Crash

Matteo Pelicone Rome -- Saturday Thread

11 minutes ago, LJB said:

all the earlier dake talk can not be forgotten...

damn...

even showed legitimate par terre technique... i am swooning a little over here...

Dake has always had very good, if not excellent par terre. A few years ago at MSG, Dake gutted the reigning Greco World champ from Armenia and actually had the lead in that Greco match. However, Arsen came back and gutted Dake to win the close match.  

2 minutes ago, 2td3nf said:

Dake has always had very good, if not excellent par terre. A few years ago at MSG, Dake gutted the reigning Greco World champ from Armenia and actually had the lead in that Greco match. However, Arsen came back and gutted Dake to win the close match.  

But Colon’s gut is much better. 

Hard to believe an average junior high dual in a non wrestling state would have a bigger crowd than the qualifier for the Olympics.  Maybe if the rest of the world changed to our style of wrestling it might become a little more popular.  

10 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Could not disagree more. But to each his own. Dake has always had a good gut. The laces were the surprise, not the gut. Colon couldn’t come close to turning Gilman with a full wrap and decent time to do so. 

9 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

And LOL at not just better but “much” better. No, home skillet, no. 

yeah, the word much, was a bit much.  haha..  I didn't mean it in a literal way, but it does read like that.

I know many people dislike Downey, but he’s added some really nice depth for America at 86 kg. He reminds me a little of Evan Henderson at 65 kg. The upper tier guys will usually beat him (like in his match with ringer), but they know he’s going to put up one hell of a fight. 

18 minutes ago, scramble said:

Eh... lol...  I still think Colon's is much better.  Now if we are talking laces... those laces were nice.  Dake had that guy broke after the first 7 points. 

dake showed real technique... getting dude going... then switching sides... doing everything right... didn't see colon do that...

Just now, goheels1812 said:

I know many people dislike Downey, but he’s added some really nice depth for America at 86 kg. He reminds me a little of Evan Henderson at 65 kg. The upper tier guys will usually beat him (like in his match with ringer), but they know he’s going to put up one hell of a fight. 

Personally I love the Downey we’ve seen in the last 18 months. 

focused, improving and putting together some nice performances. 

1 minute ago, Witherman said:

Personally I love the Downey we’ve seen in the last 18 months. 

focused, improving and putting together some nice performances. 

Agreed. I don’t know that he will ever break through to competing with the upper tier of guys like Taylor and Cox (if he goes 86kg like everyone is thinking). But I do think he can give Zahid and Ringer good go’s every time they meet. And I wouldn’t be shocked if he beat one of them a time or two. Iron sharpens iron.