Jump to content
KSchlosser

Mohammad Hossein Mohammadian

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, irani said:

So let me make some 

So let me some serious points here.  

First of all, I think most if not all of us agree that juicing is bad, is cheating, sleazy and bad for the sport.  There are two points of contention

  1. What to do to an another after they have been caught juicing
    1. My idea -  They should be tested more frequently than others, as in every competition.  Trust, but verify
    2. others -  They can never be trusted again.  Once a cheater, always a cheater
  2. What to do with countries that have a really bad track record of juicing
    1. My idea - their athletes should be test more frequently. perhaps in every competition.  Again, trust, but verify
    2. others -  Everyone from that country is juicing

 

We have gone around in circles with this debate, and I really do not have much more to say.  As far as the first point is concerned, I could accept an argument that any juicing  bans you for life, but until we have that rule, i refuse to rule out that people can redeem themselves

As far as the second point is concerned, I still say it's absurd to say EVERYONE from Russia is juicing

 

Pretty much agree with all of this. The world is full of wonderful redemption stories. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WADA and IOC have a statute of limitations of 8 years (investigation must begin within 8 years).

Passing WADA   tests are in reality IQ tests, ESPECIALLY if your country's testing Agency (like RUSADA) actually assist athletes in evading. The athletes of today are using compounds that WADA does not know to test for and/or are micro-dosing so that their Epi/test ratios remain within guidelines.  

Edited by br549

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, br549 said:

WADA and IOC have a statute of limitations of 8 years (investigation must begin within 8 years).

Passing WADA   tests are in reality IQ tests, ESPECIALLY if your country's testing Agency (like RUSADA) actually assist athletes in evading. The athletes of today are using compounds that WADA does not know to test for and/or are micro-dosing so that their Epi/test ratios remain within guidelines.  

... and people do not get miraculously better in their mid 20s AFTER they STOP using PEDs!!!! Common sense, people!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, br549 said:

WADA and IOC have a statute of limitations of 8 years (investigation must begin within 8 years).

Passing WADA   tests are in reality IQ tests, ESPECIALLY if your country's testing Agency (like RUSADA) actually assist athletes in evading. The athletes of today are using compounds that WADA does not know to test for and/or are micro-dosing so that their Epi/test ratios remain within guidelines.  

I am not an expert, so I will assume what you are saying is true.  If so, then there are two conclusions to be made 

1. the ones who got caught are the ones who were really bad at this

2. there are probably lots of people juicing and not getting caught 

If the above is true, then the whole sport is a joke.  Let’s just legalize juicing to at least make it fair.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the same American drivel....When our top guy(s) get beat by any one that we don't think they should lose to....they are on steroids!!!!!!

 

Did any of the people commenting on Mohammadian actually watch the matches he had between Bo and Snyder? Or are just reading Flo's article about how he was banned for 4 years due to a PED?

 

The Bo Match: What can anyone say here besides Bo looked absolutely WAY to small for 97. Bo's strength in folk style will be his demise in freestyle. He was tossed around and couldn't penetrate Mohammadian's defense. Simple match. No challenge due to the size discrepancy. Hopefully Bo will put his "friendship" aside with DT and actually go down to a weight he actually has a chance at. 

 

The Snyder Match: When is America going to wake up and see the best year's from Snyder are behind him (unless he makes drastic changes to his training). Snyder use to be able to out muscle his competition and out condition them. There were a good number of guys (4/5) that had better technical skills than Snyder, but they couldn't match his strength or his motor. Now, I still don't believe they can match his motor, but, they are taking the matches to where Snyder struggles.....scrambling. His loss to Sharifov was actually him being out muscled...his match with Mohammadian was him just getting out classed. All you see on social media is Snyder doing these huge power lifts and lifting very heavy weight, yet, when he gets on the mat (at least in his losses) that strength doesn't seem to translate over. I believe guys like Mohammadian and Sadulaev will always take him into deep water scrambling situations and ultimately come out on top, but, I think it's evident that when he loses to a guy like Sharifov (who is a guy that wrestle the perfect match for him....straight forward).....something tells me the world's top 2-3 guys have figured him out. 

 

 

Now....I am sure I will hear the following.....

1). "Look what he's done!!! What have you ever done!!!!'

2). "Synder is the greatest American wrestler ever!!!'

3). "Are you some sort of wrestling coach!? You think you know what to train better than Snyder!"

4). "What are your credentials!? I'm sure not better than Synder's!!!"

Remember people, we don't compare professional/Olympic level athletes to a common person, we compare them to their field. 

Don't worry about the source....read the content....if you disagree with the points, dispute them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mohammadian had a great tournament.  Very impressive physically and technically.  Completely TBD if he can keep it up.  

Snyder has never gone undefeated in a year.  TBD if he can bounce back like he has in the past.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrDream said:

It's the same American drivel....When our top guy(s) get beat by any one that we don't think they should lose to....they are on steroids!!!!!!

 

Did any of the people commenting on Mohammadian actually watch the matches he had between Bo and Snyder? Or are just reading Flo's article about how he was banned for 4 years due to a PED?

 

The Bo Match: What can anyone say here besides Bo looked absolutely WAY to small for 97. Bo's strength in folk style will be his demise in freestyle. He was tossed around and couldn't penetrate Mohammadian's defense. Simple match. No challenge due to the size discrepancy. Hopefully Bo will put his "friendship" aside with DT and actually go down to a weight he actually has a chance at. 

