Aviator12

Gavin Hoffman

Kind of crazy Hoffman wrestled at 184 just a few weeks ago and he’s weighing in close to 215 today.

Hes gonna go from killing himself to feasting like a king diet wise in just a matter of a few weeks.

Edited by Aviator12

There's been some weird stuff in Columbus this year....Kinner from 141 to 133 and now 157....Hoffman from 184 to Hvy....Rock Jordan from 174 to 184....Ethan Smith from 174 to 165...Jordan Decatur was rumored to be cutting to 125 and allegedly struggles to make 133....and yet the team looked terrific this weekend beating solid Wisconsin and Illinois teams with relative ease.  

I have stood next to Hoffman last spring at the UWW Open in Vegas. I cant speak of anyone's metabolism because some people can't cut weight as well but he has no business wrestling anywhere but 184. He may have wrestled at 220 his senior year of high school but he's too short and does not have that much muscle. You only need to look at his duel a few weeks ago against Cornell. I guess 197 next year is an option but IMO he will be a small 197.

3 hours ago, Gantry said:

I mean he gained 27 pounds since losing to Zahid 13 days ago - unless he went on a Leaving Las Vegas style bender at Old Country Buffett the last two weeks I don't think he'll be small at 197.  That's clearly a guy who was cutting too much weight to make 184. 

It's not how much weight he's cutting it's the type of weight. He's nowhere near as big as most 197's.

20 hours ago, ConnorsDad said:

I have stood next to Hoffman last spring at the UWW Open in Vegas. I cant speak of anyone's metabolism because some people can't cut weight as well but he has no business wrestling anywhere but 184. He may have wrestled at 220 his senior year of high school but he's too short and does not have that much muscle. You only need to look at his duel a few weeks ago against Cornell. I guess 197 next year is an option but IMO he will be a small 197.

The HVY tails he kicked yesterday beg to differ.

On 1/19/2020 at 9:13 PM, ConnorsDad said:

I think he's a little bigger than you give him credit for.  He's a couple inches taller than Moore, for instance. I agree he'll need to add some good size for 197 but he has some time. 

Being an effective heavyweight is probably a pipe dream, but they've got to do something with him considering 184 was such a disaster this year.  

On 1/20/2020 at 2:00 AM, ConnorsDad said:

It's not how much weight he's cutting it's the type of weight. He's nowhere near as big as most 197's.

I agree with the first sentence, but if he gained 27 pounds in less than two weeks, he was cutting a ton of water weight. If he had to cut 20 pounds of water to make 184, he won’t be undersized at 197. It’s sometimes hard to tell just by standing next to someone.