Cementmixer103

Nebraska v. PSU

Just now, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Joseph majors White?  All their matches have been 1-2 pts apart

Yes.

Who is hot and pissed off? Who is on a skid? Also... adjusted my prediction too. Hall is pinning Labs.

4 hours ago, WillieBoy said:

It will be different this time. NCAA's last year has Joseph working harder than ever. History of these two will have him pushing and one of them will score at takedown, Joseph going in or White capitalizing on Joseph's pushing the pace.

I would say that is a safe bet. It just doesn't seem possible that they have had three matches with no regulation takedowns, so four in a row would seem crazy.

Meredith dec Thomsen 3-0 PSU

RBY dec Lovett 6-0 PSU

Lee dec Red 9-0 PSU

Purinton dec Verk 9-3 PSU

Robb dec Pipher 9-6 PSU

Joseph dec White 12-6 PSU

Hall dec Labriola 15-6 PSU

Venz dec Brooks 15-9 PSU

Rasheed dec Schultz 18-9 PSU

Nevills dec Lance 21-9 PSU

Should be a good match though, lots of tossups IMO.

56 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Meredith dec Thomsen 3-0 PSU

RBY dec Lovett 6-0 PSU

Lee dec Red 9-0 PSU

Purinton dec Verk 9-3 PSU

Robb dec Pipher 9-6 PSU

Joseph dec White 12-6 PSU

Hall dec Labriola 15-6 PSU

Venz dec Brooks 15-9 PSU

Rasheed dec Schultz 18-9 PSU

Nevills dec Lance 21-9 PSU

Should be a good match though, lots of tossups IMO.

Not a single bonus point? Guess that can happen when you get the two bonus point teams matching up so closely in where they get their bonus points.

This will be a great one because there are a lot of contested matches. Even the guys who are favored are facing stiff enough competition that an upset wouldn't be out of the question. Lovett could pin RBY and throw everyone's math to heck, or RBY could run a takedown clinic and put up bonus points. Same thing at 141. Should be a fun one

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Not a single bonus point? Guess that can happen when you get the two bonus point teams matching up so closely in where they get their bonus points.

I don’t think so.  Almost every match could go either way.   The closest to a lock IMO is RBY.   The only one I considered for Bonus was Robb since he has a pretty good bonus rate and Pipher is arguably PSU’s weakest weight (only one that should be a backup for postseason).  But Robb hasn’t really bonused anyone good and Pipher only lost by dec to Deakin.

12 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I don’t think so.  Almost every match could go either way.   The closest to a lock IMO is RBY.   The only one I considered for Bonus was Robb since he has a pretty good bonus rate and Pipher is arguably PSU’s weakest weight (only one that should be a backup for postseason).  But Robb hasn’t really bonused anyone good and Pipher only lost by dec to Deakin.

The one I think has the highest probability is Nevills to bonus Lance.

From a viewer's point of  view I would have preferred to see stalling called on dropping to a leg in the first compared to the second period. Rby showed the ref he wasn't trying to hold his leg and lovett forced the position and earned a stall call. That's just as much stalling on top as it is bottom imo.

Wow, red had absolutely nothing for Lee.  After how good he looked against Murin I was expecting a little more.  Lee and pletcher sure look like they've separated themselves from the pack.

Edited by lost