77again

Matteo Pelicone Rome Olympic Ranking Tournament

32 minutes ago, BigTimeFan said:

Not knowing anything about him, I assumed Bo is just too small for 97kg and figured Snyder would book a solid W vs him in the corner. But not so. The Iranian was up 4-0 after the first period and while he didn’t toy with Snyder he was modestly in control having scored two push outs and a go behind. After the first period I thought Snyder could hit three of four singles and win it. He’d been there before. In the second period Snyder was more aggressive and the results were worse. When he got pinned it was out of a big scramble where a lot of the momentum was created by Snyder so not entirely different broadly than when Sadulaev pinned him. 

Mohammadian was a 2014 world bronze medalist. Apparently he had a failed drug test in 2016 and was banned 2 years... just started competing again in 2019. 

He lost to Sharifov (AZE-guy who beat Snyder at Worlds) - 4-3 at the Alrosa Cup late November early December

In October he beat Baitsaev (RUS) and Hushtyn (BLR) to win the World Military Games.

It will either be him or Karimi for the Olympic spot but Karimi just got injured so there is a great chance it's Mohammadians

Edited by Jon_Kozak

8 minutes ago, Jon_Kozak said:

Mohammadian was a 2014 world bronze medalist. Apparently he had a failed drug test in 2016 and was banned 2 years... just started competing again in 2019. 

He lost to Sharifov (AZE-guy who beat Snyder at Worlds) - 4-3 at the Alrosa Cup late November early December

In October he beat Baitsaev (RUS) and Hushtyn (BLR) to win the World Military Games.

It will either be him or Karimi for the Olympic spot but Karimi just got injured so there is a great chance it's Mohammadians

Thanks for that. He looks phenomenal. 

Just now, Jon_Kozak said:

Mohammadian was a 2015 world bronze medalist. Apparently he had a failed drug test in 2016 and was banned 2 years... just started competing again in 2019. 

Mohammadian looks so good today, his attacks have been so clean and at a crazy converion rate.

prior PED users for me are always a hard pill to swallow, i will always question if they are currently clean. Either way, i hope we get to see Sadulaev vs. Mohammadian in the near future. 

Nickal had an amazing match VS KAZ where he got behind and then gutted out a win with about three take downs in the last thirty or so seconds including a low single at the buzzer. And for what? Just to forfeit so that he and Snyder don’t compete ? Or was he hurt or what?

1 minute ago, wrestlingphish said:

Anyone who had anything to say about Chamizo, Spencer Lee, or any other potential "duck" can feel free to chime in on Snyder, Nickal, and the NLWC right here.

Just says Snyder handles him in the room and no sense in someone getting hurt with the bad luck with injuries lately

1 minute ago, calot said:

Just says Snyder handles him in the room and no sense in someone getting hurt with the bad luck with injuries lately

Are you more likely to get hurt in a controlled match or 2 hour practice with no officials while learning new techniques and trying to improve your scrambling?

Nickal looked really tired almost for the get go in the Kazak match. A really gutsy win even though he did not look right. No excuses and I would have loved to see the Snyder Nickal match but overall a good tournament for Nickal. 

Mohammadian is the real deal. 

1 minute ago, 77again said:

Nickal looked really tired almost for the get go in the Kazak match. A really gutsy win even though he did not look right. No excuses and I would have loved to see the Snyder Nickal match but overall a good tournament for Nickal. 

Mohammadian is the real deal. 

I agree. He looked distressed the entire match which in some sense made the win that much more impressive. 

6 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Are you more likely to get hurt in a controlled match or 2 hour practice with no officials while learning new techniques and trying to improve your scrambling?

Practice for sure.With the injuries at Penn St recently Berge (freestyle) and Cassar(freestyle) they decided no sense in wrestling.Snyder will be fresh for Bronze and he needs the rankings points.

14 minutes ago, Nicky_Pipes said:

Mohammadian looks so good today, his attacks have been so clean and at a crazy converion rate.

prior PED users for me are always a hard pill to swallow, i will always question if they are currently clean. Either way, i hope we get to see Sadulaev vs. Mohammadian in the near future. 

Absolutely! 

12 minutes ago, BigTimeFan said:

I was thinking the same thing. How hard of a cut could it be ?

Hahaha. Beat me to it. Getting tech falled can't be that exhausting, so it must be the cut.

Edit: I see you are implying that 86 couldn't be that hard. But clearly the cut to 97 takes it out of him already.

Edited by Crotalus

4 minutes ago, calot said:

Practice for sure.With the injuries at Penn St recently Berge (freestyle) and Cassar(freestyle) they decided no sense in wrestling.Snyder will be fresh for Bronze and he needs the rankings points.

So NLWC decided Snyder needs the ranking points more than Bo? What does that tell us?

4 minutes ago, calot said:

I understand all the reasons why they didn't wrestle. I just want people to keep that same energy they've had for others who don't appear for high level matches that they've had for others.