Lurker

Cox tweet

Well-balanced diet, especially from lower-carb Metabolic Meals, pretty much confirms a cut to me. You're not that worried about balance when you're bulking... plenty of calories to go around. 

Metabolic Meals is an awesome service, especially if you're trying to cut or maintain weight. A little pricey but great alternative to regular food delivery options. I order regularly from them.

5 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

I'm glad he's making money, but that looks worse than elementary school cafeteria pizza.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

One of the replies on the tweet was “Is that Totinos party pizza?”  Metameals responded “this man is getting ready for the Olympics...not a sleepover!”  Thought both were funny. 

5 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Glad he is getting his meals delivered for him if that is what he enjoys. My wife and I enjoy making meals just like those meals at half  to three fourths the price. 

I do this as well. Over the weekend do a lot of meal preps and have three homes I deliver to each Sunday. Don’t make a ton of cash in hand but my family eats pretty close to free (five kids in the house), meals are ready throughout the week...and I really like to cook. So it’s a nice little set up. 

19 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I do this as well. Over the weekend do a lot of meal preps and have three homes I deliver to each Sunday. Don’t make a ton of cash in hand but my family eats pretty close to free (five kids in the house), meals are ready throughout the week...and I really like to cook. So it’s a nice little set up. 

My wife and I do a lot of things together from working out together to hiking and climbing together. Cooking together is also something we really enjoy. 

I guess we still don't know for sure but seems like J'den is telling us he's going down to 86kg from this tweet.

Not second guessing J'den's decision, he obviously knows his body better than I do (I don't even know what his walk around weight is), and he's a 2x World champ and 4x medalist in 4 tries, so I'm sure he knows the best decision for himself.

But as a fan looking at this big picture, I thought going up to 97 (weight-management and performance-wise, not factoring in certain competitors) would have been an easier route. 97kg = 213.4lbs, 92kg = 202.4lbs and 86kg = 189.2lbs.

Again, I have no idea what J'den's normal weight is, but basing it from 92 kilos, either eat nice healthy foods at will, pack on 11lbs of muscle and focus on wrestling, not weight cutting, and then compete on 100% horsepower. Or go through that dreadful cut of 13.2lbs (maybe it's not that dreadful?, idk) and have to stay down there for a 2 day competition. 

Fascinating decision imo.

40 minutes ago, 2td3nf said:

But as a fan looking at this big picture, I thought going up to 97 (weight-management and performance-wise, not factoring in certain competitors) would have been an easier route. 97kg = 213.4lbs, 92kg = 202.4lbs and 86kg = 189.2lbs.

The man needs Olympic gold to complete the NCAA-World-Olympic trifecta. He is already a hall of famer but will become a legend once (not if) he achieves that. 

86 kg: needs to beat DT, whom he already beat at 86 kg. Then has an Iranian DT smashed twice as his biggest threat. 

97 kg: needs to beat Snyder, whom he has never beat at a weight in which Cox will not have his usual strength advantage. Then he has an Iranian that just embarrassed Snyder and a Russian that did what the Iranian did to Snyder even more easily.

Easy peasy choice. 

Edited by wrestlingnerd

19 minutes ago, Tofurky said:

It probably makes more sense to him to be a very large 86 kilos instead of a small 97 kilos. I support J'Den's choice either way.

Could very well be, we'll see.

Just one more thing and I'll shut up on this topic. Both times J'den went down to 86 at Olympics and Worlds, he didn't make it out of the semis, and that was with a day before one-time weigh-in. Now he has to weigh in at 86 and stay down there and then compete against the best in the world, starting right here in the USA . Not saying he can't do it.

Ok, now I'll shut up on this and sit back and enjoy J'den's run, where ever he goes.

(Nerd, just saw your reply. Didn't J'den beat Mohammadian at least twice already? So Mohammadian can beat Snyder but J'den can't?...........and I totally understand what you're saying Nerd, just playing the other side of the coin.)  

3 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Well-balanced diet, especially from lower-carb Metabolic Meals, pretty much confirms a cut to me. You're not that worried about balance when you're bulking... plenty of calories to go around. 

Metabolic Meals is an awesome service, especially if you're trying to cut or maintain weight. A little pricey but great alternative to regular food delivery options. I order regularly from them.

Thanks WN. If Cox achieved nothing else, he (with some help from you) just go me to try Metabolic Meals. It could help me get back in fighting shape. 

ps Cox I think everyone is wrong about the cut. To me it looks like he’s going to 74kg. 

6 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

How are the portions and flavor?

What the hell is wrong with the elementary school cafeteria Pizza? Lol
I actually liked it as a kid. But the cheese was basically just a sheet of plastic that slid off the crust when you bit into it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

Mohammadian was suspended from 2015 to 2019, I'm quite sure he never wrestled Cox. that's probably Karimi you are talking about. he is 0-4 against Cox.

You're probably right. I posted without researching and obviously mixed them up. 

Besides, I have you as the Iran wrestling expert on these boards.    :)

On 1/18/2020 at 8:35 AM, TBar1977 said:

Glad he is getting his meals delivered for him if that is what he enjoys. My wife and I enjoy making meals just like those meals at half  to three fourths the price. 

At our house my wife serves Totinos 7-10 times per week.  But it's the Red Baron she does for thanksgiving...Only special occasions.   

Cox did not look healthy in that picture to me.  Too lean.  I hope he can maintain strength.  I think Taylor  wins if they are both in the OTT's.  It's gotta be a real bummer to be a tweener with WC's on either side, even if you are a WC yourself.

Is it possible Cox looks at the Rome results and decides to go up to challenge Snyder?  After seeing that pic, I think that would be the smarter thing to do.

mspart