Crash

Matteo Pelicone Rome -- Saturday Thread

I’m so impressed with Zahids continued development. He just keeps getting better every time he takes the mat in freestyle. I’m starting to wonder what a match with him and a healthy Taylor will look like. I’m sure Taylor will win, but Zahid is looking really game right now. 

20 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

But Colon’s gut is much better. 

Colon's gut is excellent and I love to see when he hits it. But I don't think it's much better than Dake's.

Dake just wrapped up a multi (iirc) World medalist with relative ease. I would say Colon and Dake both have world class guts.  

2 minutes ago, nom said:

Can someone explain why, after Dake’s laces, they started again in center in par terre?  

Because Dakes opponent was called for fleeing the mat from the par terre position. Dake was awarded 1 point and they restarted from the center of the mat in par terre.

1 minute ago, nom said:

Can someone explain why, after Dake’s laces, they started again in center in par terre?  

Cause Demirtas crawled out of bounds while they were still down on the mat with Dake on top, so he and got hit with caution and 1 and put back down. So we saw a beautiful takedown transitioned right into a lace and then a killer gut for the tech fall.

Well I thought that if Fix had stayed on the gas a bit more he could've pulled it out in his Bronze medal match. I was disappointed with the tactics he employed in that match. 

Gilman, kind of the same deal, I thought after spending some overseas, and having some good results at the tourneys he's been in, I thought that he would have been more offensive with some new attacks, but I thought he was kind of the same. 

Colon, I said this about him before, he's just a tough dude, he's got that junkyard dog mentality, and with his defense that he can turn to his own scores, he's always dangerous. I will be looking forward to seeing how he does in April. 

McKenna, pretty good performance but he is going to have to find a way to finish better if he's going to get to the next level. 

Zain, he was kind of all over the place, and his Bronze medal match was pretty sloppy, hopefully he can clean it up. He's talented and tough, and can win matches at the World level, but if he is going to have a chance at a World medal or title, he's going to have to figure out to score and control these matches. 

J.O. Good tourney, you can see that he is right on the cusp of it all, but he has to be able to hang for a full 6 minutes with the Barjang's of the World. 

JG, he had a great tourney at the Alan's, I am not sure what happened here, unfortunately for him, I think that he's got a very tough uphill battle domestically for him at 74, but hat's off to him that he's out there trying. 

Dake, well he was kind of just doing the minimum until the finals where he absolutely steam rolled his opponent. So maybe it's a weight cut thing, and the extra time gave him the much needed hydration/nutrition. But Dake is Dake, so it's him or JB going to Tokyo. 

Massa, like Gilman had been overseas and had competed pretty well, not sure what happened today. But Massa although a very good wrestler, he also has a very tough task of making the team at this weight. 

PD3, looks good, and I thought he was in solid control in that Bronze medal match until he tried a throw and threw himself on his back, fortunately it does seem that PD3's gas tank isn't the liability it had been years ago. 

Dieringer, is good, and you can see that he has is very successful on international level, but with him losing to the Z Man makes me think that domestically he is on the outside looking in, maybe he can have a better performance in April. 

Z Man, well I will just say it, he looks like he's going to be right in the thick of things come April. Very impressed with him today. He handled Erdin who is a very accomplished guy, so big feather in his cap. 

12 minutes ago, de4856 said:

Well I thought that if Fix had stayed on the gas a bit more he could've pulled it out in his Bronze medal match. I was disappointed with the tactics he employed in that match. 

Gilman, kind of the same deal, I thought after spending some overseas, and having some good results at the tourneys he's been in, I thought that he would have been more offensive with some new attacks, but I thought he was kind of the same. 

Colon, I said this about him before, he's just a tough dude, he's got that junkyard dog mentality, and with his defense that he can turn to his own scores, he's always dangerous. I will be looking forward to seeing how he does in April. 

McKenna, pretty good performance but he is going to have to find a way to finish better if he's going to get to the next level. 

Zain, he was kind of all over the place, and his Bronze medal match was pretty sloppy, hopefully he can clean it up. He's talented and tough, and can win matches at the World level, but if he is going to have a chance at a World medal or title, he's going to have to figure out to score and control these matches. 

J.O. Good tourney, you can see that he is right on the cusp of it all, but he has to be able to hang for a full 6 minutes with the Barjang's of the World. 

JG, he had a great tourney at the Alan's, I am not sure what happened here, unfortunately for him, I think that he's got a very tough uphill battle domestically for him at 74, but hat's off to him that he's out there trying. 

Dake, well he was kind of just doing the minimum until the finals where he absolutely steam rolled his opponent. So maybe it's a weight cut thing, and the extra time gave him the much needed hydration/nutrition. But Dake is Dake, so it's him or JB going to Tokyo. 

Massa, like Gilman had been overseas and had competed pretty well, not sure what happened today. But Massa although a very good wrestler, he also has a very tough task of making the team at this weight. 

PD3, looks good, and I thought he was in solid control in that Bronze medal match until he tried a throw and threw himself on his back, fortunately it does seem that PD3's gas tank isn't the liability it had been years ago. 

Dieringer, is good, and you can see that he has is very successful on international level, but with him losing to the Z Man makes me think that domestically he is on the outside looking in, maybe he can have a better performance in April. 

Z Man, well I will just say it, he looks like he's going to be right in the thick of things come April. Very impressed with him today. He handled Erdin who is a very accomplished guy, so big feather in his cap. 

Good breakdown

Edited by CA_Wrestler

4 hours ago, 2td3nf said:

Colon's gut is excellent and I love to see when he hits it. But I don't think it's much better than Dake's.

Dake just wrapped up a multi (iirc) World medalist with relative ease. I would say Colon and Dake both have world class guts.  

see earlier comment where I said I didn't me "much" in the literal since. 

I think Dake read the naysayers on this forum about how 74kg Dake is not the same as 79kg Dake.  Tomfoolery I tell you!  Tomfoolery!

What makes you think Dake was not 79kg by the finals?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, scramble said:

see earlier comment where I said I didn't me "much" in the literal since. 

The only meaning of “much” that makes any since the way you used it is “not”. I’m willing to give you the benefit of the doubt since I know you have good since. 

Rewatching the earlier rounds while taking on the honey-do list today. Those who say Gilman wasn't offensive clearly only watched the semis and finals against domestic opponents. He absolutely lit up the competition in his first two rounds and was offensive throughout both matches. And in my opinion, was more offensive than both Fix and Colon (Fix's non-committal shots where he doesn't even come close to getting past head/hands don't really trip my trigger).

Edited by wrestlingphish