vsnej

The 5 BEST places to watch College Wrestling

...According To Fans

I have been to Lehigh and RU - not the other 3 out of the listed top five.  LU is great, intimate and not a bad view anywhere.  RU/RAC is one of the loudest arenas around and awesome atmosphere.

Rutgers hosts Cornell tonight and will also unveil championship banners for Anthony Ashnault and Nick Suriano - the RAC will be rocking! 

https://www.ncaa.com/news/wrestling/article/2019-09-30/5-best-places-watch-college-wrestling-according-fans?utm_campaign=links-bundle-asset

42 minutes ago, vsnej said:

...According To Fans

I have been to Lehigh and RU - not the other 3 out of the listed top five.  LU is great, intimate and not a bad view anywhere.  RU/RAC is one of the loudest arenas around and awesome atmosphere.

Rutgers hosts Cornell tonight and will also unveil championship banners for Anthony Ashnault and Nick Suriano - the RAC will be rocking! 

https://www.ncaa.com/news/wrestling/article/2019-09-30/5-best-places-watch-college-wrestling-according-fans?utm_campaign=links-bundle-asset

Was not at all impressed with RU/RAC as a place to watch wrestling. :(

2 hours ago, SetonHallPirate said:

Clearly, none of you have ever been to the Holshouser Building at the North Carolina State Fairgrounds.

The atmosphere for that 2016 dual win over Missouri was unbelievable.  Best atmosphere I've ever experienced.  I was legit worried the riser I was sitting on was going to collapse at one point.  

3 minutes ago, JohnG said:

The atmosphere for that 2016 dual win over Missouri was unbelievable.  Best atmosphere I've ever experienced.  I was legit worried the riser I was sitting on was going to collapse at one point.  

The dual against Virginia Tech was great as well.  It’s probably not going to happen but it would be fun to wrestle one dual a year in that building. 

Simply from a layout/size standpoint Ohio State’s Covelli Center is pretty fantastic.  No bad seats.  All angled to the center.  No obstructions.  Fans are very close, which may also be the one drawback: it needs a little more room mat side for the wrestlers safety since the mat is elevated.

... I would "object" to that BIG GUY w/ the shaved head, full beard, and the sleeve tats, that comes on and hollers at the crowd in between matches at that Cannoli Ctr.

BUT, I'm afraid he would beat the $*h*!*t of moi! {:-0

D3

21 hours ago, D3 for LU said:

... I would "object" to that BIG GUY w/ the shaved head, full beard, and the sleeve tats, that comes on and hollers at the crowd in between matches at that Cannoli Ctr.

BUT, I'm afraid he would beat the $*h*!*t of moi! {:-0

D3

And wears his street shoes when he walks across the mat meant for the athletes.  That has always pissed me off, even — or especially — when coaches do it.

I ignore him but the interesting part of the intros is what music each athlete picks.  Pletcher comes in to something by Garth Brooks that is the least “psych up” music I have heard.

D3, speaking of announcers, I find it really annoying, unoriginal and bush league the way Lehigh's announcer elongates each Lehigh wrestler's name when he introduces him at the time of his bout.  Something you'd expect at a "pro" wrestling match.

Edited by witwhiz

15 minutes ago, witwhiz said:

D3, speaking of announcers, I find it really annoying, unoriginal and bush league the way Lehigh's announcer elongates each Lehigh wrestler's name when he introduces him at the time of his bout.  Something you'd expect at a "pro" wrestling match.

I hadn't noticed that he did that before last night.