Sign in to follow this  

Alex

17 hours ago, ConnorsDad said:

Absolutely. He was way smaller than his opponent in the first bout. He is not going to be big at all for for 86kg.

Great wrestler, but Zahid looked to be horsing Alex when he didn't need to. I don't mean that in a negative way. That's just Zahid's style and skill level.

Dieringer wrestled very well making the finals and beat Kurbanov along the way, but it’s amazing what a 7kg difference from 79 to 86 makes. Not to take anything from Downey, but I was expecting Ringer to tech him.

Downey and Ringer work out together so familiarity played a big part in the low score. Props to Downey for executing a low-scoring gameplan but it wasn't as close as the score indicated.

2 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Downey and Ringer work out together so familiarity played a big part in the low score. Props to Downey for executing a low-scoring gameplan but it wasn't as close as the score indicated.

Yeah I watched it this morning. I noted, Downey had 0 offense for the match, that's 0 exaggeration, really tried for a few push-outs but that's about it. But... he did keep Ringer from scoring and kept the score close, had he been able to fall into one towards the end, he could've pulled the win out. If anything, he didn't wrestle stupid and really "tried' hard....
I'm not a Downey fan, and think he has a low ceiling, but was really impressed by the effort.
That said, PD3 lacks the talent.
Ringer greatly lacks the size.... to the point, I would've liked to see him go down, although as he has said in the past, its too hard.
Hopefully moving forward he becomes our staple at 79kg and we have a little run of something like
Dake
Ringer
Taylor
Cox
Snyder
in Non Olympic years....

37 minutes ago, DuckFor2 said:

anyone think Zahid will challenge Taylor? He is definitely in form right now.

If he gets to DT, I’m not counting him out. He can be so hot/cold, though. Look at his series against Ringer. Destruction, 2 matches to none. Then gets destroyed 2 matches to none. Really got whooped so badly I had no words. Then wins convincingly. Peak Zahid is game and can give anyone a good run. See Kyle Dake. 

Edited by wrestlingnerd