Sign in to follow this  
Wrestlingfan1997

Roman bravo young

18 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

I have said I am an Iowa fan.  Hell, I have even detailed why I am and when I became one.  I just am not a super, psycho diehard like you are.  I try very hard to not let any fan type influence cloud my opinion of the wrestling I watch or the predictions I make.

I am not saying the RBY can't get a takedown.  Hell there is NO wrestler I would say can't be taken down by any DI wrestler.  I am simply saying that DeSanto defended RBY VERY WELL in that particular match and that I believe DeSanto is considerably ahead of where he was last year, which was still considerably ahead of where RBY was last year.

So, to "at least be on record" RBY will have to have improved a LOT to be able to beat DeSanto this season.

You calling me a psycho fan when I have made 9 consecutive correct team race calls, a profoundly better track record than you, is rich. 

Making the correct call is still objective when based on sound reasoning. 

17 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

You calling me a psycho fan when I have made 9 consecutive correct team race calls, a profoundly better track record than you, is rich. 

Making the correct call is still objective when based on sound reasoning. 

LMFAO. YOU picked THE TEAM YOU ARE A FAN OF 8 of those 9 years.  Do you realize how bad that sounds, when you use it against a psycho fandom argument?

Also, You called tOSU?  Since I was picking them before the season started, I remember that quite differently.  Picking YOUR OWN TEAM TO WIN every other win isn't exactly profound.  And there was ONLY 1 year I picked OkState over PSU.  EVERY OTHER year PSU won, I picked PSU.

Also, MOST of the time you and Tigsy would sit back and cherry pick without making detailed picks.  In fact have you EVER done a sheet where you pick all 8 AA's at each weight and do the point totals?  Again, just saying PSU is going to win when they have usually had clearly the best team is NOT a strong argument

20 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

LMFAO. YOU picked THE TEAM YOU ARE A FAN OF 8 of those 9 years.  Do you realize how bad that sounds, when you use it against a psycho fandom argument?

Also, You called tOSU?  Since I was picking them before the season started, I remember that quite differently.  Picking YOUR OWN TEAM TO WIN every other win isn't exactly profound.  And there was ONLY 1 year I picked OkState over PSU.  EVERY OTHER year PSU won, I picked PSU.

Also, MOST of the time you and Tigsy would sit back and cherry pick without making detailed picks.  In fact have you EVER done a sheet where you pick all 8 AA's at each weight and do the point totals?  Again, just saying PSU is going to win when they have usually had clearly the best team is NOT a strong argument

I also picked the correct winning team. Most of the years you picked the wrong team. Who is objective exactly? 

And yes, I called tOSU. You and I were basically the only two on the board that picked them. I see you also have a weak memory. You changed your picks or your rationalizing argument so often in some of those years that no matter who won you could declare you made the right call. Weak sauce, man. 

Edited by TBar1977

5 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I also picked the correct winning team. Most of the years you picked the wrong team. Who is objective exactly? 

And yes, I called tOSU. You and I were basically the only two on the board that picked them. I see you also have a weak memory. 

Most of the years?  And you are saying I picked wrong when, with that super strong memory of yours???  Let's see, I picked Iowa all 3 years they won.  PSU 7of8 and tOSU.  That makes me 11-1.  So most years equals 1?  You are 12-0?  Have you even been posting that long?  And if I am such a strong Iowa fan, how is it that I haven't picked them to win it all in 10 years?  Objectivity?

Edited to add even more clarity:  Hell, the one year I picked OkState was as much to spite you PSU sychophants as anything.  I even said as much.  I was more or less trying to will OkState to victory in hopes of shutting you guys up.  Again, saying "My team is going to win" without providing detailed analysis every year except the one they openly "punted" doesn't make you brilliant.  In fact, there are a slew of PSU fans that did the same thing.  If you want to make an argument for yourself, that was NOT the one to use............

Edited by MSU158

On 1/15/2020 at 10:03 AM, Wrestlingfan1997 said:

does anyone think he has a shot at winning the title this year?

Not sure if he ever will, but of course he has a shot. As others have already mentioned, he’s a clear #4 right now—which makes him a contender. I believe his chances this year are MUCH better than they are next year. Assuming Suriano, Fix, and Micic come back to 133, I can see him dropping much further than #4 (also assuming DeSanto and Rivera return). Arujau probably bumps up next year too, and I also like him over RBY. 133 could be a ridiculous weight next season. By his senior year, I assume at least Fix and Arujau to be at his weight. 

