ionel

Can Nebraska really ...

7 minutes ago, russelscout said:

When a bottom guy is not able to get out, is losing riding time and getting hit for stalling, I dont think that is good thing in general. You are rewarding the top guy too much when he is making little effort to turn.

I've seen top guys (who were working) get hit for stalling in CHA, of course they weren't wearing black

1 minute ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Except when its a hawkeye

Ok, show me where I said that? Show me where I am claiming the bottom guy is stalling against an Iowa guy. You wont find it. 

Seriously  what do you add BTFB? You never actually adress what is being said. You just bring up any negative stereotype involved with Iowa and try to tie me too it? Get lost dude.

6 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Ok, show me where I said that? Show me where I am claiming the bottom guy is stalling against an Iowa guy. You wont find it. 

Seriously  what do you add BTFB? You never actually adress what is being said. You just bring up any negative stereotype involved with Iowa and try to tie me too it? Get lost dude.

You would.

I add another voice to the many that conversations that go on here. 

Nope, wont get lost.

1 minute ago, Perry said:

Ref just decided stall counts on dropping to a single leg on top doesn't apply to Iowa 

There are no stall calls that count against Iowa in CHA, that's just the rules.  If Marinelli were wearing a different color would've been called for stalling on top.

3 minutes ago, Perry said:

You end up on a single leg it is supposed to start the 5 second count. Ref didn't count to 1. It was irrelevant to the final outcome just more terrible officiating by this guy

I thought the count stops if you have it elevated. Is that not the case?

Do you know @SetonHallPirate?

Edited by russelscout

2 minutes ago, ionel said:

There are no stall calls that count against Iowa in CHA, that's just the rules.  If Marinelli were wearing a different color would've been called for stalling on top.

So an elevated leg does not stop the count or do any of you even know?

"Art. 12. Stalling by Dropping Down to a Lower Leg. When the offensive wrestler positions himself with one or both hands below the buttocks of the defensive wrestler, the referee shall immediately start a verbal five-second count. Whenever possible, the referee also should include a visual indication of the count. The referee shall stop the count when the offensive wrestler improves his position, moves his hold back up above the buttocks of the defensive wrestler, releases the hold or when both wrestlers rise to the standing position. If the referee reaches the fifth count before the offensive wrestler improves his position, moves his hold back up above the buttocks or releases the hold, then the offensive wrestler shall be called for stalling."

7 minutes ago, SetonHallPirate said:

"Art. 12. Stalling by Dropping Down to a Lower Leg. When the offensive wrestler positions himself with one or both hands below the buttocks of the defensive wrestler, the referee shall immediately start a verbal five-second count. Whenever possible, the referee also should include a visual indication of the count. The referee shall stop the count when the offensive wrestler improves his position, moves his hold back up above the buttocks of the defensive wrestler, releases the hold or when both wrestlers rise to the standing position. If the referee reaches the fifth count before the offensive wrestler improves his position, moves his hold back up above the buttocks or releases the hold, then the offensive wrestler shall be called for stalling."

So yes the count stops... that would be the standing position correct?

Btw, thanks. Im out of reactions for the day.

Edited by russelscout

3 minutes ago, russelscout said:

So yes the count stops... that would be the standing position correct?

The way I read it then, yes. I will eat crow and admit I was wrong unless someone proves something i do not see

Just now, Perry said:

I thought ASSAD looked really good

I had doubted this move would work and was maybe a mistake. So far that was better offense than Cash has ever shown. Good for Iowa, but really good for Assad. After Midlands I wasnt convince he was AA material. Maybe he is.