Crash

Matteo Pelicone Rome -- Saturday Thread

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

Need a play by play for the finals please folks. At my boys bday party.

Bajrang just beat JO. They were stuck in a crazy ass position for almost 60 seconds where Oliver had to ultimately bridge off his back to avoid getting pinned by Bajrang's leg. Crazy. 

I'm so confused... Bajarang counters to get exposure on Oliver and then they sit in a stalemate for a full minute in a half with neither guy doing anything.  I guess I don't fully understand freestyle rules.  I feel like JO got screwed even though I know that probably isn't the case.

1 minute ago, lost said:

I'm so confused... Bajarang counters to get exposure on Oliver and then they sit in a stalemate for a full minute in a half with neither guy doing anything.  I guess I don't fully understand freestyle rules.  I feel like JO got screwed even though I know that probably isn't the case.

JO was in danger... they will not stop the sequence if you are in danger of getting pinned

Just now, goheels1812 said:

Well that was a weird match. The ref was following JO after the match putting his hands on JOs shoulders and JO was not interested in it. 

He also tried to call JO for stalling when JO was taking shots and scoring in the first period.  That whole match was bizarre..

9 minutes ago, lost said:

Weird camera angle prevented us from seeing Oliver's head and shoulders. Bajrang had him in trouble and definitely earned it though. 

Edited by TBar1977

I thought JO looked pretty good.  I felt like he should have got 2 when he go stuck on his back.  I thought the initial exposure was his, but then he gave up 2 when he got tipped back over and caught on his back.  He was in a couple of times.  He is right there, and could be a medal threat at the Olympics.  I think Yianni is a threat to.  My feeling of Zain not so much anymore because he seems to have to many mistakes to not lose a match he shouldn't somewhere in the competition. 

I really don’t know what to think about America at 65 kg. Between JO, Zain, and Yianni we have depth, but I doubt any of them will medal at this point. JO in that match reverted to his old ways a little. He let the ref frustrate him and was fussing with Kenny Monday about something in the middle of the match. That’s stuff I thought this new and improved JO had eliminated. But the first time he faced adversity it reared its ugly head again.

If somehow we could take JOs offensive skillset and mix it with Zains mentality and Yiannis scrambling ability we’d have a gold medal American rep at 65 kg!

I am rooting for JO to have a break out spring and summer.  He has always been one of my favorite wrestlers to watch.  The two times I have seen him wrestle Bajarang, he gets a lead in the first and seems to stop wrestling in the second.  I am sure part of it is Bajarang adjustments.  The 60 seconds on his back didn't help, but got to hand it to Bajarang for eating up the time.