hoppyman125

2020-2021 line-up input

Thoughts on the following Line-ups!  need expert input 

Teams/Rank   Iowa 2020-2021 Penn State Michigan Ohio State
125   Lee Howard? McHenry Heinselman
133   Desanto Bravo-Youg Micic/Silva/Mattin Decatur
141   Murin Lee Micic/Silva/Mattin Kinner
149   Eirerman Verkleenen Storr Sasso
157   Young Busiello Lewan Anthony Cuba?
165   Marinelli Berge Massa/Amine Cam Kharch
174   Kemerer Starocci Massa/Amine Miles Smith
184   Assad Brooks Embree/Amine Romero
197   Warner Beard Embree/? Hoffman
285   Cassioppi Kerk Parris Singletary

Thoughts and best educated, insight, or hints, insider info that wont betray anyones trust, get disinvited to the family suppers, or ruin possible investments by previously mentioned academic institutions using these variables 

1. Weight issues

2.Competition within program

3.Transfer request and subsequent conference ass paddling

4.  Recruits (Red****s, Current or will be Redshirts (Iowa was 95-100 until Tommy took away the Freshman Shirt (lee and assad) Assad might have been the best chioc rigtht now but taking a very viable, very close 3x, **** hair short to AA thrice, Senior, who im sure wasn't getting hammered vigoriously (like Mudflaps Mother/Wife/Nanny) and a priviously Top 10 Ranked NEPHEW

5. Transfers *See #5 Rules

Not an expert, but here's my input:

Iowa - Murin and Eierman may flip 141/149, but otherwise this is pretty cut and dry.

PSU - I would keep Berge at 157 and pencil in Joe Lee at 165.  I don't know what the plan is for Bartlett but I think he'll be ready to go right away if they need him.  Wouldn't be shocked to see Verk squeezed out of the lineup, but we also need to see how good Verk is this year, and see what happens with Berge.  

Michigan - Looks about right.  I expect Myles to go 184.  It fits his international weight, and it's best for the team.  They have Garcia coming in next year at 197 as well--unlikely he's a better option than Embree out of the gate, but they will be all hands on deck next year so it's a possibility. 

Ohio State - Much less certain than the other 3.  This could go a ton of different directions and I don't think even their staff knows what will happen (see: this year's lineup).  I don't think we'll see Echemendia at 157.  IF he enrolls and everything goes smoothly, and that is still a big if, he's likely 141 or 149.  I could see Sasso moving up to 157 and Kinner filling in whatever weight is left.  Singletary may go 197, and I wouldn't count out transfers (to or from) Columbus this offseason.  

You left out Cornell and Oklahoma State. For Cornell, 2021/22 is probably their year, but they will have 4 legit title contenders the next two years in Vito, Yianni, Dean, and Darmstadt, and field lineups that also feature Greg D, Saunders, Handlovic, Ramirez, Foca, and Cardenas (with a couple of other guys that could factor as well).  

Oklahoma State I think is better lined up for the last two years of Fix's career, but there are paths to them competing next year as well.  A lineup of Mastro, Fix, Burks, Gfeller/Witcraft, Balmeceda, Surber, Wittlake, Plott, Montalvo, Ferrari looks pretty scary on paper.  

1 hour ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Oklahoma State I think is better lined up for the last two years of Fix's career, but there are paths to them competing next year as well.  A lineup of Mastro, Fix, Burks, Gfeller/Witcraft, Balmeceda, Surber, Wittlake, Plott, Montalvo, Ferrari looks pretty scary on paper.  

or:

125 Fix

133 Brock/Witcraft

141 Gfeller/Hone

149 Lewallen

157 Sheets

165 Wittlake

174 Smith/Montalvo

184 Montalvo/Geer

197 Geer/Ferrari

285 Ferrari/?

Edited by ionel

Iowa: Brands will be looking to get in there somewhere. That doesn't mean he will, but he could get as low as 157 if needed.  Also I wouldn't be surprised to see Marinelli swap with Kemererererrr.

Penn State: Joe Lee at 165 and Berge at 157. Bartlett will likely be ready/want to go out the gate. IF they don't win this year expect CS to come out with their best lineup possible, meaning possible weight shifts we might not expect.

