Perry

Current SR P4P

6 minutes ago, Wrestlingfan1997 said:

This is disrespectful. Spencer lee is top 5 for sure 

Eh Spencer looked fantastic against NATO and Vito. But that was his first freestyle competition in a long long time. Who would you move him in front of? He hasn’t beat Fix or Gilman head to head and those guys have accomplished more internationally than Spencer has. 

Just now, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Can't tell if you're joking or not...

Lee is "for sure" better than one of our senior level world champs?

Spencer lee is an absolute monster. He is better than Snyder, Stevenson, green, fix, and gwiz. A few others are debatable. I see lee becoming the best ever though by the end of his career.

1 minute ago, Wrestlingfan1997 said:

Spencer lee is an absolute monster. He is better than Snyder, Stevenson, green, fix, and gwiz. A few others are debatable. I see lee becoming the best ever though by the end of his career.

Yeah this isn’t gonna end well for you. I appreciate the hubris though. 

1 minute ago, Wrestlingfan1997 said:

Did you see lee decimate everyone at his last tournament against quality opponents?

I ask again, which of the five world champions from this cycle who have combined for 20 medals and 13 gold at the world championship do you put him over due to his gold at the US OTT qualifier?

Fair comments about steveson being where he is, I nust thinking freestyle him and gwiz are close (and thought it would generate some dialogue, admittedly).

I am sorry to say I forgot about JO and would have him and Yianni both listed as HM as well.

The guy losing his load on lee has already been called on his nonsense opinion so I will leave that one alone

5 hours ago, Lurker said:

I ask again, which of the five world champions from this cycle who have combined for 20 medals and 13 gold at the world championship do you put him over due to his gold at the US OTT qualifier?

It's a p4p list not a lifetime achievement list. 

1. Cox

2. Dake

3. Taylor

4. JB

5. Snyder

6. Fix/Gilman 

8. Oliver

9. Gwiz

10. Imar

HM. Ringer, S. Lee, Zain, Valencia

Once ringer gets adjusted to the weight and starts producing noteworthy results I see him being somewhere in the 5-8 range. I wanted to put Lee on here but more needs to be seen from him. He simply needs to beat better competition whether that's domestic or international guys which I expect him to. 

I originally had Zain and Zahid on the list but I remembered Gwiz has medaled multiple times to Zains goosegg. JO seems to be hitting his stride but this has been said before about him. Zahid has tons of potential and seems to be on the right track but just like lee I need to see more from him. Obviously him being in college still mitigates his opportunities to seek top flight world level competition but I suspect he is right there with them.

Edited by BTC

6 hours ago, Wrestlingfan1997 said:

Did you see lee decimate everyone at his last tournament against quality opponents?

Your certainly not humble about your allegiance to Lee but he needs to show us more than just that 1tournament against domestic competition.

8 hours ago, AZ_wrestling said:

Ringer has beaten some of the best in the world at 79, even relatively recently. Gable has never beaten anyone ranked in the top 25. 

Bingo.  Plus Gable has basically gotten pecker slapped the last two times he’s competed overseas... 

9 hours ago, BTC said:

It's a p4p list not a lifetime achievement list. 

1. Cox

2. Dake

3. Taylor

4. JB

5. Snyder

6. Fix/Gilman 

8. Oliver

9. Gwiz

10. Imar

HM. Ringer, S. Lee, Zain, Valencia

Once ringer gets adjusted to the weight and starts producing noteworthy results I see him being somewhere in the 5-8 range. I wanted to put Lee on here but more needs to be seen from him. He simply needs to beat better competition whether that's domestic or international guys which I expect him to. 

I originally had Zain and Zahid on the list but I remembered Gwiz has medaled multiple times to Zains goosegg. JO seems to be hitting his stride but this has been said before about him. Zahid has tons of potential and seems to be on the right track but just like lee I need to see more from him. Obviously him being in college still mitigates his opportunities to seek top flight world level competition but I suspect he is right there with them.

So achieving world championships doesn’t factor into p4p rankings?  They seem to be since you have the five champs in the top five as well. Not really sure what your point to me was.