russelscout

Off topic

We barely can get someone to consistently monitor the post in these boards to keep them “clean.”  As much as I miss it, you are asking a lot more to get someone to constantly monitor the craziness which appeared on the NWT threads.  

With that said:   

Word

Edited by MadMardigain

10 hours ago, JasonBryant said:

NWT board was eliminated before I was hired at USAW in December of 2009.

23 hours ago, Witherman said:

I wonder if this is something we can blame @JasonBryant for

So sounds like was his fault.  They knew what would happen so killed it before he arrived. ;)

Shortly thereafter, TOM started up and there was a huge exodus of posters protesting here. TOM was great those first few years, but has dwindled to nothing but a handful of Iowa and Minny fans. Too bad, many great off topic discussions were had there initially. 

1 hour ago, tigerfan said:

Shortly thereafter, TOM started up and there was a huge exodus of posters protesting here. TOM was great those first few years, but has dwindled to nothing but a handful of Iowa and Minny fans. Too bad, many great off topic discussions were had there initially. 

TOM lost it's way long ago. I got sick of the arguing and fighting over there, the guys conflating idiocy with profundity. There were a handful of guys with some common sense over there, the rest were rightwing jackasses, I can only imagine how bad it is since Trump has been in office.  Finally one day I got sick of the nonsense, changed my password to something I'd never remember, and logged off for the last time. 

Edited by TobusRex

On 1/16/2020 at 12:04 AM, potentiallydangerous said:

Coming to your door for a visit in the near future: the Thought Police®.

It is interesting what the selective censorship is though. If I started talking about why people deserve healthcare this would get locked real quick and I get it. @Marcus Cisero posted some of the most sexist stuff Ive read, calling our female athletes men and saying the equivalent of women belong in the kitchen and are here to look good for men. Not a single eyebrow was raised. 

Edited by russelscout

It is interesting what the selective censorship is though. If I started talking about why people deserve healthcare this would get locked real quick and I get it. @Marcus Cisero posted some of the most sexist stuff Ive read, calling our female athletes men and saying the equivalent of women belong in the kitchen and are here to look good for men. Not a single eyebrow was raised. 

Pretty sure those posts were reported and removed. I can’t seem to find them with a search.