Michigan: Medley beat an early enrollment McHenry and he doesn't look to be getting bigger, while Medley is getting better and better. I think Massa goes 165, honestly. His freestyle weight is 163(74 keggers). That puts the loser of Amine and Lewan at 174 for a season. Not sure who that will be next season, but I do think Lewan is better suited for 174. Embree should get the nod at 197 and should do very well. I'd prefer he went that weight this year, as it were.

Ohio State: Jordan at 184 over Romero. Romero looks a weight class too high as it is at 174. The way it looks is Karch will get whatever weight he decides to go and Smith/Romero will be going for the other. Kinner and Sasso at 149/157 whichever way Sasso decides it with Ech down to 141. If he cannot make 141 it will be him at 149 and Sasso at 157 with Kinner shooting for 142 with Hayes possibly going for hit 12th year. Decatur ar 141 is an option too. Heinselman hopefully puts it together. Maybe the smaller Decatur pushes him. 133 will be a huge hole for them. Singletary at 197 leaves Hoffman out(unlessnhe can neat Traub for HWT).

32 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Iowa: Brands will be looking to get in there somewhere. That doesn't mean he will, but he could get as low as 157 if needed.  Also I wouldn't be surprised to see Marinelli swap with Kemererererrr.

Penn State: Joe Lee at 165 and Berge at 157. Bartlett will likely be ready/want to go out the gate. IF they don't win this year expect CS to come out with their best lineup possible, meaning possible weight shifts we might not expect.

Michigan: Medley beat an early enrollment McHenry and he doesn't look to be getting bigger, while Medley is getting better and better. I think Massa goes 165, honestly. His freestyle weight is 163(74 keggers). That puts the loser of Amine and Lewan at 174 for a season. Not sure who that will be next season, but I do think Lewan is better suited for 174. Embree should get the nod at 197 and should do very well. I'd prefer he went that weight this year, as it were.

Ohio State: Jordan at 184 over Romero. Romero looks a weight class too high as it is at 174. The way it looks is Karch will get whatever weight he decides to go and Smith/Romero will be going for the other. Kinner and Sasso at 149/157 whichever way Sasso decides it with Ech down to 141. If he cannot make 141 it will be him at 149 and Sasso at 157 with Kinner shooting for 142 with Hayes possibly going for hit 12th year. Decatur ar 141 is an option too. Heinselman hopefully puts it together. Maybe the smaller Decatur pushes him. 133 will be a huge hole for them. Singletary at 197 leaves Hoffman out(unlessnhe can neat Traub for HWT).

I think the Brands to 157 ship sailed. He tried to make it last year and failed. I think if he could make it, he would have taken a shot at Young instead of wrestling up 2 weights at 184.

2 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

I think the Brands to 157 ship sailed. He tried to make it last year and failed. I think if he could make it, he would have taken a shot at Young instead of wrestling up 2 weights at 184.

I do agree. I'm just trying to see a scenario where he makes it in the lineup next year. He is probably the least likely starter caliber wrestler that would transfer, so dig in and fight is his only option.

For tOSU, I think heinselman needs to gain weight or improve at 125 and if not I think Jacob decanter might be able to fill in there.... I don’t think Jordan decanter could make 133 next year as he’s having trouble making it this year, so I think he’ll go 141 next year, but you also have Kinner and Demilio that will fight for that spot ....  Echemendia said he wants to go 149 next year (if he enrolls), so then I think Sasso will go 157.... Carson Kharchla will win whatever weight he decides to go and I think he’ll stay at 165...... that leaves Ethan Smith, Kaleb Romero, and Rocky Jordan to fight over 174 and 184...... before Kerkvliet decided to transfer to Penn State I thought the plan was for Singletary to bump down to 197, now that he’s transferring I think Singletary will stay at HWT and Hoffman will slot into 197..... biggest questions I think there will be is their 133 spot and if Keyshawn Hayes gets a medical redshirt and if he does where does he fit into all of this.

