ionel

Can Nebraska really ...

win any matches at CHA?

Wrestlestats has White beating Marinelli.  In Carver ... you gotta be kidding me, Marinelli doesn't lose in the CHA! 

They also have NE winning 184, well ok maybe, perhaps IA should use the Nelson he has never lost there, but still sure there's a chance at 184 but ya gotta account for the 'Carver factor.'

What say ye wise posters?

Edited by ionel

White over Marinelli? Not seeing that. 

Nebraska has an edge at 184. They have a chance at 174 and 197. Red can beat Murin, but not sure if he can overcome the Carvermania after Lee and Desanto get the crowd going.

Edited by TBar1977

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Well sure, anywhere else, but in Carver?!

Red completely controlled Murin in their only meeting in the R12 last year. He's a tough match up for him and I think Red is wrestling well this year. Murin has looked really good, but hasn't seen a ton of top guys yet. Finishing and getting off bottom will be crucial for Murin. Red put a good ride on him at NCAAs and is very tough to finish on.

There will be some hard fought matches, but it will be very lopsided and Nebraska will be hard pressed to win a match.  This will be more indicative of how good Iowa is than how bad Nebraska is, because NU is a great dual team.  The best chances for NU are Red and Venz, and the Carver crowd will factor into those.  Everywhere else that Nebraska is good, (149-174, really), Iowa has someone better.

4 minutes ago, Perry said:

Watching refs call stallingnin CHA is comical. Stand up and escape, get shoved out of bounds and get hit for stalling. Laughable. 

There is something to be said about holding position. If you get pushed all the way across the mat out of bounds you are getting worked. 

Just now, Perry said:

Make that 2 minutes and a nonsense PD call when he started getting turned with an armbar. Russel you are a hawk fan and I get it, but his head did not leave the mat. It was blatant.

I agree he looked like Drexel desanto on bottom tonight, looked exhausted walking off the mat too something you don’t see with him very often, any other arena he probably gets hit a time or 2 in the 3rd