RBY will probably be a 4x AA, but I would not pick him with very much confidence to win a title in the next 3 years. 

29 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Most of the years?  And you are saying I picked wrong when, with that super strong memory of yours???  Let's see, I picked Iowa all 3 years they won.  PSU 7of8 and tOSU.  That makes me 11-1.  So most years equals 1?  You are 12-0?  Have you even been posting that long?  And if I am such a strong Iowa fan, how is it that I haven't picked them to win it all in 10 years?  Objectivity?

Edited to add even more clarity:  Hell, the one year I picked OkState was as much to spite you PSU sychophants as anything.  I even said as much.  I was more or less trying to will OkState to victory in hopes of shutting you guys up.  Again, saying "My team is going to win" without providing detailed analysis every year except the one they openly "punted" doesn't make you brilliant.  In fact, there are a slew of PSU fans that did the same thing.  If you want to make an argument for yourself, that was NOT the one to use............

Just because you're a fan of a team doesnt mean you would pick them to win...

You claim at Tbar has picked PSU to win because hes a fan, not because they were objectively the best team the years they won. Kind of a stretch. He has picked Iowa to win this season. According to you does that make him less of a PSU fan? Are the Iowa fans who picked PSU to win previous years not true Iowa fans?

At least in your picking of OkieState you pretty much admit you dont choose objectively, out of spite, and jealousy than rational thought.

Choosing your favorite team to win is very different from hoping your team will win.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

11 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

You claim at Tbar has picked PSU to win because hes a fan, not because they were objectively the best team the years they won. Kind of a stretch. He has picked Iowa to win this season. According to you does that make him less of a PSU fan? Are the Iowa fans who picked PSU to win previous years not true Iowa fans?

At least in your picking of OkieState you pretty much admit you dont choose objectively, out of spite, and jealousy than rational thought.

Choosing your favorite team to win is very different from hoping your team will win.

You completely missed the point.   He used the argument to explain away his fandom. He may very well have picked PSU to win solely by wrestling ability.  BUT,  how does picking the team you are a fan of every year, except the time they obviously punted, show that?  It simply does NOT.  It completely leaves the possibility open that fandom factored in. 

That was the point. Everything you added read like gibberish to me as it had nothing to do with what I was saying. 

Finally, how about you let him speak for himself?  Are you related to him?

In the politest way possible, so as not to clog these boards, from now on I will NOT respond to you when you chime in about a conversation between he and I. So, politely, butt out. Please and thank you. 

24 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Logic and reason are not his strong point, BTF. 

50 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Sounds like an admission to NOT being objective. 

7 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Sounds like an admission to NOT being objective. 

Man, it is Like talking to 2 petrified stumps. When you openly make a pick giving that reasoning at the time you did it, which I did, objectivity wasn’t the point......

10 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Logic and reason are not his strong point, BTF. 

See above.   As I am sure most of this board would appreciate, I am done wasting my time with you 2. You guys can get back to pming each other now.....

4 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Man, it is Like talking to 2 petrified stumps. When you openly make a pick giving that reasoning at the time you did it, which I did, objectivity wasn’t the point......

See above.   As I am sure most of this board would appreciate, I am done wasting my time with you 2. You guys can get back to pming each other now.....

Whatever. Not like you have an ounce of objectivity or logic to offer this thread. Emotion, you got lots of that. 

34 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

You completely missed the point.   He used the argument to explain away his fandom. He may very well have picked PSU to win solely by wrestling ability.  BUT,  how does picking the team you are a fan of every year, except the time they obviously punted, show that?  It simply does NOT.  It completely leaves the possibility open that fandom factored in. 

That was the point. Everything you added read like gibberish to me as it had nothing to do with what I was saying. 

Finally, how about you let him speak for himself?  Are you related to him?

In the politest way possible, so as not to clog these boards, from now on I will NOT respond to you when you chime in about a conversation between he and I. So, politely, butt out. Please and thank you. 

Your post is purely speculative and based on the fact you dont like him. You cannot disprove anything he said regarding his picks.

And no I am not related to that. Never met him in person or chatted with him outside these boards. Just because I am defending his stance in this situation does not mean I am related to him. That may be how you do things but I certainly do not.

If you dont want me chiming on these public threads then dont post it publicly. Feel free to have these public conversations via PM. Otherwise I'll chime in when I see fit, hence the very reason message boards exist. I mean this all in the most polite way possible... I dont need to "butt out."

Edited by BigTenFanboy