Edited by Kov88

1 hour ago, Kov88 said:

For tOSU, I think heinselman needs to gain weight or improve at 125 and if not I think Jacob decanter might be able to fill in there.... I don’t think Jordan decanter could make 133 next year as he’s having trouble making it this year, so I think he’ll go 141 next year, but you also have Kinner and Demilio that will fight for that spot ....  Echemendia said he wants to go 149 next year (if he enrolls), so then I think Sasso will go 157.... Carson Kharchla will win whatever weight he decides to go and I think he’ll stay at 165...... that leaves Ethan Smith, Kaleb Romero, and Rocky Jordan to fight over 174 and 184...... before Kerkvliet decided to transfer to Penn State I thought the plan was for Singletary to bump down to 197, now that he’s transferring I think Singletary will stay at HWT and Hoffman will slot into 197..... biggest questions I think there will be is their 133 spot and if Keyshawn Hayes gets a medical redshirt and if he does where does he fit into all of this.

At 133 they're looking for a transfer, but Brady Koontz is a terrific Greco guy and if he can up his folk game he could definitely fill that spot. Also curious to see if Greco Junior World Team member Nick Boykin can make some noise at HWT.

Edited by fightingsioux
typo

2 hours ago, Kov88 said:

Singletary has to go 197.  It's only fair, and quite frankly, I think he would do very very well at that weight, especially given his free results most recently at a non heavyweight class.  

I think tOSU will be Malik, unless they get a good transfer.  Jacob Decatur is even smaller and less effective than Malik.  133, if Jordan can hold it, should do everything he can to do so.  I think he will jump levels and 133 seems to be a good weight for him to do this level jump. 

141, I predict to be Kinner or Demilio.  149 should be Echemendia, while 157 would be Sasso next year.  I think we won't see his gas tank issues at that weight and it makes the overall team stronger.  165 is Kharchlas, while 174 will be a battle between Romero and Smith, with Romero winning the spot.  184 will be Rocky Jordan.  I think this is a healthy weight for him and his most recent results suggest promise moreso than Hoffman.  

1 hour ago, fightingsioux said:

At 133 they're looking for a transfer, but Brady Koontz is a terrific Greco guy and if he can up his folk game he could definitely fill that spot. Also curious to see if Greco Junior World Team member Nick Boykin can make some noise at HWT.

Both Koontz bros are.

**** Lehigh 2020-21

125: Paetzell: potential 2020 AA.

133: Farro/ Lane: Farro could surprise and AA in 2020.  Either way 133 will be a strong weight.

141: Moran/McGonagle:  Another strong weight.

149: Hoffman/Karam/RS Frosh Hines, another strong weight.

157: Humphreys: potential 2020 AA.

165: Meyer: True 2020 Frosh, who is getting very close to turning the corner.  EIWAs may be the time he breaks through.

174: Logan/Ruth: Both will be RS Frosh with high potential.  Kutler will be missed.

184: Weiler: potential 2020 AA, just needs more consistency.

197: Jakobsen: will be strong weight.

285: Wood: already AA and potential 2020 AA will be in the mix ongoing.

Bucks lineup will be hard to predict.  This is probably the one Tom Ryan would like to see if the season were starting tomorrow:

125:  Heinselman (hopefully with more size)

133: Decatur (hard cut for one more year....they need to recruit this weight)

141: Kinner

149:  Echemedia

157:  Sasso

165: Kharchla

174: Romero/Smith/Rocky J

184: Rocky/Romero/Smith

197: Singletary

Hvy:  Traub

37 minutes ago, silvermedal said:

Bucks lineup will be hard to predict.  This is probably the one Tom Ryan would like to see if the season were starting tomorrow:

Rocky isn't going 174.  I think it is Smith/Romero at whatever weight Karchla decides to not go.

I also don't see Decatur making 133 next year unless he can shrink his body a little bit.  Hoffman will try for whatever weight he can see time at between 197 and 285.

Meyer is a redshirt freshman for Lehigh not a true freshman, while I like his effort and he is improving, I think he is just not big enough to be a legit 165 lber....hope I'm wrong.....

From what I've seen, if he can hold the weight, Jake Logan will be Lehigh's 174 lber next year.......

