Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, LJB said:

rome was a rankings match so they were involved... yarygin is just another tourney again... i doubt they have anything to do with it administratively...

Fair enough.  Thank you.

Where do you search for info?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mphillips said:

True.

I still think it was though...

Although what you don't see in the pic above is the whizzer that Joey just couldn't get free from.  So there's that.

if you had never seen a folk match, you would not call that a takedown...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin said:

maybe cuz in this year Yarygin is not rankin series tournament? why need to say bad things about web site lol? be patient sir....all is okay! life is nice! people are good, food is tasty

I haven't had enough drinks yet to feign outrage...give me an hour or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LJB said:

well, we know it wasn't a takedown... for a fact...

I mean, the call on these mat wasn't what I thought was ambiguous. Three points of contact was the kind of explanation I was looking for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For sure yet another sign that Downey is not a medal threat nor a threat to make our olympic team. By the way, AK, we have 5 guys who would be our rep at 86kg in an Olympic year before Downey, and he would never have a close match with the first three or four (Taylor, Cox, Nickal, Valencia, Dieringer). He was our rep last year because of a badly timed injury and our rigid selection system. He won't be anywhere near a Pan Am qualifier mat or Olympic mat

Also, just to clarify: you thought earlier someone was making a comment about the WrestDag site. No. They were commenting on the UWW site. Someone said, "why aren't the brackets on UWW?" Another said, "in my experience, because the site sucks (UWW site)."  

WrestDag is an amazing site compared to other local wrestling sites in the world.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, maligned said:

For sure yet another sign that Downey is not a medal threat nor a threat to make our olympic team. By the way, AK, we have 5 guys who would be our rep at 86kg in an Olympic year before Downey, and he would never have a close match with the first three or four (Taylor, Cox, Nickal, Valencia, Dieringer). He was our rep last year because of a badly timed injury and our rigid selection system. He won't be anywhere near a Pan Am qualifier mat or Olympic mat

Also, just to clarify: you thought earlier someone was making a comment about the WrestDag site. No. They were commenting on the UWW site. Someone said, "why aren't the brackets on UWW?" Another said, "in my experience, because the site sucks (UWW site)."  

WrestDag is an amazing site compared to other local wrestling sites in the world.

 

at 86 Downey is #2 in USA. And he was debunked! When big mouth american losses in Russia I LOVE IT!  I LOVE IT bro! I love when clowns lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Questions from the Downey match.

  • How does Downey allow the blue opponent to belly down out of a reverse half?  Could he not pick up the head with his right hand and block with his left hand or lock hands and finish the match? (42s-48s in).  
  • How is it that Downey only gets 2pts when countering blue's hold and putting blue straight from feet to back?  I would think 2pt takedown and 2pt exposure or maybe a 4pt takedown?  Is the thought process one that rewards blue's initiative to go big with throws - he has little risk of losing huge points when caught on his back?  The gator roll, seconds later had a back exposure - I understand 2pts only there.
  • How can I better understand when a move is allowed to be finished out of bounds versus not?  I sometimes see takedowns driven 8 feet out of bounds and 2 points is given.  Downey has a bear lock on the edge of the mat and they are called out of bounds with no opportunity to finish.  What might have transformed into several points is stopped at a push out 1pt (2:25s-2:30s)
  • Blue gets a clean double leg takedown that puts Downey to his back.  Q1 - why are they called out of bounds when their feet are inbounds?  Q2 - why isn't blue going for the pin? (3:35s)
  • Downey is working on a take down and the ref blows the whistle before they go out of bounds (4:24s) and doesn't give chance to collect the 2 pt takedown.
  • Is it clear in the video whether Downey exposed blue's back at 5:21s?  The first time I watched the video, I thought that was 2 and so did Downey.  I watched again and see exposure.  But there was no challenge?  


 

Edited by jross

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin said:

at 86 Downey is #2 in USA. And he was debunked! When big mouth american losses in Russia I LOVE IT!  I LOVE IT bro! I love when clowns lose.

Love it. 
  
Can’t wait for Russia to win 1 gold at the Olympics and the USA wins 3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Love it. 
  
Can’t wait for Russia to win 1 gold at the Olympics and the USA wins 3. 
I'm hoping we can qualify all the weight classes.

One step at a time.

What 3 weight classes are we going to win? 74, 86,. ????

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin said:

#2 USA team couldnt beat old wrestler! uspet!!

 

Awesome- thanks! I don't think anybody on this board is under the impression that Downey is world class. He is however, the best version we've seen of Pat Downey. I wouldn't get too excited though Khuzin, he won't be our 86kg rep at the Olympics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting results:

Soslan Ramanov lost in 65kg finals to Shiraev

M Gadzhi (70 kg who defeated Hassan Yazdani back in 2015 worlds) defeated Ketik Tsabolov in 74kg Quarters. He also won his semifinal and entered Finals.

Kurbanaliev (74kg) lost in semis. If you remember Kurbanaliev gave tough fight to Sidakov in last years special wrestle off part of Nur-Sultan worlds selection.

i think 74kg trials/selection for Tokyo rep for Russia is going to really tough and I am thinking M.Gadzhi could be a road blocker for Sidakov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cjc007 said:

I'm hoping we can qualify all the weight classes.

One step at a time.

What 3 weight classes are we going to win? 74, 86,. ????

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
 

Yes, you're right though. First things first, let's qualify all 6 weights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...