Sign in to follow this  
Gantry

Purdue vs IU on now

37 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Covaciu has wrestled Kemerer and Lydy both extremely tough. Could have upset potential at NCAAs.

Although to be fair, there’s a long list of guys who have wrestled Lydy close. Kind of Lydys style. Covaciu did look excellent against Kem though. 

Edited by goheels1812

I hear what you are saying, but I'm giving more credit to IU than taking this as a slam on Purdue.  Regardless, the Boilers won 23-9, so it's not like they really stunk it up or anything.  Fun way to spend a Monday evening, let's get one D1 Dual every Monday night. 

Edited by Gantry

Indiana is for sure improving.  It will be interesting to see where they are in a year or two as Escobedo seems to be on the right track.  Even the kids on the bench look more positive and involved than they have in years.

2 hours ago, Gantry said:

Hudkins out again for IU at 125, wonder if he is coming back.  Sure hope so, that injury he suffered against Glory at Midlands didn't look good.

One of the announcers for the IU’s meet against Northwestern this weekend said Hudkins and Konrath were both out for the year.  A blow to IU’s expectation to increase their NCAA qualifier numbers.   

This was a good showing for the Hoosiers, and a fun match to be at, the atmosphere in The Wilk ,for a Monday , was just like a Friday or Saturday match. People from all over the state were there.  
indiana wrestlers show up with a full tank of gas every match this season. Third period for them is like the first. Coaches Escobedo, Jordan, Dixon, and new addition Tsirtsis are making waves in The hot bed of wrestling,Bloomington Indiana. 
The in state studs are taking notice how this team is wrestling. 

46 minutes ago, Bozak2018 said:

What in-state studs (or out of state studs) are headed to Bloomington next year?  Until IU can get the Lee's, Red's, and Parris's of Indiana to stay home, they will continue to be towards the bottom of the Big 10.

Jacob Moran ,Indiana stud. Santos Cantu , Oregon stud.  Derek gilcher Michigan stud. 

15 hours ago, Gantry said:

Cronin takes out Schroder 3-1 with a super late cradle, was REALLY impressive.  Bought of good shots and scrambles on both sides, what a fun match. 

I guess Schroder is ranked higher but Cronin also gave DeAugustino of NW a scare.  I think DeAugustino was up by 4 or 5 and kinda coasted, Cronin came back and I think lost by 1 at the end