77again

Matteo Pelicone Rome Olympic Ranking Tournament

1 minute ago, Crotalus said:

So NLWC decided Snyder needs the ranking points more than Bo? What does that tell us?

Tells us that Snyder wins in the room and no sense in wrestling.Bo could be 86 for trials

2 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

I understand all the reasons why they didn't wrestle. I just want people to keep that same energy they've had for others who don't appear for high level matches that they've had for others.

To me this is totally different your talking about guys who train together .It's not like sitting out a dual against a guy you rarely wrestle.Thats just my opinion on it

1 minute ago, calot said:

Tells us that Snyder wins in the room and no sense in wrestling.Bo could be 86 for trials

But then he'll have to go up against his mentor in Taylor. 86 would obviously be the best weight for him, but he has tried so hard to avoid it.

11 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

I understand all the reasons why they didn't wrestle. I just want people to keep that same energy they've had for others who don't appear for high level matches that they've had for others.

100%... I was telling @Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin that that's how we do it here in America, if you're a foreigner and you don't give us the match we want. You're a coward, and should lose points, and this and that, but when it's one of our guys..... well you know, there were various reasons this made sense :)
It's fun to watch

12 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Don't we  have anyone at 125K?

Nelson faced a guy even bigger and stronger than he is and lost based mostly on the size difference. Nelson had 2 shots that work against most guys, but this guy was huge (maybe not the most athletic though) and/but Nelson couldn't take him down with those basic straight on attempts. Nelson looked gassed near the end, understandable given the force he spent the whole match pushing against. That could wear most guys out.  

Canada's Dhesi lost to the Russian but otherwise looked good. 

Edited by TBar1977

48 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Are you more likely to get hurt in a controlled match or 2 hour practice with no officials while learning new techniques and trying to improve your scrambling?

Ask Cassar

so was Nickal injured? doesn't make sense to FF esp after that scintillating win. Sooner or later he would need to see where he stands vs Snyder. And what better time to do it than after a devastating Snyder loss. 

1 minute ago, DuckFor2 said:

so was Nickal injured? doesn't make sense to FF esp after that scintillating win. Sooner or later he would need to see where he stands vs Snyder. And what better time to do it than after a devastating Snyder loss. 

They probably get that evaluation every day in the room...

Edited by Lurker

1 minute ago, Gantry said:

OK misread the pdf on the UWW site, saw 18:00 as 8pm.  So it's up noon eastern? 

I'm in Mexico so I can't use Flo for this, screwing with my bearings. 

But the UWW livestreams are probably free/unblocked in Mexico, which is nice!

Just now, Lurker said:

They probably get that evaluation every day in the room...

Real match vs practice is always different. 
Can we just call them doo doo heads and move on.  :)
Whether it was to ensure Snyder gets the placement points because they think he will ultimately be the rep.
Or coaches just said "today's not the day"
or Bo was injured....
or they wanted to save it for the trials.....
Just doesnt matter... they're doo doo heads, they aren't going to tell us, and we'll see it when we see it