Edited by Spladle88

On 1/20/2020 at 11:05 PM, hoppyman125 said:

Thoughts on the following Line-ups!  need expert input 

Teams/Rank   Iowa 2020-2021 Penn State Michigan Ohio State
125   Lee Howard? McHenry Heinselman
133   Desanto Bravo-Youg Micic/Silva/Mattin Decatur
141   Murin Lee Micic/Silva/Mattin Kinner
149   Eirerman Verkleenen Storr Sasso
157   Young Busiello Lewan Anthony Cuba?
165   Marinelli Berge Massa/Amine Cam Kharch
174   Kemerer Starocci Massa/Amine Miles Smith
184   Assad Brooks Embree/Amine Romero
197   Warner Beard Embree/? Hoffman
285   Cassioppi Kerk Parris Singletary

At Penn State, is it a given Kerkvliet will beat out S. Nevills?   I see on the Threads it seems most people think Kerkvliet will get the spot,  S. Nevills was 169-1 In High School, and 28-2 in College the 2 losses were to good Wrestlers and one was what was kind of his Senior year in High School (He graduated 6 months early and was training at PSU,) Nevills is 9-0 so far this his Freshman season,  Kerkvliet ALSO won everything in High School and was 4 time State Champion, He is 5-0 in College 3 by fall and 2 close decisions,  Not being an Insider this looks like an Interesting Wrestleoff, similar credentials (In Folkstyle/College Style) so why do MOST threads seem to indicate the spot is Kerkvliet's? Thank you in advance.

On 1/21/2020 at 7:54 PM, nhs67 said:

Regarding Ohio State I agree twill a lot of what you said but strongly disagree that Romero looks a weight class too high at 174.  He is a big 174 and part of the problem last year was 165 was too big of a cut.  I agree with some who said 174/184 will be some combination of Smith, Romero and Jordan but I believe Romero is the best of the 3.  I think he stays at 174 because it clears out after this year and he could be a high AA/finalist next year if he continues to progress.  Smith is at 165 this year but was obviously a 174 last year and competed at 184 during his redshirt year so it's not crazy to think he could challenge at 184.  I would favor Smith over Rocky presently but Rocky is the bigger man and seems like he might be turning the corner so who knows by next year.  I don't see Decatur as a 141 next year and early weight troubles seem to be under control.  Would love to see Sasso at 157 as it seems like that would be best for the lineup.  Finally, everything I'm hearing says that SIngeltary will be at 197 next year, and I believe he will be top 4 at that weight.

14 hours ago, balanceseeker said:

Regarding Ohio State I agree twill a lot of what you said but strongly disagree that Romero looks a weight class too high at 174.  He is a big 174 and part of the problem last year was 165 was too big of a cut.  I agree with some who said 174/184 will be some combination of Smith, Romero and Jordan but I believe Romero is the best of the 3.  I think he stays at 174 because it clears out after this year and he could be a high AA/finalist next year if he continues to progress.  Smith is at 165 this year but was obviously a 174 last year and competed at 184 during his redshirt year so it's not crazy to think he could challenge at 184.  I would favor Smith over Rocky presently but Rocky is the bigger man and seems like he might be turning the corner so who knows by next year.  I don't see Decatur as a 141 next year and early weight troubles seem to be under control.  Would love to see Sasso at 157 as it seems like that would be best for the lineup.  Finally, everything I'm hearing says that SIngeltary will be at 197 next year, and I believe he will be top 4 at that weight.

I disagree on Romero being big. Be didn't look big against a Valencia that made 163 not too long before. He also looked pretty small against Massa last year at 165. He'll look small against Kemerererer this weekend (who was 157 2 years ago).

It will be between Smith and Romero for a weight and if one is favored heavily over the other as far as getting the starting nod, I wouldn't be surprised to see one transfer(unfortunately).

I don't see Singletary as top 4. I could see him as a contender to AA in two years though. Brucki, Adam's, Darmstadt, Geer, Davison, Traxler, Warner, Sloan, Bulsak, Norfleet, Woodley, and Beard will all be at 197 next year. There are others that will come up and others not mentioned at 197 that will all have something to say about him being top 4. Not to mention Hoffman. If he doesn't start next year does he even stick around?

In the day and age of the transfer, we may see one or more leave OR come in. We shall see.

Edited by nhs67
Stuffs.

20 hours ago, silvermedal said:

tOSU is looking for a 133 transfer from what I hear for next season. Decatur is unlikely to make the weight. They have some money free due to:

1. Kerklevit defecting

2. Not having many recruits coming in next season