Perry

Iowa vs tOSU

14 minutes ago, RavishingRickRude said:

Anyone else baffled by pulling Decatur’s redshirt? Too much of a cut + 41 is waiting for him after Pletcher. Not sure what he is learning in matches like the Desanto one. 

Tan Tom is pretty quick to cut a freshman loose. Look at Malik Heinselmen. They pulled his shirt way before he was ready physically. Now, any potential he had has pretty much gone out the window. Its not good for a kid's psyche to get whooped up on week after week in the big 10 their freshman year. 

42 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Tan Tom is pretty quick to cut a freshman loose. Look at Malik Heinselmen. They pulled his shirt way before he was ready physically. Now, any potential he had has pretty much gone out the window. Its not good for a kid's psyche to get whooped up on week after week in the big 10 their freshman year. 

Tom Ryan has always put his best wrestlers on the mat.  Heinselman and Decatur are his two best at these weights.  Right or wrong, he's been consistent.  

When will you finally stop doubting Sasso. I assume you are on the Sasso train now after talking **** to me about the Sasso pick? Right? 
The fact that you're coming here trying to stunt on me about Sasso after a match where the only time touched Lugo's legs is while desperately diving under is a look.

You're right though, you knofe what's fun and something that should be encouraged? Defending for 8 minutes and winning in rideouts. It's what makes Ryan Morningstar such a beloved figure in college wrestling.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Aviator12 said:

Sasso beat Lee just 2 folk style matches ago, on 12-2-19 and beat him the same he lost this last past time, 6-4.

Sasso last beat Lee in February of last year, not a month ago. Anyways, they might wrestle tomorrow. I’m predicting a Lee duck though. If Lee sits out vs Sasso & Lugo is he now the #1 seed at B1Gs?

Edited by simple

26 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

The fact that you're coming here trying to stunt on me about Sasso after a match where the only time touched Lugo's legs is while desperately diving under is a look.

You're right though, you knofe what's fun and something that should be encouraged? Defending for 8 minutes and winning in rideouts. It's what makes Ryan Morningstar such a beloved figure in college wrestling.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Iowa fans making excuses after talking ****.

IM SHOCKED

1 hour ago, russelscout said:

A lot of Iowa fans picked Sasso in this match. Am I missing something here?

I specifically got called out for picking Sasso by an Iowa fan, so now I’m responding. That’s how **** talk works. It’s all in good fun, and I hope all Iowa fans make more ridiculous claims so I can make fun of y’all some more

4 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

I specifically got called out for picking Sasso by an Iowa fan, so now I’m responding. That’s how **** talk works. It’s all in good fun, and I hope all Iowa fans make more ridiculous claims so I can make fun of y’all some more

Your team lost 7 matches to 3 and you're in here crowing about a SV rideout win where your guy didn't even attempt a TD let alone come close to scoring offensively, and had to win three video reviews to win the match.  Incredible.

3 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Ahh, I didnt see where you got called out. Because you got called out by one fan, all Iowa fans need to take **** from you? Like I said, there were Hawk fans that picked Sasso.

1 person doesnt equal all Iowa fans. Lord knows all PSU fans dont want to be tied to everything Tbar says.

3 hours ago, Housebuye said:

What now 

If you came away from that match thinking Sasso was better, I don’t know what to say. Also, I clearly said IF as I did not in anyway guarantee Lugo would win. 

Hat’s off to Sasso, but managing to get 99.999% taken down multiple times while doing absolutely nothing on offense shouldn’t make you all fuzzy inside. 

If anything, I came away more impressed with Lugo than before.  If they both wrestle the exact same way they wrestle again, I highly doubt Sasso wins again. 

But, if you want to use that result to toot your own horn, go for it.....

8 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

So? Are you going to finally start valuing Lugo accurately? 

You have CLEARLY dogged Lugo ALL season. So, since Sasso pulled that match out of his rear end, where does that put him in your mind?

3 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Ahh, I didnt see where you got called out. Because you got called out by one fan, all Iowa fans need to take **** from you? Like I said, there were Hawk fans that picked Sasso.

1 person doesnt equal all Iowa fans. Lord knows all PSU fans dont want to be tied to everything Tbar says.

