jerseywrestling

Ohio State vs Wisconsin Tonight on the BTN

6 hours ago, potentiallydangerous said:

Wrestlestat has Wisconsin winning 18-15, I think it will be closer, maybe 19-19, decided by criteria.

I'm not impressed with how Wrestlestat does it's ranking or predictions. It's a flawed algorithm whatever it is...

2 minutes ago, DocBZ said:

I'm not impressed with how Wrestlestat does it's ranking or predictions. It's a flawed algorithm whatever it is...

That’s also without Sebastian who would have been favored to win if you switch that match to decision it’s 19-16.

It made me chuckle that they played the clip of Bono saying “get them to the 3rd period then take them to the ocean” or whatever it was. Then the announcer kept saying it. But in the 3rd period tOSU wrestlers kept scoring at the end to get/avoid bonus points. I guess it’s safe to say that tOSU is adequately conditioning their wrestlers. 

4 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

It made me chuckle that they played the clip of Bono saying “get them to the 3rd period then take them to the ocean” or whatever it was. Then the announcer kept saying it. But in the 3rd period tOSU wrestlers kept scoring at the end to get/avoid bonus points. I guess it’s safe to say that tOSU is adequately conditioning their wrestlers. 

i think bono stole that line from ryan. Tom Ryans favorite line "take them to deep waters"

osu #2 dual team in nation. Jordan big upgrade over Hoffman. Where they don't have an all american they at least have someone serviceable and not swiss cheese. Few positions that could be upgraded, namely 125 and 165, but no massive holes.

4 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Think it was “take them to deep waters and drown them”

sounded overly rehearsed to me , didn’t fire me up or his team

1 minute ago, Mohammer said:

Yeah that’s it. That’s the second time recently I can remember a coach harping on how well his athletes are conditioned. The other one was the live interview with Rob Koll when Max Dean was wrestling Drew Foster in the NCAA finals. Koll was extremely confident Deans conditioning would prevail in that match.

Spoiler alert for Koll and Bono: for the most part division 1 wrestlers are going to be similarly conditioned to your wrestlers. 

5 hours ago, treep2000 said:

Ethan Smith is knocking on the door consistently on the Top 8 at 165.  He may be one of the best outside that meat grinder.  Like his progression and how he just keeps fighting.

Ever since last year as a RS freshman he has always been able to get in shots at the ppl he wrestled, his problem is that he constantly can’t finish those shots for takedowns.... when he learns to finish he’ll be an automatic AA.

8 hours ago, goheels1812 said:

I guess it’s safe to say that tOSU is adequately conditioning their wrestlers. 

Funny, about a month ago some commented how tosu looked out of shape.    Hoping to peak affects everything from conditioning to recovery.  

surprised no one mentioned the takedown taken away from pletcher

what a load of crap.

did moran stop wrestling when two was awarded? i mean yeah it wasn't two when given, but as wrestling continued... two was there and moran didn't stop defending

not sure about this... this could be a problem later on.

almost belichikian

I love Pletcher and feel he has continued to improve.  But Moran doesn't match up well with him at all.  Woods, Lee and Pletcher will all be very close.  

Bucks did a nice job on the road.  They scored in matches where they were underdogs and took away momentum from Wisconsin in the rest.  Rocky Jordan will continue to improve at 184.  but 125 and 157 remain issues.  I like Heinselman a lot but he's just too small for the style he wrestles at 125.  Cleary is the right guy for the weight (Kinner is a 141/149) from a size perspective.  He just isn't dynamic.  

Kharchla comes out of redshirt next year at 165 which sets up an issue for Bucks.  They'll have Kharchla, Smith, Romero and the Rock for only three weight classes.  

Bucks also need to see if moving Gavin Hoffman up to 197 will help him rediscover his mojo.  Gas tank has one more season which means Singletary might drop to 197 as well.  GTG has excellent hips.  He could be in AA contention with continued progress come next year.  Then again, it's a deep weight.  

34 minutes ago, GockeS said:

surprised no one mentioned the takedown taken away from pletcher

what a load of crap.

did moran stop wrestling when two was awarded? i mean yeah it wasn't two when given, but as wrestling continued... two was there and moran didn't stop defending

not sure about this... this could be a problem later on.

almost belichikian

Was the right call. If you don't like the rule, blame the rule, and certainly the committee will be discussing it next offseason (rules are only changed in odd years).

27 minutes ago, silvermedal said:

I love Pletcher and feel he has continued to improve.  But Moran doesn't match up well with him at all.  Woods, Lee and Pletcher will all be very close.  

Bucks did a nice job on the road.  They scored in matches where they were underdogs and took away momentum from Wisconsin in the rest.  Rocky Jordan will continue to improve at 184.  but 125 and 157 remain issues.  I like Heinselman a lot but he's just too small for the style he wrestles at 125.  Cleary is the right guy for the weight (Kinner is a 141/149) from a size perspective.  He just isn't dynamic.  

Kharchla comes out of redshirt next year at 165 which sets up an issue for Bucks.  They'll have Kharchla, Smith, Romero and the Rock for only three weight classes.  

Bucks also need to see if moving Gavin Hoffman up to 197 will help him rediscover his mojo.  Gas tank has one more season which means Singletary might drop to 197 as well.  GTG has excellent hips.  He could be in AA contention with continued progress come next year.  Then again, it's a deep weight.  

Most of Hoffman’s mojo precollege was rolling around and scrambling off others offense, so far at this level his rolling around not working. He has to hit the weights and start taking his own shots instead of scrambling off others. 

12 hours ago, Mohammer said:

You can get a good look at a steak by sticking you head up a butcher's .....er....I mean you can get a good look at a butcher by sticking your head up a bull's.....er....I mean...I suck at sales.