 

The Snyder Match: When is America going to wake up and see the best year's from Snyder are behind him (unless he makes drastic changes to his training). Snyder use to be able to out muscle his competition and out condition them. There were a good number of guys (4/5) that had better technical skills than Snyder, but they couldn't match his strength or his motor. Now, I still don't believe they can match his motor, but, they are taking the matches to where Snyder struggles.....scrambling. His loss to Sharifov was actually him being out muscled...his match with Mohammadian was him just getting out classed. All you see on social media is Snyder doing these huge power lifts and lifting very heavy weight, yet, when he gets on the mat (at least in his losses) that strength doesn't seem to translate over. I believe guys like Mohammadian and Sadulaev will always take him into deep water scrambling situations and ultimately come out on top, but, I think it's evident that when he loses to a guy like Sharifov (who is a guy that wrestle the perfect match for him....straight forward).....something tells me the world's top 2-3 guys have figured him out. 

 

 

Now....I am sure I will hear the following.....

1). "Look what he's done!!! What have you ever done!!!!'

2). "Synder is the greatest American wrestler ever!!!'

3). "Are you some sort of wrestling coach!? You think you know what to train better than Snyder!"

4). "What are your credentials!? I'm sure not better than Synder's!!!"

Remember people, we don't compare professional/Olympic level athletes to a common person, we compare them to their field. 

Don't worry about the source....read the content....if you disagree with the points, dispute them. 

Nice post. Not so sure Snyder's best years are behind him. He almost always took losses during the year then peaked for Olympic and World tournaments. This may sound crazy, but I'd love to see Sharifov and Mohammadian on Kyle's side of the bracket and Sadulaev on the other side to set up a potential Snyder-Sadulaev final. Not saying Kyle will beat all 3, but definitely want to see a rematch with Mohammadian.

Also don't forget, Kyle went 5-0 at Alans in Ossetia back in December and looked very good. These guys weren't exactly pushovers:

Senior MFS 97   Kyle Snyder (USA) 8-4 Magomed Ibragimov (UZB)
Senior MFS 97   Kyle Snyder (USA) 10-0 Zaur Kotsiev (RUS)
Senior MFS 97   Kyle Snyder (USA) 11-0 Alexander Hushtyn (BLR)
Senior MFS 97   Kyle Snyder (USA) 7-2 Magomed (RUS)
Senior MFS 97   Kyle Snyder (USA) 5-2 Vladislav Baitsaev (RUS)

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's alot in that match with IRI that Kyle can adjust too.  The main thing that stood out to me is that he was working ZERO angles.  KS was working straight forward, IRI was working in circles.  That stood out big to me and is something that can be corrected, especially where and who he is now working with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, irani said:

I am not an expert, so I will assume what you are saying is true.  If so, then there are two conclusions to be made 

1. the ones who got caught are the ones who were really bad at this

2. there are probably lots of people juicing and not getting caught 

If the above is true, then the whole sport is a joke.  Let’s just legalize juicing to at least make it fair.  

Wrong! You seem to forget that most people who want to compete without having to harm themselves now or later in life with illegal drugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Lurker said:

There's alot in that match with IRI that Kyle can adjust too.  The main thing that stood out to me is that he was working ZERO angles.  KS was working straight forward, IRI was working in circles.  That stood out big to me and is something that can be corrected, especially where and who he is now working with.

I agree.....but will he adjust. IMO there is a lot to take away from every match at the highest level of wrestling due to the talent discrepancy is minute. Snyder isn't that much worse than Sadulaev, Sharifof, and Mohammadian, but, the difference is those guys MAKE Synder wrestle THEIR match. The take away (IMO) for Snyder in all of those matches is....stop squatting 8 million pounds and start wrestling live in ONLY scrambling situations with Cael/Varner. The only opponent mentioned previously that I don't believe Synder can scramble with is Sadulaev....I agree....he's light years behind him. So the takeaway from the Sadulaev match is.....wrestle your match, slow the match down, and use your strength to your advantage (push outs are way better than takedowns against Sadulaev), the only takedowns he should try to initiate against Sadulaev is on the edge of the mat. Snyder has the ability to scramble with Sharifov and Mohammadian.....if he adjusts his training regiment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

Wrong! You seem to forget that most people who want to compete without having to harm themselves now or later in life with illegal drugs.

My post was meant to be tongue in cheek.  The poster basically implied that almost everyone is juicing, and there is no way to catch most except the stupid onces

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the one thing we CAN agree on is that power lifting will not make you a better wrestler.

and I agree, Snyder is still capable of beating all of these guys by wrestling with a better plan, esp vs the Iranian. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, DuckFor2 said:

the one thing we CAN agree on is that power lifting will not necessarily make you a better wrestler.

and I agree, Snyder is still capable of beating all of these guys by wrestling with a better plan, esp vs the Iranian. 

FIFY

I agree - He has his work cut out for him, but Snyder can be Olympic champ. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

FIFY

I agree - He has his work cut out for him, but Snyder can be Olympic champ. 

Well anyone in the field CAN be an Olympic champ....but how much would Sadulaev have to regress and how much would Snyder have to improve for that scenario to have a decent chance of happening.....LOL......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Some of the benefits from cheating lasts years beyond the last dose, so once a cheater, always a cheater.  I'm on board with testing known cheaters more, but competition testing is woefully insufficient.
I'm for a lifetime ban for PED users. One and done.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...