Come on. Obviously. Just like I make fun of Ohio state fans for thanking god all the time, ASU fans for being ASU fans and PSU fans for being fans of the best team, I also make fun of Iowa fans for being super sensitive

8 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Your team lost 7 matches to 3 and you're in here crowing about a SV rideout win where your guy didn't even attempt a TD let alone come close to scoring offensively, and had to win three video reviews to win the match.  Incredible.

I’m specifically responding to the claim by an Iowa fan that implied I was an idiot for picking Sasso. 

I literally said, in this thread, that Ohio state best case would win 4 matches and needed Iowa to not show up with some of their starters for Ohio state to win. 

you guys are living up to the most defensive fans award. It’s pretty funny considering how you guys treat other fans. 

Comments by a former NCAA Champ about Sasso's effort v Lugo:

"He was masterful in countering a high performing Lugo.  He did it in Carver Hawkeye Arena.

The referee made the right calls and he did not get homered, (although every Iowa fan on every public forum thinks Lugo got robbed.) It's telling when people attack the person rather than the call and have no basis for the call. Brands swore Sasso went to his hip which he didn't in part to his amazing flexibility and kinesthetic awareness.

To know the rules and wrestle the gray areas (unorthodox and positional) was just outstanding. Thank you Sammy Sasso for your show of excellence.

Not to mention your outstanding ride on top in regulation and in overtime. You should have the confidence that you are ahead by 2 points due to your ability to escape and ride your opponent. All you have to do is execute."

2 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Come on. Obviously. Just like I make fun of Ohio state fans for thanking god all the time, ASU fans for being ASU fans and PSU fans for being fans of the best team, I also make fun of Iowa fans for being super sensitive

No sensitivity, it just seems odd that you claim all Iowa fans said this or that when they clearly did not. Im not surprised Lugo lost. More surprised he lost in the way he did. 

3 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

I’m specifically responding to the claim by an Iowa fan that implied I was an idiot for picking Sasso. 

I literally said, in this thread, that Ohio state best case would win 4 matches and needed Iowa to not show up with some of their starters for Ohio state to win. 

you guys are living up to the most defensive fans award. It’s pretty funny considering how you guys treat other fans. 

So your position is that you should be allowed to say anything you want, and if anybody responds, they are being defensive.  Got it.

4 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Man, if you took what I said as calling you an idiot, you need to work on your insecurity. 

I said, “If Lugo wins, will you stop underrating him!”

NOT, “you are mentally deficient for picking Sasso and should never post again!”

can you tell the difference?

4 minutes ago, silvermedal said:

"He was masterful in countering a high performing Lugo.  He did it in Carver Hawkeye Arena.

The referee made the right calls and he did not get homered, (although every Iowa fan on every public forum thinks Lugo got robbed.) It's telling when people attack the person rather than the call and have no basis for the call. Brands swore Sasso went to his hip which he didn't in part to his amazing flexibility and kinesthetic awareness.

To know the rules and wrestle the gray areas (unorthodox and positional) was just outstanding. Thank you Sammy Sasso for your show of excellence.

Not to mention your outstanding ride on top in regulation and in overtime. You should have the confidence that you are ahead by 2 points due to your ability to escape and ride your opponent. All you have to do is execute."

Had to double check to make sure I wasn’t reading a blurb describing Dean Heil.

6 minutes ago, silvermedal said:

I am intrigued that you didn’t post this person’s name. Why is that?

6 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

You have CLEARLY dogged Lugo ALL season. So, since Sasso pulled that match out of his rear end, where does that put him in your mind?

when you call someone out for having a dumb pick by choice, and you end up being wrong, eat the humble pie. 

Rankings wise Sasso is realistically probably around 3rd. Lugo 4th. It’s a good question. 

In terms of NCAA placement, my pick all season has been Sasso. This weight is impossible to predict though. Lugo I think will place 6th or do, but he has a shot to win the whole thing

10 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

So your position is that you should be allowed to say anything you want, and if anybody responds, they are being defensive.  Got it.

No. Of course not. 

Iowa fans are super offended that I called out the guy who called me out for a dumb pick. There are like 12 of you coming after me. It’s actually pretty funny.