Cementmixer103

Nebraska v. PSU

43 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Not that I know one way or the other, but I don't think Brooks got hurt in December because he looked fine vs Illinois on Jan 10. Sometime between Jan 10 and Rutgers something happened to cause him to need his right knee wrapped. 

I need to go back and rewatch his rematch with Sammy Brooks.  I think it's the same knee.

8 hours ago, Molsen said:

Lee was a grade below Red. So with how close they were then it's not that suprising that Lee caught up and passed him. There were a decent amount of people that thought a freshmen Lee, was going to beat a senior Micic, so Im guessing those people felt he would go on to be one of the better wrestlers from indiana. I felt that Lee's offensive style would allow him to excel at Penn state. That being said I did think Red would have more... well i guess in season success, then he has. Red is still a 2x ncaa aa, and seems to look better at ncaas then in season.

I think Red has wrestled Lee the same way all three times. He waits for Lee to shoot and then looks to get in a scramble. The problem with that approach last night is that it did not account for Lee's improvement in three areas. Lee's finishes are much cleaner (no scramble opportunity), his top game is hugely improved (Red was exhausted at the end from being ridden so hard), and when Red had the chance he could not keep Lee on the mat (even giving up his first of 2 stall calls from on top).

To win at Big10s or NCAAs I believe Red will need to adjust to the new reality and wrestle a more offensive match against Lee.

I don't think Red has regressed or even stood still. He has gotten better at Nebraska. But, I think we are seeing a big jump for Lee this year.

Red, and a lot of Nebraska wrestlers, are consolation bracket monsters.  They pin, tech, and major guys on the backside of the NCAA brackets that have "HEW".  I have no reason to think that Red won't pull a few more of these type of wins in March.  Lee and Pletcher is looking like one of the most highly anticipated matches this season, though.  Those two have separated from the pack.  Back to Nebraska, though.  Robb and Schultz (especially Robb) are underrated.  In matches against Hidlay and Young, Robb was right there in position to win.  He and Lovett are going to be a great nucleus.  I just wonder how they are going to find room for Hardy and Davenport in the lineup as well.

58 minutes ago, Konquest said:

Red, and a lot of Nebraska wrestlers, are consolation bracket monsters.  They pin, tech, and major guys on the backside of the NCAA brackets that have "HEW".  I have no reason to think that Red won't pull a few more of these type of wins in March.  Lee and Pletcher is looking like one of the most highly anticipated matches this season, though.  Those two have separated from the pack.  Back to Nebraska, though.  Robb and Schultz (especially Robb) are underrated.  In matches against Hidlay and Young, Robb was right there in position to win.  He and Lovett are going to be a great nucleus.  I just wonder how they are going to find room for Hardy and Davenport in the lineup as well.

Assuming the two years away from wrestling has not hurt him, Brock Hardy was the most accomplished wrestler on Nebraska coming out of high school and also has the most potential. Fargo Champion freestyle over Sammy Sasso I believe & multiple-time finalist and even better @ folk style, I think he has massive potential.

2 hours ago, Konquest said:

It's gonna be interesting to see how Manning plans to use the line up.

RS Lovett next year and use Davenport at 133, Chad Red then graduates and you have Lovett at 141.

Robb bump up to 165 or Hardy at 165 when white leaves.

Idk but its a good problem to have.

EDIT: I guess Davenport is at 149 so he can step in after Purinton is gone.

Edited by HuskerMac

On 1/24/2020 at 12:17 PM, nhs67 said:

125-PSU Dec

PSU 3-0

133-PSU Dec

PSU 6-0

141-PSU Maj

PSU 10-0

149-PSU Dec

PSU 13-0

157-Neb Dec

PSU 13-3

165-PSU Maj

PSU 17-3

174-PSU DPin

PSU 23-3

184-PSU Dec

PSU 26-3

197-PSU Dec

PSU 29-3

285-PSU Maj

PSU 33-3

Penn State defeats Nebraska at Nebraska 33-3.

125, 149, 157, 184, 197 are all tossups with pinfall potential at 157(Robb), 174(Hall), and 187(Rasheed).

Good one, toolbar !

10 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

This was the first match I saw of Rasheed since he came back but he did not look good.  I know he hasn’t been back long but is it possible if he doesn’t improve that Cael pulls Beard’s shirt too?

Doubt it. It’s so late in the season. Only if Shak gets injured I think