TobusRex

Snyder is living in Cael's basement

1 hour ago, cjc007 said:

God wanted him to go to psu? Wow. That's delusional.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

He said that when he made the announcement.  But yeah.  Now we now how PSU gets all the best recruits.

2 hours ago, MSU158 said:

i said as close as it could be and I really meant it for his chances to truly challenge PSU year in and year out.  Roselli leaving was more of a blow than many realized.  Snyder leaving too, REALLY hurts.  Now, they are tOSU and the school name itself is enough to stay relevant along with how good Ohio High School wrestling is.  However, until/unless he recruits another High School wrestler close to Snyder's level(good luck with that), I don't see them truly(meaning consistently) challenging PSU and Iowa again for quite some time

We'll see.  After next year Iowa has to replace Lee, DeSanto, Young, Marinelli, and Kemerer.  

So is it a new indictment of Cael's coaching that he needs Yahweh to take his wrestlers to the next level?  Or is the fact that he go Jehovah to step in on his side just the next level of coaching?

Edited by VakAttack

4 hours ago, MSU158 said:

Tom Ryan has to be BEYOND PPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!

That interview is as close of a deathknell as it can get for Tom.  He is resilient and quickly getting J'Den was a great move, but this still hurts  no matter what!

One for extreme commentary, aren’t we?  Deathnell With Kyle but great move getting J’Den.

if Kyle beats Sadulaev and Cox tanks, yes.  If Cox tales gold and Kyle does not, lots to sell at TOSU, including Kyle’s gold at Rio.

42 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

We'll see.  After next year Iowa has to replace Lee, DeSanto, Young, Marinelli, and Kemerer.  

Winning NCAA Championships normally helps that.  I expect them to have a very strong 2021 and/or 2022 recruiting class.

Still, Kennedy should fill in VERY nicely for Kemerer.  I would hope they don't overgrow Brands as he could slot in very nicely for 2 years at 165.  Between Schriever and Ybarra you hope they at least fill one of the 125 and 133 slots.  Finally, Henson could end up a 157.

In the end, it is the same for everyone.  How well you can reload determines how long you can stay at the top.  With that said, I would be surprised if PSU and Iowa do not separate themselves a bit more.  OkState has recruited well lately, but they don't seem to quite be developing top to bottom.

Just now, Sstern said:

One for extreme commentary, aren’t we?  Deathnell With Kyle but great move getting J’Den.

if Kyle beats Sadulaev and Cox tanks, yes.  If Cox tales gold and Kyle does not, lots to sell at TOSU, including Kyle’s gold at Rio.

You are missing the point.  I am talking about tOSU DI College Wrestling. DEFECTION hurts BADLY, no matter what spin you put on it.  If it were J'Den leaving, no big deal.  Snyder is a totally different story.  He stated he left BECAUSE he couldn't get better at tOSU.  There is NO pouring perfume on that.  J'Den could win Olympic Gold and I don't see how that helps tOSU.  J'Den has consistently won medals anyway.  

Any way you look at it, the loss of Snyder and the gain of J'Den is still a considerable net loss.  Now, I give Ryan credit for doing it, as it was about the best thing he could have done, but it is sort of like getting a couple of takedowns late in the match to stop from losing by Major Decision...............

2 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Winning NCAA Championships normally helps that.  I expect them to have a very strong 2021 and/or 2022 recruiting class.

Still, Kennedy should fill in VERY nicely for Kemerer.  I would hope they don't overgrow Brands as he could slot in very nicely for 2 years at 165.  Between Schriever and Ybarra you hope they at least fill one of the 125 and 133 slots.  Finally, Henson could end up a 157.

In the end, it is the same for everyone.  How well you can reload determines how long you can stay at the top.  With that said, I would be surprised if PSU and Iowa do not separate themselves a bit more.  OkState has recruited well lately, but they don't seem to quite be developing top to bottom.

I too like the guys Iowa has coming in, but batting 100% on replacements is difficult.  If every guy they bring in is AA caliber out of the gate, they've done an incredible job.  Some guys (like Lee, Snyder) just can't be replaced.  

Cornell could factor in the title race in the near future as well. 

1 minute ago, MSU158 said:

You are missing the point.  I am talking about tOSU DI College Wrestling. DEFECTION hurts BADLY, no matter what spin you put on it.  If it were J'Den leaving, no big deal.  Snyder is a totally different story.  He stated he left BECAUSE he couldn't get better at tOSU.  There is NO pouring perfume on that.  J'Den could win Olympic Gold and I don't see how that helps tOSU.  J'Den has consistently won medals anyway.  

Any way you look at it, the loss of Snyder and the gain of J'Den is still a considerable net loss.  Now, I give Ryan credit for doing it, as it was about the best thing he could have done, but it is sort of like getting a couple of takedowns late in the match to stop from losing by Major Decision...............

That’s you’re opinion but it’s wrong.

As always, time will tell.  Some pretty high ranked commits have jumped on the TOSU train since Kyle defected, including an upper weight.  But don’t let facts cloud your opinion.

Pretty wild how many grown men jump at the chance to mock someone’s beliefs and religion. Does Kyle Snyder mock your beliefs? I never see anyone on these threads push there religious beliefs on anyone but always the same group of people just can’t wait to talk smack anytime a wrestler brings up god. You don’t believe fine ,but when you try to mock a man whose one of the best athletes in the world and one the greatest American wrestlers ever because his faith is strong,you might as well slap on a fake nose and some over sized red shoes bc your just a clown.

45 minutes ago, Sstern said:

As always, time will tell.  Some pretty high ranked commits have jumped on the TOSU train since Kyle defected, including an upper weight.  But don’t let facts cloud your opinion.

Kerkvliet?

57 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

So is it a new indictment of Cael's coaching that he needs Yahweh to take his wrestlers to the next level?  Or is the fact that he go Jehovah to step in on his side just the next level of coaching?

Cael and Kyle are two "separate" religions

52 minutes ago, Sstern said:

Name them, please.  Also, using Paddy is a stretch considering he is from Ohio and I said having Ohio high school wrestling will still keep them relevant. 

22 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Name them, please.  Also, using Paddy is a stretch considering he is from Ohio and I said having Ohio high school wrestling will still keep them relevant. 

Deleted comment because I was stupid.  AY YI YI

Edited by Mphillips

18 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Pretty wild how many grown men jump at the chance to mock someone’s beliefs and religion. Does Kyle Snyder mock your beliefs? I never see anyone on these threads push there religious beliefs on anyone but always the same group of people just can’t wait to talk smack anytime a wrestler brings up god. You don’t believe fine ,but when you try to mock a man whose one of the best athletes in the world and one the greatest American wrestlers ever because his faith is strong,you might as well slap on a fake nose and some over sized red shoes bc your just a clown.

Nobody is mocking his religion.  We are mocking his claim that God is involved in sports outcomes or where he plies his trade.  As if God ha a vested outcome in him being in State College over Columbus.

1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

I'm an OSU guy.  MSU makes great points and I tend to agree.  J'Den doesn't equal Snyder.  The call him,  'Captain America' for christs sake...

38 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Paddy committed to Ohio State.

Back in Dec.  How did i miss that?  Maybe I'm high...

Found my post from another forum in Dec. Oh boy...

MPhillips

2020 Ohio State commits
Hepner
Echemendia

2021 commits
Gallagher

2022 commits
Shumate

Edited by Mphillips