ RTC?

His loss was expected by me.When a guy tries to change his style you've to expect some ups and downs.Plus look at his past he takes losses now and then but is always ready when it counts.NJ isn't his speed anyway

Edited by calot

12 minutes ago, Perry said:

Sounds like the Iranian is no joke?

Mohammadian is obviously the truth...to give more context:

He lost to Sharifov (AZE-guy who beat Snyder at Worlds) - 4-3 at the Alrosa Cup late November early December

In October he beat Baitsaev (RUS) and Hushtyn (BLR) to win the World Military Games.

1 minute ago, calot said:

His loss was expected by me.When a guy tries to change his style you've to expect some ups and downs.Plus look at his past he takes losses now and then but is always ready when it counts.NJ isn't his speed anyway

Fair enough but has he ever lost this badly other than to Sadulaev? That was a whoopin pf the highest order. Seriously concerning. 

Yeah wow, they both got ran.
I was scrolling through the results and was like
"oh no Bo got teched, im going to have to eat some crow..."

But then like

"Oh hey Snyder got tech/pinned by the same guy"....

Luckily the h2h should still happen.
But also gross results for us there. I'm going to have to watch the matches to see how outclassed we were

At least Bo has the excuse of being 25 pounds underweight.

The Iranian completely dominated Bo on his feat and in par terre. Bo was not even close to stopping his gut wrench or his shots for that matter. As it looked Mohammadi bears Bo ten out of ten times. 

Not knowing anything about him, I assumed Bo is just too small for 97kg and figured Snyder would book a solid W vs him in the corner. But not so. The Iranian was up 4-0 after the first period and while he didn’t toy with Snyder he was modestly in control having scored two push outs and a go behind. After the first period I thought Snyder could hit three of four singles and win it. He’d been there before. In the second period Snyder was more aggressive and the results were worse. When he got pinned it was out of a big scramble where a lot of the momentum was created by Snyder so not entirely different broadly than when Sadulaev pinned him. 

Just now, Crotalus said:

Do we think Bo and Snyder will actually wrestle or will one of them (or both) back out?

That’s a really good question. I’d be surprised if they both back out as it’s the road to a medal and people love medals. I hope they wrestle. I think Snyder wins it easily but it was so hard to get a read on Bo. The German guy fell apart VS Bo and the Iranian demolished Bo. 

At least Bo has the excuse of being 25 pounds underweight.
The Iranian completely dominated Bo on his feat and in par terre. Bo was not even close to stopping his gut wrench or his shots for that matter. As it looked Mohammadi bears Bo ten out of ten times. 
Not knowing anything about him, I assumed Bo is just too small for 97kg and figured Snyder would book a solid W vs him in the corner. But not so. The Iranian was up 4-0 after the first period and while he didn’t toy with Snyder he was modestly in control having scored two push outs and a go behind. After the first period I thought Snyder could hit three of four singles and win it. He’d been there before. In the second period Snyder was more aggressive and the results were worse. When he got pinned it was out of a big scramble where a lot of the momentum was created by Snyder so not entirely different broadly than when Sadulaev pinned him. 

Nice synopsis.

Why can't Snyder bridge better?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

Nice synopsis.

this is probably only the second time he has ever had to? So probably doesn’t focus on it like he would if he were a lightweight. Probably will work on it a bit more now

5 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

Nice synopsis.

Lol. He’s been pinned three times. Maybe he has a bad neck. 

I don’t know if your joking but in this case he landed flat on his back and there really wasn’t an opportunity to bridge. 

Lol. He’s been pinned three times. Maybe he has a bad neck. 

I don’t know if your joking but in this case he landed flat on his back and there really wasn’t an opportunity to bridge. 
He has a hard time bridging when on his back. Gadsen, Saduleav, and now some dude named Mohadmaddian decks the Olympic Champ.

Great comeback by Nickal. Down 12-5 after giving up two 4 pointers from two separate upper body situations. He went back to his leg attacks and scored 3 TD's in last 60 seconds of match to win 13-12. 

Even our guys who are pretty tough going upper body in the States don't often fair well in that position internationally.